Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A silly suggestion.  (Read 1323 times)
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:48:31 AM »

An interesting thought I had, might not be possible or a simple code but I guess I just think it's an interesting concept to share.

So what if you could have an option in your profile to share information that could only be seen by certain classes. Like something that a scientist, an explorer or a shaman would be able to notice easily. Like you could describe something about your spirit or aura and set it so that shamans could see or sense it so when they look at your profile they see that description. If you're character carries a type of strange disease you could make it so that a scientist would see that but the untrained eye might not be so observant. Scars from wild beasts, maybe a scout or explorer would recognize the what sort of animal leaves those sorts of scarring. Maybe a soldier or warrior might be quick to notice a fellow veteran of war by their scars or even just something about how they carry themselves. Maybe native classes recognize certain tribal markings that outsiders wouldn't understand. Or outsiders recognize customs or cultural indicators that are lost on natives.

Just a strange idea, I don't think anyone will take it seriously and I don't expect it to be implemented. Obviously it's more for flavor than a game mechanic.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »

Don't be afraid to make ad hoc suggestions. I went through a phase like that and never regretted it (knowing that Shartak's mechanics are still like a cracked dam that one is tempted to stick their finger in). Kidding devs, don't pull a cigar clipper on me.

I like Error always, I'm not sure how to feel about his textual child. And while not likely to be implemented, why the hell shouldn't I comment on it? A sherlock breaks all class distinctions in terms of detail, so perhaps the core skill could have additional tiers based on inverted similitude. Warriors tend to understand scouts sooner than they understand shamans. Scientists understand skinny running dudes quicker than they 'get' jocks. The observations made also enhance combat and utility interactions with another character, which I think was already implied.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »

I like this idea.  Potentially flavorful. 

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:16:44 AM »

Kind of an extension on the ability to identify spirits?

"You see from the scars on their face that they are an experienced hunter"?

"You see from the gunpowder on their hands that they carry pistols"?

It makes a lot of sense in terms of clans.

"You see from their tribal scars that they are a member of the Necromancers' Guild."

"You see from their epaulets that they are a member of Team Tathers."

And it makes a heap of sense for non-combatants...

"You see from their serene expression that they are a non-combatant and would prefer not to be harmed."

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: