Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
June 29, 2017, 02:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Zerging?  (Read 2939 times)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »

Naw, she's a pseud. Like you.

How's that for writing weird?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 06:12:07 AM »

I was just stating a fact.   

Like calling everyone involved zergers. Also a fact.
theycallhimthebandit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2017, 07:10:10 AM »

Naw, she's a pseud. Like you.

How's that for writing weird?

That's it, you've got it! Now mention your appendages again.

"THAT'S NOT YOUR CAR IS IT? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY SOLD THOSE TO MEN."
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »

I will do any low, petty thing, if it means I will gain a hollow victory

Hm, I wonder what kind of things a zerger would do?
theycallhimthebandit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 10:34:29 PM »

I'm a sexually confused guy who posts a lot of odd goth feminine crap, and gives everyone the creeps.

Making a fake quote, is pretty low. You make the MISFITS look absolutely honorable by comparison. I see why no one replies to you. Have a good day sir.      

"THAT'S NOT YOUR CAR IS IT? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY SOLD THOSE TO MEN."
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »

You sure did! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »

I'm a sexually confused guy who posts a lot of odd goth feminine crap, and gives everyone the creeps.
Someone is new to the internet.

You make the MISFITS look absolutely honorable by comparison.
And you, by association, make them look like they are dull and have delusions of adequacy.

I see why no one replies to you.  
Because I'm a modern renaissance man and am brilliant. Humble, too.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »

Hmm, this seems to have gotten out of hand.

Nine contacted me after that last exchange. The Misfits may be in Durham right now, or may not, but I'm fairly convinced that the bad elements aren't operating there, at any rate. And the last thing I want to do is set them off in case any of them still read the forum.

Dani sort of fell into her hands (I have a clear conscious here, since I'm familiar with such reactions) of splitting up the enemy against each other, but we eventually got over it.

I don't even remember this, but to be fair, there's a lot buried in these threads that I don't remember and a lot more that I'd prefer not to. Which is a way of saying that it's hard to spit on the Misfits in general or Katie in particular without being reminded of my own less than savory history.

Shartak's best players are the ones who knew to steer clear from this place before they ever played.

I think that's spot-on. In my early days here I sent PMs to Serious Sam, DLC, the WickSickers, Skull Face etc asking them to come back to the game. They never responded. At the time, I thought, if we could just get some of these guys back, things would be different. If we had the population to do really interesting roleplays, with really good roleplayers...but Killy's right. The good ones left early, or eventually got bored or sick of the drama, and all that were left were the ones too addicted to leave. None of my characters are active atm, and I'm not really sad, because they aren't missing anything.

Occasionally I think about putting together a Hierophant thread, but it'd just be him being horrible to everyone else for page after page, not very interesting. And I'm more wary now about causing drama on the forum and upsetting people than I was when I designed the character. Or maybe it's just the current political atmosphere - making racist, fascist remarks about natives and pirates just isn't as amusing or historically quaint as it once was. 

You know who I miss? Darwin St. Luke. That guy was great. He sounded like he really belonged here instead of being someone's mary sue. 

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »

Overall I can say it's better to remember that good times were had.

I dont recall a Darwin st luke. What did he do?

I prefer affable rogues and outcast characters, and set almost all my characters in this mold. I for sure detest detest mary sue behavior (ie, potatoes with piercing blue eyes and arent overweight).
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 02:12:52 AM »

*Chuckles to himself*

Skull was a damn good roleplayer, he could turn anything into a drama storm (that's how I met him, one morning I woke up and he'd declared war on us necromancers because our guild ferrywoman had killed him for murdering a peaceful outsider).  Oddly enough, responding to Skull's posturing was what made me join the forums; just think of all those lovely things I've shared that wouldn't be here were it not for Skull's consistent warmongering.

That said, he was fun to play against [both during the first guild war (where the guild suffered it's only loss and conceded the spirit hut), and when the guild turned on his successor character for denying their authority in wiksik (where the Kingdom of Skulls was denied legitimacy and effectively destroyed)] and with (the pre-GSUCK days of the Kingdom of Skulls were rather fun since Skull v Daves was always amusing, Anthor also didn't do too badly in my eyes (staunch ally that he was)).

Would I ever like to see Skull on the island again?  Probably not since these days I'm enjoying the peaceful island life and I really wouldn't like to burn through my experience just to repeatedly haunt him to death.

For once I find myself in agreement with Killian (though calling oneself a renaissance man and then claiming to be humble paints a rather grim picture); it's better to think of the good times past.

Though I would argue that you are all placing upon pedestals those players you miss interacting with the most.  The heart of all drama on the island had its roots in the roleplayers, be it Daves and his excellent schemes for stirring up conflict (GSUC and their revolutionary "unifying the island" being a product of his) or Skull's persistent warmongering in Wiksik (two times he showed up, two wars followed).

For every excellently roleplayed death or scene, there was a nasty (RL) character assassination or some solid outright griefing.  Bare in mind, I say this with all the conviction of a man whose guild still maintains a permanent KoS list on certain players.

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2017, 03:58:37 AM »

Nah, the drama was stupid. Nobody outside of shartak players will give a 5 years from now.

The people that I listed, I did so, because they were pretty cool and creative outside the game. Foo shared some of his academic work, and people like Gridflay and Kurtz are phenomenally well spoken and knowledgeable. More importantly, they were nice. Skull Face was really well read, at least in pulp literature. I didn't mention people like Neil and Dave who had superb wits, and the kind of versatility associated with sharp wits, but they're also within that group.

Dave seemed more productive than Skull Face outside of shartak. Dave was certainly more persistent. But then I haven't seen much of the work of the latter.

My reflection will support me in any of my boisterous claims about being smart.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: