Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 19, 2018, 06:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy sword notice  (Read 1462 times)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »

If someone is in possession of a custom item like a harpoon, the character ID has a note of that: "They have 1 harpoon and 1 pith helmet" (or however it actually reads).

Heavy swords are such an advantage to the game. I think that someone wanting to pick a fight with someone carrying a heavy sword should get notice of this in the same way.

"They have three heavy swords" serves as a warning that if you are going to attack someone carrying one or more heavy swords, then you need to finish the job and kill them.

Presently, if you have them down to 8HP or whatever and can't complete the attack and are stuck in position having run out of AP, a heavy sword wielder is going to take you apart like a chicken once they wake. A notice would cause the attacker to think twice before commencing the attack.

I suppose it could be a skill ("Weapons knowledge" or something) but I anticipate that might be hard to code. Instead, I assume implementation of this suggestion means only adjusting the weapons type from being a standard item to instead being a custom item.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »

I'd rather this not be implemented.  Isn't half the fun decided whether or not to attack someone without knowing what the have in response?

error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »

Perhaps if it's implemented as a skill, that way you can opt out of having the access to the information. Perhaps even a skill reserved for the scout and explorer classes or whatever.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »

Perhaps if it's implemented as a skill, that way you can opt out of having the access to the information. Perhaps even a skill reserved for the scout and explorer classes or whatever.

Oh, that's not a bad idea. Discernment, or Threat Spotting, or somesuch.
Akbar

It mushed have been something I ate.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 04:39:17 AM »

If that's the case, it shouldn't work on characters with peaceful intentions, lol.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 03:51:31 AM »

Oh, that's not a bad idea. Discernment, or Threat Spotting, or somesuch.

"Eagle Eye"?   Not that it would take much effort in real life to discern a bloody big sword strapped to someone's back, but for the purposes of the game, that would work.

Always nice to have new skills to acquire too, in circumstances where my main character maxed out ages ago. Small new skills like this mean something to work towards as opposed to repeated XP-AP conversion.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: