Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 20, 2018, 08:37:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D'Urham.  (Read 20724 times)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »

Sure, his name was Roundupthewhistleblower Andmakehimdisappear.

Junior.
Tuttle Freely

Roaming Freely

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2014, 07:20:59 AM »

Few random thoughts.

Much of the time the soul of PVP is fed on new player drubbings and everyone tends to cut their teeth on loss at the beginning. This seems quite normal for any game's culture. If you love PVP then you'll likely accept anything save for when the designers defang the system. But even then you'll accept that too since the real ethos of PVP is about fully embracing loss. No player can guarantee anything because everything can be reversed. It's actually a beautiful thing.

The Monkey Alliance players seem to be doing very well given they don't have AP cutting heavy swords and don't seem to be getting regular scouting from one of the old Shartak hands. What can any player really do alone when stuck with a 3 dmg/45% to hit weapon without conservative play? Use the rifle/pistol? The rifle isn't much of a consistent AP reducer. It's just a spot tool best for defenders.

So, I don't think anyone really won or loss. Except for the Burt Reynolds character who seems to have winning ways.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »

Sure, his name was Roundupthewhistleblower Andmakehimdisappear.

Junior.

Lol!

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

Looks like I need to find Senior.

Heh, Admiral of Cocaine FAD?

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2014, 01:34:57 AM »

Yeah, someone pointed out in-game that "Switchblade Heart" is a little emo. Which made me laugh because it is true. So, inspired by Gretchen Strychnine-Burroughs (an awesome name), I changed it to something which is nautical, informative, and would invoke a custodial sentence if you're caught in possession of it.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2014, 06:15:26 AM »

Peru drugs hidden in giant squid

SO IT WAS YOU
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »

I mis-read "Peru" as "penis" there for a moment, and wasn't sure what it was you were accusing me of.

Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2014, 07:08:42 PM »

* Solemn  fiddles with his monocle and leans in to see what all has gone on.

"New faces of smarmy wenches with familiar stenches, in all the same places with all the old aces, spitting out curses from bottomless purses, while still fester the grudges from which nobody budges."

* Solemn  sinks back into his seat and grumbles, unfocused eyes staring straight ahead. With a practiced motion of his wrist pouring him no less than three fingers' worth of scotch over the matter.

"Cheers, folks.  The world didn't end, but the table's still on all fours.  Give it time and lets see if'n that's how it stays.  The main ills have yet t'be clipped, but it seems some measure of fun still lingers 'round.  Though for how long that lasts is entirely up to the big monoliths with many masks who insist to cram to the umpteenth knuckle their dirty digits into damn near everything."

* Solemn  takes a long, hard pull from his glass and shoos the rest of the world away.  But he does take a moment as everything else recedes to part his lips from the glass and smile.

"But hullo all th'same, and g'day to that ol' tired drivel.  Ta for now, mates.  See ya' when I see ya'."

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Who's the pudgiest ginger of them all?
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:51 AM »

It's a solemn thing to quietly haunt, then in a pop of smoke lay thin-veiled taunts: back-seat drivers fail to see that to refuse to drive lacks credibility.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2014, 05:58:31 AM »

I want to say that all who go astray should be allowed to walk once more. Even drive.

Shartak will always be here for you Solemn, I'm going to insist on being nice to you, or at least tolerant. Remember to clean your face and comb before you get your photo taken at the DMV.
neilencio

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »

yay! we lost!
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2014, 02:00:34 AM »

Welcome, I guess.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

neilencio

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2014, 07:03:45 AM »

Hi!! I had to join after the whole war thing went belly up on our side. Just to see what happened (I joined a couple of weeks back, I think, but was only approved now.)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »

Hellllooooo Neil.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: