Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 03:42:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New characters on parade  (Read 2439 times)
theycallhimthebandit

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »

As only an observer of The bit mapping Hunger Games now, I notices wherever the number of active Shartak characters gets near or below 200, a new group of interesting named guys and gals show up!!! The latest, "Percy Richards, Razmer, Uisce, Zapp Rowsdower and The Pale Lady"! Percy Richards huh? Who wants to bet good ol' Percy will fight his way thru the ranks and reach level 39, and win a bear cloak?!! Hmmm .... I'm guessing no. Percy will probably make level one. And get deleted in April. Seriously though, who keeps doing this?!! Creating and deleting characters over & over who just stand around waiting to get whacked?? Zapp Rowsdower?! Damn! Love it. Nice name. But c'mon. I guess since I was roughly half the board's characters now deleted (I am also Spooge & Azuma  Undecided  -- deal with it), one single person is doing this over & over & over again. To artificially increase the stats? Good for them! I wish I'd thought of it.        

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H4Y3YdstdE

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:38:42 PM by theycallhimthebandit » Logged

"THAT'S NOT YOUR CAR IS IT? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY SOLD THOSE TO MEN."
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:58:09 AM »

There's no way you're Azuma.

But yes, there are at least four freshly minted characters in Wiksik. My pirate gave Dunjk a heads-up on it when my kind-of peacefully pirate was passing through Wiksik. Zapp Rpwsdpwer is one. Naroti the Weaver is another.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
theycallhimthebandit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:17 AM »

There's no way you're Azuma.

But yes, there are at least four freshly minted characters in Wiksik. My pirate gave Dunjk a heads-up on it when my kind-of peacefully pirate was passing through Wiksik. Zapp Rpwsdpwer is one. Naroti the Weaver is another.

I am too Azuma! And also An enormous Haast's eagle.   Kiss

But who is doing it? Creating all these 'stand around and do nothing' characters? Is it a ponzi scheme to make it appear there are more active players in the game than really are? If I've spoken out of turn, I'm sorry 'Zapp Rpwsdpwer' and Naroti the Weaver! Even if I was still playing I could never come up with names like those. Naroti the Weaver? Sounds like a character from Portlandia who runs a bed & breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anvz-AES2cY
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:04:42 AM by theycallhimthebandit » Logged

"THAT'S NOT YOUR CAR IS IT? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY SOLD THOSE TO MEN."
Akbar

It mushed have been something I ate.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »

He's not Azuma. I'm Azuma.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:58:28 AM »

He's not Azuma. I'm Azuma.

Well now. Hello, my friend.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
azuma

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »

(OOC)

I'm still the only lower-case azuma. All is right in the world.

For the sake of disclosure, of those whom are active, I'm also Vieux (http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=15933).

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 10:11:58 PM »

Don't believe all these imposters, I am the real Azuma.

hee hee

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 12:48:53 AM »

Well, I know this thread is kind of abandoned but today I just created Gully Foyle in Wiksik. Now I didn't create any of the characters mentioned in the op, but yeah I tend to create new characters when I get bored. Usually named after fictional characters, Erich Zann, The King in Yellow, Indrid Cold, James Hook all from literary fiction. I also made a Catbug from Bravest Warriors cartoon and for some reason Ziltoid the Omniscient based off of a Devin Townsend sci-fi concept album... not sure where I was going with that. Plenty of uninspired fictional characters, many are retired but perhaps someday I'll bring them back. I think I retired Alcohol Poisoning once and brought them back, or maybe I brought back my cannibal.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. Though I tend to not give up on them until they're level 5 at least.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 05:52:36 AM »

I liked Alcohol Poisoning. I don't remember meeting any of the rest, though I tip my fedora at the Lovecraft characters.

But I rather like Last Laugh as a straight fiction. He fits in well in York.

Eustace Scrubb is from Narnia, of course, but the character itself has little in common. Gorry Louis was the name of a pirate character I used in a play I wrote when I was younger, and pretty much the same guy. The Hierophant is supposed to resemble Sergeant Hakeswill from the Sharpe novels / tv show. Mencken and Ricardo Reis are both writers, sort of. Reis was a kind of pseudonym used by the poet Pessoa. I don't know why I thought naming an anarchist cannibal after HL Mencken made any sense. 

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »

With The Hierophant I always make the Major Arcana Tarot connection. Which I assume is intentional. At the very least it is fitting.

Huh, Major Arcana there might be something there for a character. Possible rival for Last Laugh? Well, I have enough character bloat and I couldn't pit my own characters against each other. I forgot that Mencken was a cannibal. That's actually pretty great to think about. Mencken is one of those historical people I find fascinating... even though his politics are kind of remind me of Ayn Rand. Power should be reserved for those who deserve it. It's got a social darwinism feel to it. But historical journalists and people who worked in and with the press have always been especially interesting to me. Of course Mencken being the intellectual elite that he was could have been drawn to cannibalism do to feeling that the common man is cattle, fit only for consumtion. But... also, I'm just pulling out of my butthole. But that's what makes life fun.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: