Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:17:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: Places of interest  (Read 8435 times)
Tom Failur

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 02:51:41 AM »

While much of that post is long winded and babbling it did raise some interesting ideas. Mainly the idea of gold in places being finite. Which would act as an incentive to kill over it. Or for a clan to work together to boost it's coffers.

I agree that no heavy machinery should be introduced. You could get a decent amout with a shovel out of loose earth.

And I see Shartak coins as only bits of gold vaguely flattened out all about the same size. Not precisely measured. And that's certainly the simplest way of having them for the puposes of this suggestion. Having to cut the gems or melt down the gold is too complicated to be worth it.

Tom "Pimp Mastah" Failur- Is no longer a mercenary.
Tlotzin- Headhunting Aztec
TET- Researching the mysteries of the island

<Lexy> Tom isn't real
Buttercup

=O

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 02:57:11 AM »

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:36:00 AM by Buttercup » Logged

Shartak:Buttercup Wiki:Buttercup Shintolin:Buttercup Exodus3000:Happy

I also play Urban Dead. On the wiki I'm Ms.Panes.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 03:29:10 AM »

Panning for antediluvial gold (nuggets, not coins) or gems in a river is a nice idea.

A long while ago I suggested a toll bridge, with a NPC toll collector/troll. Its still on the wiki. What if your flag is on the toll bridge, all the profits go to a nominated person in your clan? Stick your flag on the bridge, and any money collected by the toll collector automatically goes to you. The bridges could be over rivers (provided the flow is accelerated and made dangerous), or long chasms, so basically you have to go over the bridge to travel or take a very long route.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Buttercup

=O

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 03:30:15 AM »

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:36:10 AM by Buttercup » Logged

Shartak:Buttercup Wiki:Buttercup Shintolin:Buttercup Exodus3000:Happy

I also play Urban Dead. On the wiki I'm Ms.Panes.
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »

Maybe there could be burial grounds for each town/village, and in the burial grounds spirits belonging to that graveyard couldn't be sent very far away, like maybe just 2-3 square away? Like, in a Wiksik graveyard, Wiksik spirits couldn't be sent too far, but pirate/Raktam/etc. spirits would be treated normally. You know, 'cuz graveyards are spooky? You also wouldn't be able to summon a spirit away from a graveyard it "belonged" to. Then if you have grave robbing, the spirits could decide to guard the graves. You'd have to be a brave man to trudge through there.

That's a really nice idea.  Does anyone have any understanding of where exorcism currently moves spirits?  Perhaps there could be 'spirit linked spots' like graveyards, ruins, temples, than spirits are more likely to end up at?

Johan Crichton
Please read the forum rules before posting.
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »

That ties in nicely with a graveyard proposal a few months' ago, whereby characters who have been inactive for more than a month would be automatically sent to a graveyard/burial ground next to each village and players could grave-rob the inventory of the abandoned character.

Jhelai

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »

Hum. Would make for a good reason to bury ones valuables in a secure spot, then. Looting someones corpse for a heavy sword would be a good reason for anyone to turn graverobbing, though I'd put in a message for each item stolen whenever the inactive character returns. Date, the character stealing, and items stolen.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence" - Henrik Tikkanen
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »

Maybe there could be burial grounds for each town/village, and in the burial grounds spirits belonging to that graveyard couldn't be sent very far away, like maybe just 2-3 square away? Like, in a Wiksik graveyard, Wiksik spirits couldn't be sent too far, but pirate/Raktam/etc. spirits would be treated normally. You know, 'cuz graveyards are spooky? You also wouldn't be able to summon a spirit away from a graveyard it "belonged" to. Then if you have grave robbing, the spirits could decide to guard the graves. You'd have to be a brave man to trudge through there.

You could do something similar for temples.
That ties in nicely with a graveyard proposal a few months' ago, whereby characters who have been inactive for more than a month would be automatically sent to a graveyard/burial ground next to each village and players could grave-rob the inventory of the abandoned character.
I'd much rather have it as NPC spirits and graves. These would be more like ancient ancestor haunting their burial place than current spirits congregating there.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »

Trawling old topics....

It would be helpful if there were way stations, places of interest to go to. These don't have to be much (think of the Archer's Pool memorial at the pool at the tail of the northern river, or the pirates' graveyard memorial east of Raktam) but it would be helpful if they were noted with a rock cairn as we see in Sacred Space, and it might also be nice if they were a resource square.

So, a rock cairn on Unity Island might denote an ruined windmill with bottles of beer as the resource: a rock cairn between Dalpok and York might denote an abandoned temple to a feathered serpent god with daggers and gems found there: a rock cairn on the far western dunes might denote a failed Spanish settlement with empty rifles as the resource. It adds to the texture of desperation and decline.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: