Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 03:46:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just sort of reflecting  (Read 980 times)
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:50:18 AM »

I've been playing Shartak for a while now, almost a decade actually. I remember that I've miss-named my main account, It's not actually in my name, but a name I intended for a character. Not that it's a big deal.

There's a funny story about the first donation made in the name of my account. It also has almost a tragic twist, although I suppose the tragic part doesn't really connect to Shartak. I remember that my first donation didn't go through because of my name, the name associated with the paypal account wasn't the name associated with my account, due to the fact that my account was miss-named. But it wasn't my name either, it was the name of my brother who donated for my account as a birthday gift. That was about six years ago, and also that was the year he committed suicide not long after my birthday that year actually. Kind of a downer ending to the story. He actually never really was into the game himself. I don't think he ever made an account.

Not sure how to end this on a high note, but in some in some small way maybe I keep playing Shartak to honor him. I don't know, I guess that sounds really cheesy. It's not like that's a thought I have every time I log in or anything, just came to me. I've always enjoyed this game through the years and I'll probably keep playing it as long as I have a working computer, I remember my password and the site's still up.

It's been a long time, I've had time and space to grieve. I'm not posting this as an, "poor me ol me" bull----. Just reminiscing I suppose.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Terrible Ed Rickets

Clean Little Dutch Boy, clean!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:56:44 PM »

sorry error.

Terrible Ed Rickets says “Ahoy homos. Th' gangplank t' th' keel rooms be jus' north o' here.” (2015-11-13 03:33)
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:38:42 PM »

I'll raise a glass to the past, as my tribe does. Always good to have you about, error.
mouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »

It's odd the way things like Shartak can come to have significant meaning in our lives. Thanks for sharing.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:38:34 PM »

One of my friends left a suicide letter that instructed us (he was a very bossy person, who underneath meant well) to find the happiness in life he couldn't. I think most people would want others to be happy.

Good to hear from you Error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: