Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 25, 2018, 04:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USAians  (Read 3275 times)
gridflay

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »

So, just a friendly reminder to any of my fellow countrypeople hereabouts- it's Election Day in the USA. Go vote. Seriously, go. Just go. GO DAMMIT
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »

Well, that went well.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:51:52 PM »

I hope he heals the massive rift he caused, and that he doesn't do 90% of the things he said he was going too.

But I don't feel too hopeful about that.

Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53:35 PM »

I promise that I'll put the character Etherdrifter up for the next USA election, likely his "I will kill you all and turn you into zombies" speech will be a big winner if trump's success is anything to go by.

More seriously though, condolences on the tough times ahead.

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:08:23 AM »

I hope he heals the massive rift he caused, and that he doesn't do 90% of the things he said he was going too.

But I don't feel too hopeful about that.

Like most of the planet I've been following this very closely.

The Financial Times, a UK newspaper, yesterday was utterly bleak, describing him as the most dangerous man ever elected president.

The Korean government and military had an emergency session at 3pm local time yesterday to discuss what to do to guard against North Korea if Trump fulfilled his promise to withdraw troops from trouble spots. That means a nuclear Korean peninsula and the possibility of a pre-emptive strike on Pyongyang. I can't see the Japanese at all adopting nuclear weapons but I see them engaging in massive arms spending.

All of that could pale in comparison if eastern Iraq and Western Syria are turned to radioactive glass.

Trump starts his security briefings today with the same level of detail as Obama gets.

And then there's this: https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/videos/1318546694868523/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:49:36 AM by FirstAmongstDaves » Logged

gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »

That FT story was pretty optimistic, I'd say. His proxies are already talking about putting his enemies on lists. Yesterday a sitting US senator (think MP, but more powerful) was talking about torture as a legitimate tool of state.

I've been around for a long while now. This is something new. I do not think my country will come back from it.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 05:12:25 AM »

So it turns out the Hierophant was unwittingly based on a real life person. And it's actually popular to be a racist, sexist buffoon! I know I'm surprised.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »

The Vice President is worse.

HE supports shock therapy for gays, wants to abolish gay marriage and the right of same sex couples to have children.

He is also the one putting people into cabinet positions.

So the new secretary of state also has these beliefs.

The United States have taken a dramatic step backwards, and I think that it won't be around for much longer cause of it.

I'm so happy I'm raising a kid in a world where a racist, sexist, narrasitic liar, who is suspected on raping charges is the most powerful man in the world, and I still have to try to instill good habits in my own child.

Then New Zealand suffers a 7.8 earthquake.

error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:45 PM »

Oh yeah, Pence is terrible. And he'll be calling the shots like Dick Cheney did in the Bush years. If Trump does break from what the republicans expect from him, or he poses a threat to the status quo they can easily impeach him. I don't like Trump, but even with him out of the equation, Pence and pals will do a lot more lasting damage than he ever could.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:57 AM »

I'm very pessimistic about the unravelling of liberal advances in the US under the new government, and it seems to be having a ripple effect as Western governments all over the world now worry about the Attack of the Angry White Men.

In respect of foreign policy, I worry now about a nuclear-armed South Korea, an arms race involving Japan, China and the Koreas, a military build-up in the Baltic states and Kaliningrad, the further dismemberment of Ukraine, and the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria and along the Turkish border by the US, Russia, and Israel.

Then New Zealand suffers a 7.8 earthquake.

Never knew you were a Kiwi. I'm in Perth.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 02:18:08 AM »

I'm not a Kiwi, I have a friend who lived there before moving to Australia.

theycallhimthebandit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 06:20:52 AM »

My hands are clean. As a black man, I voted for the blonde with the big butt. I couldn't help myself. Wait, I guess they're both blondes with big butts. Oh, and I lied, I'm not a black man. But as a proud black woman -- shoot, I'm not that either. Actually I wrote in "Dom Deluise". Let's make Shartak great again!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:29:17 AM by theycallhimthebandit » Logged

"THAT'S NOT YOUR CAR IS IT? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY SOLD THOSE TO MEN."
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »

...In respect of foreign policy, I worry now about a nuclear-armed South Korea, an arms race involving Japan, China and the Koreas, a military build-up in the Baltic states and Kaliningrad, the further dismemberment of Ukraine, and the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria and along the Turkish border by the US, Russia, and Israel...

Sadly, this might be a best-case scenario. This is a stupid, cruel, and vindictive man. I'm more worried about the potential use of atomic weapons. More so than at any time since the height of the Cold War.

But, since this is a USAians thread: Happy Thanksgiving, to all and those you call your own. (It's an odd US holiday; history aside, it's mostly about food and sports anymore, so, not too bad)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 12:56:22 AM »

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. A day whereby American-born people first welcomed lost, starving, and disorientated immigrants, yes?

And fortunately Mr Trump seems easily swayed by common sense. Although perhaps it is too early to tell.

Animefan666

That information you do not need to know.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 06:02:28 PM »

Well, he doesn't seem to understand the responsibility of being President...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: