Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 20, 2018, 01:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current events in Hispaniola  (Read 1031 times)
Euphenics

καλλίστῃ

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:05:25 PM »

Listening to the news recently, I remembered this game. What do you all think of the Dominican expulsion?

error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »

"Dear God. Can you eliminate all borders? I just want to live in a world without borders."

"You've got a sick sense of humor, God."

And I guess I sort of do too.
SoI'll be serious for a little bit. This is really terrible for these people who are trying to live better lives for themselves and their families. It's nearly impossible to put myself in their shoes. The anxiety and panic that some of these people must be going through, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »

Just saw this thread. It's terrible, obviously. The situation in Haiti is... well, largely my country's fault, in many ways.
I certainly don't see us (by "us" I mean the U.S.A., of which I am a citizen) fixing anything soon. This will make your blood boil, for instance:
http://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

The D.R. has a refugee issue because of the conditions in Haiti. They have chosen a terrible option, which the world seems to turn a blind eye to.

I am at a loss, frankly. The more I look at the situation, the more I despair.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: