Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 20, 2018, 08:58:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natural resources around The Shipwreck  (Read 2283 times)
Terrible Ed Rickets

Clean Little Dutch Boy, clean!!!

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:42:45 PM »

Th' Shipwreck be a dismal place compared t' th' laced hankys & teacup finery that be th' rest o' non-Native Shartak -- whar the bulk of ye ilk shashay yer fat behinds around in fancy britches gigglin' like lasses, and makin' eye-sex at each other. Aye once found some huts west o' Th' Shipwreck, but be t' busy with stabbin' an' pillagin' & such t' inspect them. Be they's bountiful with necessaries? An' be thar any fresh water 'ere Aye can fill me gourds nearby?  An' fungi -- be thar any t' be had in this G-dforsaken plot o' PKer infested steamin' hell we's call homeport? I can only prays ye will forgives me be Aye overly harsh in me descriptives. I be ye humble servent, Terrible Ed Rickets.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:57:10 PM by Terrible Ed Rickets » Logged

Terrible Ed Rickets says “Ahoy homos. Th' gangplank t' th' keel rooms be jus' north o' here.” (2015-11-13 03:33)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »

The huts out west, sometimes called The Pirate's Rest, sometimes called Chastity, were once for a brief time the subject of York dominion. Power projection being what it is, they stopped being the focus of combat and fell back into obscurity.

The huts have no resources. Its a good place to hide in wildfire but that's it.

North-west of Chastity is my pirate's ship. This is a customised "hut" called the Disco Volante which I designed and paid for (and in fact need to top up Simon for it, sorry Simon!). It sits in shallow water in the narrow stretch of sea called Failur's Dockyard (named after notable pirate Tom Failur). The Disco Volante was named after the villain's yacht in the James Bond film Thunderball. It is a custom resource, featuring harpoons, cat-o-nine tails, and pirate tricorns. It was the site of the "Kill Dave 2013" contest. I have asked Simon if I can add some more decks with extra resources but this is a little tricky apparently. Once I get a breather from work I'll explore with Simon how I can enhance the ship some more.

There was a small movement when I first established the ship to add more ships into the Dockyard, so there would be a "battleship row" of customised resources - an interesting place to get to, as well. Regrettably no one else wanted to pony up. Shame as it is not too pricey.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Terrible Ed Rickets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 07:36:04 PM »

There was a small movement when I first established the ship to add more ships into the Dockyard, so there would be a "battleship row" of customised resources - an interesting place to get to, as well. Regrettably no one else wanted to pony up. Shame as it is not too pricey.

Now that be soundin' like an idea Terrible Ed might want to look into! Have ye an idea how many player created areas be they? I know of the Volante', the bar in Derby, Scavvy's place, and I think, Santas' Grotto. Be thar others?  Huh?

Terrible Ed Rickets says “Ahoy homos. Th' gangplank t' th' keel rooms be jus' north o' here.” (2015-11-13 03:33)
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »

http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/Huts

This be all the huts.  I don't think I created one for the ships yet (and doing a crude search confirms this).  I need to update the huts as well, the Misfits is completely different.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:11 AM »

Now that be soundin' like an idea Terrible Ed might want to look into! Have ye an idea how many player created areas be they? I know of the Volante', the bar in Derby, Scavvy's place, and I think, Santas' Grotto. Be thar others?  Huh?

The other ship i paid for is the Sulaco, which sits on the southern tip of Midway Island. I've asked to move it as it is only very rarely visited. It'll probably be rebadged as a French frigate and "operated" by Comte de St Germain. Simon suggested it be placed off Unity but having it anchored either in very deep water off York (easier for La Comte to get to) or at Battleship Row so there is a cluster of ships there seems like a better idea.

In Wiksik there is the Spirit Hut which is once again reasonably well populated. I think that's it. There were others (Dalpok's Citadel, Raktam's Throne Room, Derby's Tower, the Machitti pub in Durham) but they've all sort of fallen away as years have passed.

Terrible Ed Rickets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:03:23 AM »

The other ship i paid for is the Sulaco, which sits on the southern tip of Midway Island. I've asked to move it as it is only very rarely visited. It'll probably be rebadged as a French frigate and "operated" by Comte de St Germain. Simon suggested it be placed off Unity but having it anchored either in very deep water off York (easier for La Comte to get to) or at Battleship Row so there is a cluster of ships there seems like a better idea.

In Wiksik there is the Spirit Hut which is once again reasonably well populated. I think that's it. There were others (Dalpok's Citadel, Raktam's Throne Room, Derby's Tower, the Machitti pub in Durham) but they've all sort of fallen away as years have passed.

By "fallen away" do you mean they are unvisited or gone? Do you pay a monthly rent -- which if it is not continued your ship, citadel or trailer court disappears, or is it a one time payment?

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »

It's a quarterly rent.

The Machitty tavern ceased existence when the people playing those peculiar Derbian gangsters left the game.

The citadel was around when Blue Hummingbird was briefly a Dalpoki (so as not to rival the person - Monaliza - who took over as new ruler of Raktam). When BH became a Raktami again, the citadel went "blip!".

Same for the tower, which was the parliament of the Federation d'Est. When Baron Surcouf left the game the fun went out of that exercise and the Misfits popped up, so I let that one go too.

The Raktam throne room disappeared when MonaLiza eventually left the game - that was her construction and it disappeared with her.

Twist/Iceman has clearly done something to ensure that the custom hut in the middle of York which is the Bovington Football Club HQ sticks around infinitely. Oh and the French flag flies over Port Breton, the ruins outside of Derby, but that was a Bastille Day thing from 5 years ago which was never drawn to a conclusion.

I really need to give some more money to Simon to upkeep the Volante but I shut down the bank account linked to Paypal so I need to get off my arse and sort that out first. As I said I've talked to Simon about adding extra decks - particularly a gun deck and a treasure hold, with more custom items (which aren't weapons - the existing ships flooded traders with harpoons, axes, pikes and cat o nine tails). It'd be nice to have the functionality to steer it about but I'm assuming that would be very very difficult.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: