Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 21, 2017, 02:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real time battle - pirates v Dalpok  (Read 23534 times)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

OK, once again a battle between pirates and natives, this time the Dalpoki and their allies.

The only known pool is four squares in size and is located at [-70.486,+26.504] (northwest of the mountain and between Dalpok and the shipwreck). It feeds a river which flows north to the ocean.

I presently only have a vague idea of how far this is from the wreck, so once I determine that I'll let everyone know.

Prize
The person with the most kills during the battle gets, most importantly, bragging rights, but also:

1. naming rights to the pool (eg. Lake Azuma, Skull Face Pond, or Lama Pool);

2. naming rights to the battle (eg. Battle of Boot Strap's Pool, Battle of Lake Rozen);

3. and care of our generous sponsor, the Bank of Shartak, an account with the Bank worth 500 GCs.

Timing

GMT midnight 13 October 2007

I'm happy to drum up interest at the shipwreck, but can someone do the job in Dalpok? A road from both the wreck and from Dalpok might help get people there.

This is obviously an event where the more people who participate the better, so hopefully it is less of a massacre than the Battle of the Pirates' Graveyard, and we should call a moratorium on kills in the week before the event so everyone can get into place. Hopefully a roaming shaman will be nearby just in case as with the last battle so anyone who is prematurely killed in breach of the rules can zap back before the fun begins.

I'll ask Simon again to see if he would be kind enough to send a broadcast a week before the game.  The role playing reason for the battle could be over the pirates' claim to New Amsterdam (although obviously, just to be clear, in the event of a pirate win the pirate name would not stick) and I'll word the broadcast to reflect this.

Thoughts?

[Modified to insert date of contest for Simon's global broadcast]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:53:45 AM by FirstAmongstDaves » Logged

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Skull Face

Chimay Red

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »

Instead of midnight GMT can we have it at midnight server time?

This would avoid any time-zone confusion as everyone has access to server time in-game - simply tick the check box in your character profile and you'll know exactly when to start murdering.

0000FF Beard

KotIRC_C

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »

Instead of midnight GMT can we have it at midnight server time?

This would avoid any time-zone confusion as everyone has access to server time in-game - simply tick the check box in your character profile and you'll know exactly when to start murdering.

That sounds like an excellent idea
It would also allow me to participate without staying up too late.

Rob Zombie

Das Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »

Isn't server time GMT time anyway? Or is it an hour out?

Sounds okay to me. Rozen's in Durham gathering FAKs.

Captain of the Derby Privateers. Such as they are.
http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html - My finest interview in the Masthead.
AKA: Rincewind, cowardly shaman and trader,
AKA: Rozen, the smooth talking pirate. And trader.
Armadox the Butcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:13:11 AM »

In Dalpok right now buying off them FAKs. I might stick around for more pirate killing..

I also think your placing these "battles" to close together..

*shrugs*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:01:40 AM by Armadox_the_Butcher » Logged

...It's not hard to find Armadox, just follow the trail of dead bodies....

Ogre philosophy on child-rearing: "Keep the best, eat the rest."
0000FF Beard

KotIRC_C

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »

A road from both the wreck and from Dalpok might help get people there.

I've already made a road that goes from the coast connected to the shipwreck.
It might have been suggested before, but maybe we could use Corsair Boulevard?
The road is in quite a good state, so it would spare us a lot of work, and there would be no extra AP cost to use it either.
This is the road I shall work on.

Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:58:54 PM »

Isn't server time GMT time anyway? Or is it an hour out?

Although the time in the UK is currently GMT+1 (Daylight Savings) until October 28th, the server time displayed on the game page is always UTC/GMT.
Foo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:16:35 AM »

So everybody let the server time be displayed in your profile (can be enabled under 'edit profile') and go after that clock - last time was a bit chaotic.

Also, are only Dalpok natives allowed or can anybody come?  Grin

Rob Zombie

Das Captain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »

Can we keep it to Dalpok please...?

We dont have 2 other shipwrecks to bring out buddies in from, you know.

Captain of the Derby Privateers. Such as they are.
http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html - My finest interview in the Masthead.
AKA: Rincewind, cowardly shaman and trader,
AKA: Rozen, the smooth talking pirate. And trader.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:09:27 PM »

On the contrary, I think this one will be weighted in favour of the pirates, given the people of Dalpok are not particularly well-organised and it is geographically a lot closer to the shipwreck than the last battle. I personally will be goading a lot of pirates into battle - any pirate in the vicinity of the wreck in the next few weeks will be getting a push and a shove. So I think anyone should be able to participate in support of the natives (even Derbians or Yorkers), and likewise if any of our friends from Durham want to help us they'd be welcome.

Armadox - yes, I think they are temporally a bit close together, but in the same breath we have some momentum so why not keep going with it?

OOOFF - is the pool near Corsair Boulevard? We'd have to build a spur off the Boulevard, wouldn't we?

Tom or another moderator - would you be able to pin this thread?

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Kilshrek

KotIRC_C

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »

MOD REQUEST : Sticky thread please.

I think pirates aren't terribly coordinated either.. Just as likely to kill one another as the enemy, savvy? *Shameless copycat-ing right there*

Foo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 04:47:53 PM »

There are 233 pirates running around on Shartak, the real time battle takes place on their doorstep and now only Dalpoki can take part? Next thing will be that only Dalpoki warriors are allowed, and only under 30 HP!

We'll see 

Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »

well i say how about this, only natives from dalpok are allowed to enter, with the exceoption of those brave and magnificent members of the para-military group who defend Dalpok with their lives every day....otherwise known as members of DLF 

at least this way we may get an influx in members and maybe a bit more advertising
0000FF Beard

KotIRC_C

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

OOOFF - is the pool near Corsair Boulevard? We'd have to build a spur off the Boulevard, wouldn't we?

I just finished connectong the shipwreck part of the road to the pool.
Once I'm done with the Dalpok part, I'll maintain the entire road a some more.
We'll only have to clean up the roads a bit some days before the battle starts, and everybody will be able to come without any problems

Next thing will be that only Dalpoki warriors are allowed, and only under 30 HP!

That would be cheating!
And we don't like it when natives cheat Angry

Only poisoned shamans with no more than one HP, those are the rules

Skull Face

Chimay Red

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »

There are more pirates than natives of Dalpok and Raktam combined. Stop whining about your opponents. It's natives vs unwashed rabble and that's all there is to it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: