Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
May 21, 2018, 02:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Catholic aggression against the people of Shartak.  (Read 6136 times)
Lutheran

Opponent of Catholicism.

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:29:59 PM »

Let me explain some things to you on the state of religious conflict on this Island.

It is a well-known fact that the Pope has had designs on Shartak ever since it was discovered. He wants to seize Shartak for himself and make slaves of us all, to ban our Protestant religion and impose the chains of Rome on all of Shartak.

Already we have seen numerous aggressive Roman Catholic initiatives against Shartak, and we have the proofs in hand of numerous conspiracies hatched in the very city of Rome to subvert and destroy this land. This coupled with the recent surge in religious violence in Shartak's foremost city, York, in which agents of the Church of Rome have attacked and killed innocent protestants.

I could cite many other things, proving that the Church of Rome is an absolute and irreconcilable enemy of Shartak...but it would be too long.
These are sufficient to show to the people that Rome is a viper, which they feed and press upon their bosom. Sooner or later that viper will bite to death and kill this Land.

Those who say there is no threat from Rome, you must open your eyes! If you could only learn how the Priests, the Nuns, and the Monks, which daily land on our shores, under the pretext of preaching their religion, instructing the people in their schools, taking care of the sick in the hospitals, are nothing but the emissaries of the Pope, of Napoleon and the other despots of Europe, to undermine our institutions, alienate the hearts of our people from our laws, destroy our schools, and prepare a reign of anarchy here as they have done in Ireland, in Mexico, in Spain and wherever there are any people who want to be free.

Fellow protestants! Are you like CaptainSan of czechy's tavern--most probably he holds holds the rank of 'Captain' in the military order of Loyola's perfidious "Society of Jesus"...!--one who wllingly rolls out the red carpet for the Pope to take over this entire island? Or will you fight for freedom and the Protestant religion?

Protestants of York, Derby, Durham, and the shipwreck! We must unite to expel the Roman serpent from our shores before it is too late. Native opponents of Catholicism, I invite you to join us as well.

Protestantism before party or faction or group, protestantism before town, protestantism before section or region!!

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Lutheran of the Protestant League.
Tom Failur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »

I would just like to make a pre-emptive strike and say that everyone needs to take this in the RP sense it is obviously intended.

I don't want, and I'm sure neither does Lutheran, anyone to be offended. Let's have no discussion of religion out of character.

Tom "Pimp Mastah" Failur- Is no longer a mercenary.
Tlotzin- Headhunting Aztec
TET- Researching the mysteries of the island

<Lexy> Tom isn't real
Foo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 11:25:59 PM »

I, Foo Fighter of the WickSick Headhunters, openly admit attending a Jesuit college during the days of my youth. I learned valuable things there, and my deep love for rituals might stem from the time as well. Fortunately, we natives dealt with all questions about protestantism vs. catholicism by including them both in our colorful and patchworked belief system, making use of them as need arises. Oh, and Lutheran, do you know you where to first person ever to be listed in our collectors fanzine on our wiki page? I hope to collect your head again sometimes!

G3N

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 11:36:46 PM »

It pains me to say that i lost my faith when a monkey stole my pants.
I work mainly to keep Shartak (and eventually the rest of the world) free from piracy and its residents (NOT the Savages!) safe from the Pirate threat, whatever their belief or creed. However, i do agree that keeping Shartak under the rule of the British Empire is in the best interests of all. Although it would not be the end of the world if a foreign power took over (as long as they keep the island free from Piracy and do not bother the good people living on Shartak), it would be far from ideal.
If what you say is true and Rome is plotting with related foreign powers to undermine the British Empire's hold on Shartak (thus increasing risk of Piracy, especially if it comes down to inefficient French rule) - i recommend you hastily convert the Savages from their primitive pagan religion, this may seem undesirable, but it would give the Protestants a trump card against the foreign Catholic forces.

characters:

Pirate/Idiot: G3N

Cannibal: Master Teeth

Hired Killer: Kamikui

Shaman: Rill
Rob Zombie

Das Captain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

As a hard-rockin' Pagan, its my duty to fight alongside the bloody Cathards with thier false idols and contradictory texts! Even if they did give me a good schooling in my childhood, while all the while i was plotting ways to slay the RE teachers.
 However, the Protestants can't talk of murder, not in the least! Protestant sailors colonized America, slaying all the Indians and forcing them onto reservations, hunting the animals for the joy of death rather than the need to survive. I am ashamed that these people were British, I am glad that the Church Of England banished them from my green and pleasant homeland.
i may be a different kind of pagan to the natives of shartak, but i'm standing by my Polythiestic brothers in defence against all Monothiestic opression!
If anyone uses the Viking argument as a reposte to mine about murder, then just remember:
Vikings were told to murder and kill in thier creed. But the 10 Commandments clearly state 'Thou shalt not kill'
And i never said i was Norse Pagan.

Captain of the Derby Privateers. Such as they are.
http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html - My finest interview in the Masthead.
AKA: Rincewind, cowardly shaman and trader,
AKA: Rozen, the smooth talking pirate. And trader.
a kitten

She killed two teddies! ^O.O^

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

Being non-Christian, I should probably avoid this thread, ey?

~meow~

A tale of two kitties...

:k1: a kitten: http://www.shartak.com//profile.cgi?id=5183
:k2: a lost kitten: http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=7315
Pike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 09:28:23 PM »

I think churchy here is very entertaining. I might have more fun talking to him is I didn't only pray to the almighty gold coin.
lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 11:15:38 PM »

I worship my machete and Ancestors, and as Foo mentioned, also patchworks.

Lutheran

Opponent of Catholicism.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »

Being non-Christian [...]

Are you saying you are a Roman Catholic?

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Lutheran of the Protestant League.
a kitten

She killed two teddies! ^O.O^

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 03:07:53 AM »

I'm not that either.

~meow~

A tale of two kitties...

:k1: a kitten: http://www.shartak.com//profile.cgi?id=5183
:k2: a lost kitten: http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=7315
Rob Zombie

Das Captain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

Christian is the term used to describe anybody who believes in the monothiestic 'God' who has no name and was represented on earth by his son Jesus who is also part of him, as is a tonge of fire slash dove known as the 'holy spirit'.
so lutheran's last post made no sense.

Captain of the Derby Privateers. Such as they are.
http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html - My finest interview in the Masthead.
AKA: Rincewind, cowardly shaman and trader,
AKA: Rozen, the smooth talking pirate. And trader.
lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 01:05:58 AM »

Don't forget Jesus is also part of Wicksick Headhunters!

CJ

be-head!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »

...and I saw the Holy Spirit in Raktam!

Excessive cognitive demands cause defensive reactions

Jesus
Crowjane

lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »