Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 20, 2018, 08:40:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D'Urham.  (Read 20726 times)
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 03:02:27 AM »

To be honest, I prefer the full French over the silly french accent that guy from years ago spoke in. (I would try to say this in French but my last French class was a year ago and I was never too confident of my French, so I don't want to mangle it)

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »

But mangling any language is so much fun!
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »

huehuehue

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »

All I've got is
http://totheinternetandbeyond.tumblr.com/post/66561348569/quacktrickstump-accidently-typing-jesuis-christ

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »

But mangling any language is so much fun!

Ooc: the French are the traditional enemy of the English -Dieu et mon Droit, and all of that. I am not monolingual but French isn't a language I speak. I do like it though. Otherwise, I'm not an American.

Durham is turning into a fun place, filled with intrigue. The French could always use allies, and the D'Urham Pistoliers need numbers.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »

Très bon! Now that class is dismissed, I'm off to attend another of Shartak U's courses: How To Not Be An Obnoxious Frikkin' Jackass 101.

Somehow it's being taught by me. The sign is mysteriously tacked onto an outhouse.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »

The French are facing unexpected resistance from a terror cult consisting of members "Fear Itself" and "Anxiety". When do "Irritated" and "Awkwardly Uncomfortable" show up? I suppose it was too much to ask for a terror cult to call itself "Happy Rainbows".

Yaribelle the Explorer is also proving to be an unexpectedly unhappy French citizen. Other notable D'Urham personalities, Lady of Spain and Dani al Ghazali, have thus far yet to make their move, although Lady of Spain declined an offer to join the D'Urham Pistoliers (perhaps because she is Spanish not French).

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 03:30:22 PM »

Neil Tathers is looking to visit.  Which faction should he support?

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 03:02:55 AM »

If he has a love of escargot croissant sandwiches, then the choice should be obvious.

Lady of Spain and Yaribelle the Explorer have decided to bury a long-running and very personal grudge and join forces to expel the French. In addition, Ten of Swords has also joined the Anglophone resistance. Jidram is the local shaman, and he is far to the east, meaning the slog back is difficult.

Fortunately, the French are expecting (that is, sent out a slightly panicked call for) reinforcements.

"Lafayette, nous ici!” (http://blog.missourinet.com/2010/07/04/lafayette-we-are-here/ )

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 03:38:36 AM »

The French are facing unexpected resistance from a terror cult consisting of members "Fear Itself" and "Anxiety". When do "Irritated" and "Awkwardly Uncomfortable" show up? I suppose it was too much to ask for a terror cult to call itself "Happy Rainbows".

Yaribelle the Explorer is also proving to be an unexpectedly unhappy French citizen. Other notable D'Urham personalities, Lady of Spain and Dani al Ghazali, have thus far yet to make their move, although Lady of Spain declined an offer to join the D'Urham Pistoliers (perhaps because she is Spanish not French).

Dani al-Ghazali isn't taking sides. He's here to resupply on driftwood and get out. Politics no longer interest him, especially between angrizi and farangri.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »

If he has a love of escargot croissant sandwiches, then the choice should be obvious.

Lady of Spain and Yaribelle the Explorer have decided to bury a long-running and very personal grudge and join forces to expel the French. In addition, Ten of Swords has also joined the Anglophone resistance. Jidram is the local shaman, and he is far to the east, meaning the slog back is difficult.

Fortunately, the French are expecting (that is, sent out a slightly panicked call for) reinforcements.

"Lafayette, nous ici!” (http://blog.missourinet.com/2010/07/04/lafayette-we-are-here/ )

Well Neil recently found a crate of booze, and is getting drunk with another native from Dalpok.  He's going to collect as much absinthe as he can and bring it to Durham, and give it out to all sides.  Then they all can get drunk and get along.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 01:53:37 AM »

Absinthe numbs the senses but liberates the mind.

Or is that the other way around?

Anyway, additional French soldiers have arrived to maintain French honour.

OOC: Thanks to the veteran players who have decided to get involved in the roleplay, and created new French characters who have joined the D'Urham Pistoliers.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 02:59:35 AM »

From the med hut

Jacques La Gomme says “bonjour les citoyens! next i shall emote to you” (2014-01-07 14:57)
Jacques La Gomme guffaws (2014-01-07 14:58)
Jacques La Gomme says “Mais oui, i am now zee probie! But ofcourse!”

Grayson Hunt

Seafarin' Hearty - Edward McGill

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 03:14:22 AM »

Sounds like somethin' big be goin' on in Durham. Maybe a certain seafarin' hearty ortin' ta join one side or th' otha.

-Edward McGill

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 04:28:04 AM »

Grayson Hunt just gets uglier and uglier as the years go by. As all wretched kafirs do, I suppose.

- DaG

OOC: Welcome back

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: