Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The achievements thread!  (Read 73903 times)
mouse

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »

I think maybe cannibals have a special advantage in killing. I've seen one kill seven people at a time. I struggle to kill one person with a day's worth of AP.
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »

I think maybe cannibals have a special advantage in killing. I've seen one kill seven people at a time. I struggle to kill one person with a day's worth of AP.

They do. It'd be a real problem if there were more players, but we're scarce enough that its probably enough to just call it well done in this case. It's a long term commitment in any event, the Serial Killer badge. As far as I know, there's only three players (across five characters) that have managed it. So as much as I'd like to see cannibals nerfed a bit... I've no problem saying well played to An 800 Pound Gorilla. But your point is well taken, mouse.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 08, 2017, 01:44:57 AM »

It takes planning to kill multiple characters at once. Usually a tonne of fungi juice, some XP-AP conversion, and all the targets located in one spot. Graagh (a Dalpok warrior, not a cannibal) was very successful in doing this at the Stone Owl Tavern, and my pirate has cleaned out the Wiksik Spirit Hut from time to time.

Pistols really help - my pirate has 80 of them. If they're all loaded then my pirate has significant firepower (I haven't had a heavy sword in the possession of one of my characters for a long time, and they break too easily anyway.)

The real advantage of cannibals is that they are really hard to kill once they've bumped up HP through ritual feasting. The feasting can slow down an escape, but if it is in a quiet-ish spot (not a trading hut or a healing hut), then there is no rush to leave. 

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 12, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »

Strength of a Bear just became the 12th level 43 Sharman, the op rank you can get for a Sharman in game. 

No idea how many of that 11 are still active. 
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: May 12, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »

The active Shaman count at the top of the stats page is only 16 total so at worst you're 1 of 12 active level 43 shaman

After a quick peek in the database, I can say that you are actually 1 of 6 active level 43 shaman, together with nine, gridflay, lacuna, zevna and Etherdrifter. There's only 30 active players who are level 40 or higher across all classes.
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 13, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

Strength of a Bear just became the 12th level 43 Sharman, the op rank you can get for a Sharman in game. 

No idea how many of that 11 are still active. 

Wooo shamen, represent!

Also, although I don't think it's officially registered in the stats yet, another Dalpoki has reached the status of Serial Killer (for killing Sean Bean, which is funny).

Congratulations to spooge, on your 1000th PK. Well done!
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 13, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

He's a real nasty piece of work, and I'm not referring to the badge. The best thing I can say about spooge is that he's the ideal native pker for York - he amply justifies our weirdo xenophobia and is a perfect villain for the Hierophant, someone just as horrible as he is...I'd be amazed if players haven't reported him many times over for his roleplaying. The fact that he's still around after eleven years speaks well for The Hierophant's chances of surviving without a ban, though it's probably pretty depressing for his other victims. 

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 13, 2017, 11:04:21 PM »

The active Shaman count at the top of the stats page is only 16 total so at worst you're 1 of 12 active level 43 shaman

After a quick peek in the database, I can say that you are actually 1 of 6 active level 43 shaman, together with nine, gridflay, lacuna, zevna and Etherdrifter. There's only 30 active players who are level 40 or higher across all classes.

Thanks Simon!
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 16, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »

That's interesting. Do you mean players or characters?

Only one of my characters is about level 40 - Admiral Benzylmethylecgonine, who is level 42 (the apex level for pirates). My others are all level 30s, except for An Enormous Haast's Eagle, which is level 21 (I convert XP to AP for that one as it doesn't need any of the extra skills to perform its entirely predatory function).

Perhaps we players should have a race to see who can level up a character to the apex level the fastest, all starting on the same day?

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

That idea is SOOOO 2010:

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,3065.0.html

Grin 

Not saying its a bad idea of course. 
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: May 19, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »

That's interesting. Do you mean players or characters?

Good point, in this instance I meant characters. I try to use accounts (overall site login) vs characters usually but occasionally forget because a lot of the older code refers to players/characters/users as the same thing. Of course, accounts didn't exist in Shartak v1. If/when I get around to reworking a lot of the code, I will be attempting to standardise on accounts vs characters and do away with references to users or players.
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2017, 10:52:10 PM »

All 5164 areas discovered, to quote Johnny Cash, I've been everywhere man.
mouse

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 12, 2017, 02:36:34 PM »

Good job!
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »

Amazing! Congrats- that's a seriously long term commitment.
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »

Thanks guys, for some reason I am top of the list, not sure why, its not alphabetical. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: