Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 19, 2018, 12:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdom O' Skulls  (Read 2645 times)
Terrible Ed Rickets

Clean Little Dutch Boy, clean!!!

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »

This tide I be readin' aft into th' history o' th' 'Kingdom o' Skulls' an' 't scratched Terrible Ed starboard 'ere he itched! An' th' map be so groovy. Names on 't like 'Terror Beach', 'Sybil's Grave', 'Horker's Rest' (made that one up), 'Crystal Lake' (Jason?), Bloody-Hade Land', 'Tarak's Salt' (?) --  'Tis enough t' give a seafarin' hearty th' shivers. I be seein' thar be but 3 'Skulls' members port. Can ye shed some light on these ominous epithets? Or has th''r meanings disappeared int' the sands o' history?

Terrible Ed Rickets says “Ahoy homos. Th' gangplank t' th' keel rooms be jus' north o' here.” (2015-11-13 03:33)
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:09:44 AM »

The kingdom of skulls arose about the same time as the Necromancers Guild and, oddly enough, I held the position of royal wizard for the kingdom of skulls for a time so I can shed a little light here.

Old king Fang was quite ambitious, hoping to establish a long reigning dynasty to contend with the Raktam Royal Court and establish Wiksik as a power to rival the then great Royal Court of Greater Raktam (under the rule of Queen Hummingbird) and the Yorkish State (who were fading out).

Alas Fang was also a romantic and the names of most places held no great meaning to do with island history (as far as I am aware), Fang just wanted some names that could catch the imagination of the rather bloodthirsty wiksik folk (the main occupants of wiksik back then being the WickSick Headhunters, a group of shaman that later became SOS (Stamp Out Shamanism) and the budding Necromancers Guild, all groups with a very militant outlook).

The main location of historical note was the Throne Room, a structure in wiksik that was subsequently destroyed by divine intervention when Kuru (claiming blood relation to Fang) and Anthor (the then holder of the throne) came to blows.  The resulting crater still exists in wiksik for all to see.

The end of the kindgom of skulls came shortly after the throne room was annihilated, the supporters of Kuru fading away into the jungle with him and Anthor, left with half his court, was unable to maintain the realm and disbanded the Kingdom of Skulls, instead founding "The Kingdom of Wiksik", a kingdom based on different ideologies than the rather bloody minded Kingdom of Skulls.

A final irony is that the kingdom of skulls was born of the persecution of necromancers in wiksik (http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/Wiksik_PKers/War_Against_The_Necromancers) and it was to the same necromancers Kuru and his supporters turned to for support to their claim, support that was absent at the crucial moment (http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/NG#Guild_History_-_Events_that_affected_the_guild (see march/april 2010)).

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

Terrible Ed Rickets

Clean Little Dutch Boy, clean!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »

Thank ye Etherdrifter, ye're a gentleman o' fortune y' are! An' thanks fer th' links. Interestin' an' creepy stuff. Lot's o' brutal wars back in th' day. Damn, that were back in Shartak's Bronze Age! Terrible Ed loves 't! Tis good t' get this history recorded. Good ol' Jezus H.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:17:22 AM by Terrible Ed Rickets » Logged

Terrible Ed Rickets says “Ahoy homos. Th' gangplank t' th' keel rooms be jus' north o' here.” (2015-11-13 03:33)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »

Alas Fang was also a romantic and the names of most places held no great meaning to do with island history (as far as I am aware), Fang just wanted some names that could catch the imagination of the rather bloodthirsty wiksik folk

I thought you were talking about Dave for a moment, but (with all due respect, or undue respect if this means future conspiring against people who call them out for bs like this) I kind of forgot Black Fang/Skull Face is something of an irksome place-name pedant too.

I'd like to add that most of the Wiksiki were and still are a peaceful folk. Yanomami they are not. Though the higher echelons and their proudest warriors definitely enjoyed a round of head hunting.

Just popping in for a short 'not entirely unplugged' moment.
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »

I'd like to add that most of the Wiksiki were and still are a peaceful folk. Yanomami they are not. Though the higher echelons and their proudest warriors definitely enjoyed a round of head hunting.

Really?  I found them quite bloodthirsty in my early days, especially against spirit players

But prejudice aside I saw more headhunters and murderers around wiksik than I did peaceful folk.  Hells, I recruited quite a few of them as death knights!

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »

There's a signpost structure on Skull Island that commemorates the Skull Throne and its descendants, though it's likely buried in jungle.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Pike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »

Wiksiki were ravenous for outsider blood when they first arrived. Now the village is like some giant forest garden and everyone is cool. I've never had a problem camping at the trader hut for days. Maybe they are all out annihilating dudes somewhere else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: