Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 24, 2017, 11:07:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sore loser  (Read 4384 times)
Noah-san

I like cookies.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 01:03:08 AM »

In all my years of playing, on and off, they only time I had any of my alts even in the same area was doing x-mas time, but they never helped each other out. Now I don't have as many and they are all in separate towns with different goals. I even do the same back on UrbanDead. 3 characters there and they stay at least 2 suburbs away from each other without any information trading.

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 11:04:05 PM »

TBH I never liked the account-disclosure thing in Nexus Clash, and I do not like it any better here, but I suppose extreme measures for extreme times and whatnot. I guess what I like the least of it (other than the RP consequences), is that it ends up being a mob-enforced policy, where everyone is acting like it were a witch-hunt. I much prefer the report-it-to-the-mods approach, and let 'em ban the suckers discreetly. I know that won't work for Shartak at its current state tho...

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 06:23:54 AM »

Haunting is the worst game mechanic here since Sacred Space, and many players foresaw this scale of abuse.

I do get stressed to find myself waking up dead, but as the saying goes, death is a mere inconvenience in games (a digression, but in video games, specifically TES, this is taken to its highest extant form with Vivec's Sermons, especially the half-insane quote "Self-thought streets rush through tunnel blood. I have rebuilt myself. ... They add new doors to me and I become effortlessly trans-immortal").

When Sacred Space came out, I regularly bopped people and promptly entered SS--which was a nanana tactic, but it was partially to demonstrate the lack of balances existing.

Gridflay is right in suggesting restraints on haunting. A time limit may have shortcomings, because I've definitely went through cycles of zeroing the HP of a room of players, then running into water and idling out. It would be unsatisfying for an intermittently logged in victim, to find the window closed for their conceited and misguided lust for vengeance. Maybe the time limit could count down only while the both parties are active, or something more elegant.

Alternately, an eye for an eye would be good enough, with the ability to haunt ending after a revenge kill. This can obviously be circumvented by having a living alt finish off the original killer, rinse and repeat. Hence also, an auxiliary precaution would be to limit the amount of damage dealable to a multiple of the original killer's HP (incl. the flat HP value of cannibals), perhaps 3x, or some other tidy value allowing ample chance for revenge. The ability to haunt would end after whichever method is completed sooner.

This is potentially another can of worms, but another fix would be to allow being haunted to function similarly to being cursed, the ghost taxing their killer's AP usage, for an equivalent amount of AP, as the sum of a typical costs of: 1. revival, 2. chasing someone as a ghost, and 3. bansheeing them to zero HP.

Phoboist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 03:47:40 AM »

Anyone else got that "same person" with the group of alts that were killing the shaman in Rakmogak? I think I'm a little late for this thread, but that was pretty weird, as some of those characters there were very recently made in Rakmogak and were doing only that, killing the shamn. My cannibal went there, killed a bunch of them, and a newly made cannibal appeared there and killed him. And all of them said the same insults, and insults that I've heard before from other characters, all wailing on my cannibal, sometimes till other alt appears and kill him.

Anyway so yeah, hello.

Dunjk, barbarian and occultist from Dalpok.

Sorry for my bad english.
Akbar

It mushed have been something I ate.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 04:27:48 AM »

Only three people really play this game and they both use the same insult.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:08 AM »

Only three people really play this game and they both use the same insult.

Whoops, sorry, used my wrong alt to write this.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 06:12:45 AM »

I wonder who's alt I am?

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2016, 04:00:07 PM »

I wonder who's alt I am?

Your own!

Phoboist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »

That Woo Fong speaks really similar to Johnny Mac Brown.

Dunjk, barbarian and occultist from Dalpok.

Sorry for my bad english.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: