Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 19, 2018, 12:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Zerging?  (Read 7983 times)
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »

Are these alts also of this guy?

Derek Sommersby - http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=24449
Sarah Osborne - http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=24384
doctor buzzard - http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=24312
LittleOldMe Ed Herlihy http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=24263
Doctor John Simmons http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=24149

I think doctor buzzard is not likely to be his, but maybe.

doctor buzzard is kipp also.  Have no idea about the others, but I took him as a good guy, had some interaction with him. 
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 10:46:25 AM »

Wow, so this has escalated rather out of hand, I have no idea what is going on. 

So was theycallhimthebandit, like...everyone...?  Even Man-Thing?....im so lost and out of touch. 

I have no problem with people having multiple characters, I have had loads: 

Chimpochento - Retired
Sterling Archer - Retired
Eyes of a Hawk
Strength of a Bear
Bum
Super Ted - Not active
Klaus the Wretched - Retired
Milkchew
Mint-Berry Crunch

Plus characters that was involved in the Quest for the Golden Sceptre I ran: 

Silent Heart - Retired
Lisa del Giocondo - Retired
Francisco José de Goya - Retired
Pius - Retired

I would say ive `bent` the rules in the past also. 
Akbar

It mushed have been something I ate.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »

Basically Burt is everyone on the island except me and Neil and anyone that says otherwise is just playing an elaborate charade.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »

What was the point of Silent Heart, other than being an anagram of Neil Tathers.

It drove me batty back in the day.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 09:56:37 PM »

Silent Heart was to do with the lead up to the apocalypse, just created to get some kind of build up and interest. I think a thread was created based on the babbling he came out with so he served his purpose I guess.  

Slammed a few names into an anagram generator but yours came up with the best one by far, so again that got a bit of interest when you realised.  Can't remember all the ins and outs but tracked you in game for a bit trying to nudge you in the right direction, to manipulate you into creating a thread or even post off your own back about a possible situation, because you are a respectable credable person on here who people would listen too.  Bit like inception I guess, trying to plant a seed of a thought about a thought in your head to get you to do something off your own back without me posting the standard "I'm doing this" thread, and without you realising you had been 'incepeted' and believing it was your idea to post.  

Took ages to arrange that, something like a year with everything involved.  Took about four years out of the game afterwards, was blown out.  Just bum around the island now finding things to do.  Gotta get Hawk his exploration badge, discover all the squares and all that.  There was something else I wanted to do,  but it's not really possible with one person after I gave it some thought.  I fancied killing all the sharman, camp and roamers, just to see what would happen.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:03:59 PM by Milkchew » Logged
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Silent Heart was clever. I also liked Endless. I thought they were played by the same guy, they were both spooky.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 03:33:19 AM »

I've been keeping an eye out on several characters that I thought were the same person. I connected Sara Osborne to Burt fairly early via interactions between several chars with one of my alts. Quarrel was connected to Sara.. and possibly the Axeman ( Not positive with that one.. But he fits a pattern I've noticed.) Arron Burr killed an alt shortly after being visited in his hidy hole by Burt also. Was kind of obvious with Burt telling me to die.. then a character I hadn't seen before pops by and kills me  minutes later.  Quite a few folks could be tagged as alts of Burts going by the pattern I noticed, but I could have been wayyyy off with any of em just as easily. I've only mentioned ones I am pretty sure of.

All in all, although I was zerged a bit by him, I always thought of our interactions as part of entering a new (to me) game community. (shrug) I thought Burt was an excellent role player. At one point I took a hard look at our interactions, and saw that most of it was indeed just that. Roleplay.

I don't think he should be driven from the game. I realize that what I know is like the tip of an iceberg. But on the flip side.. He seems  to have been around for alot of the history of Shartak also.

anyways.. theres my two cents.

DF
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »

So of the kills per death stats page, for outsiders:

Kills per Death (excluding home kills) for Outsiders

Player

Kills

Deaths

Kills/Death

Man-Thing 25 7 3.57
lemmy caution 51 22 2.32
Sgt Monkey 117 63 1.86
Victor 392 215 1.82
Raffles 510 365 1.40
Last Laugh 167 196 0.85
Keiichi 234 298 0.79
Noahsan 81 104 0.78
TheDreadThespian burt reynolds 18 31 0.58

Zombie Pudge McCreedy 14 25 0.56
retribution 34 61 0.56
Jack Torrance 83 153 0.54
Tanner86 17 32 0.53
The Crawling Chaos 96 183 0.52
the axman 15 29 0.52
Sarah Osborne 18 36 0.50
Sgt Nicholas Angel II 8 16 0.50
Too Much Johnson 6 12 0.50
Yves Montand 27 54 0.50
Quarrel 8 16 0.50

...at least five of the twenty are the same player.

Sad
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:20:25 AM by FirstAmongstDaves » Logged

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »

Wow, so this has escalated rather out of hand, I have no idea what is going on. 

So was theycallhimthebandit, like...everyone...?  Even Man-Thing?....im so lost and out of touch. 

I have no problem with people having multiple characters, I have had loads: 

Chimpochento - Retired
Sterling Archer - Retired
Eyes of a Hawk
Strength of a Bear
Bum
Super Ted - Not active
Klaus the Wretched - Retired
Milkchew
Mint-Berry Crunch

Plus characters that was involved in the Quest for the Golden Sceptre I ran: 

Silent Heart - Retired
Lisa del Giocondo - Retired
Francisco José de Goya - Retired
Pius - Retired

I would say ive `bent` the rules in the past also. 

I have 12 retired characters and one idled character. But they never operated in concert (except for the bank back in the day, which Simon said he had no issue with).

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
neilencio

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »

I have a sword farmer named BabyHowie that has gone idle now. Gave up after months of not finding anything.
I tried starting a pirate named Son of Mxy but didn't know resources in that area are scarce, and so it has gone idle again.

I had an old account named ella chen or something similar. IIRC I zerged with that account (used an alt to scout enemies), but that was a long time ago (a decade ago, I think), back when FirstAmongstDaves first introduced me and a bunch of other online friends to the game, there was a war in York or something and before the bank thing. I have since forgotten the password to that account and the email address used for said account.

My main is FireDick Neilencio. it's going around picking (and losing) fights with other Durhamites and any natives that it comes across. I forgot who started and why. I registered it during the French men's war against the Fear Itself faction in Durham and sided with the French. I don't know what happened to the war, I feel like one of those WW2 Japanese soldiers that got stuck in the Philippines' jungles who believed that they're still fighting, 3 decades after the war ended.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »

I just like you name.

Neilencio.

neilencio

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

"Neil" is a very sexy name, reserved for very sexy individuals.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:00:28 AM by neilencio » Logged
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »

Is it me or is it getting hot in here? 
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 11:08:39 AM »

Ether would have `gone along' with a little more solid evidence (Ether dies often and its really part of his character by now and its great fun coming up with new things for him to say when he comes back from the dead); if there is one thing I cannot abide more than zergers it is witch hunts.  They destroy communities as all here should well know.  As an aside Muad, please don't ban folks without definitive evidence of wrongdoing (after a confession or simon confirmation, 100% yes ban em); it usually solves nothing and just encourages the creation of grief alts to harass the folks in the spirit hut.

Three of the characters listed were actually considered suspicious by the guild (they all joined together); however I erred on the generous side and considered them alts belonging to a group on here (they're all over 2 years old) all joining together to spy on the latest actions (largely inaction) of the guild as people have done in the past.  I did suspect zerging but, as I say, I do not like to act without solid evidence.

Also since we're sharing:

Cor-Astroth (Alchemist, affiliated with the guild when Etherdrifter is inactive, spent his life making wine in Dr Pikes lab, inactive because ether is active)
Dr Pelonious Schyler (Yorkish merchant of the unusual, originally used as a quest marker for some guild members on item fetch quests, griefed into inactivity years ago by the person playing Sarah Osbourn)

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »

if there is one thing I cannot abide more than zergers it is witch hunts.  They destroy communities as all here should well know.

That's fair. I'm sorry how I played that.

As an aside Muad, please don't ban folks without definitive evidence of wrongdoing (after a confession or simon confirmation, 100% yes ban em); it usually solves nothing and just encourages the creation of grief alts to harass the folks in the spirit hut.

You had definitive evidence. He had admitted it on his profile after I asked him point-blank, which was well before Gorry came to the spirit hut. Still, I'm surprised and pleased it worked out for the best.

As for Muad's independent action...do you really think I, along with several other players, would have spent literal years attacking the Misfits if one of their admin had simply come forward early on and said "It's not us, and we're booting those responsible."? Instead it looked like they were all in on it. Hell, I seriously considering ragequitting immediately after getting attacked at Christmas, because I couldn't bear the idea of going through another of these damned crusades.

EDIT: On a related note, I notice Durham became a mess around the same time Derby stopped being one, but unless someone zergs me personally again, I'm not getting involved. Witch hunt OVER.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:06:49 PM by Dani » Logged

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: