Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:11:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalal Beast Warrior  (Read 11690 times)
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »

Scientists could have an experiment ability, where they can do experiments with objects and animals or whatever and then they can have a "collect data" score board or something. I'm not sure how it would help them actually be useful but it would give them something to do.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 06:43:53 AM »

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,1328.15.html

I was serious about the butterfly collecting 5 years ago.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »

Well yeah but scientists are a borderline useless class, especially in contrast to shamans. They should have had some sort of revamping a while ago.

I'll fill in for muad dib here and point out that scouts are more useless. You'd think being a scout would make road-building a lot easier, and that's apparently AlexRM's thinking too. But I can take DaG into the jungle with no FAKS and survive shark and tiger attacks with no problem. Likewise I can let him sit idle to be attacked by various animals and I can always just heal him back up to 35HP. Outside of cannibals, scientists are the most rugged class for doing any kind of exploring.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 11:02:19 PM »

Well yeah but scientists are a borderline useless class, especially in contrast to shamans. They should have had some sort of revamping a while ago.

I'll fill in for muad dib here and point out that scouts are more useless. You'd think being a scout would make road-building a lot easier, and that's apparently AlexRM's thinking too. But I can take DaG into the jungle with no FAKS and survive shark and tiger attacks with no problem. Likewise I can let him sit idle to be attacked by various animals and I can always just heal him back up to 35HP. Outside of cannibals, scientists are the most rugged class for doing any kind of exploring.
This. All of this.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 03:07:33 AM »

Hmm. I only ever had one scientist (Batman) and I got bored with him so I gave him up. Perhaps prematurely.

Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »

I think it would be fun to be able to 'collect' something either it be fish, shells or butterflies. Doesn't matter to me. I just like collecting things.

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »

...wow, is AlexanderRM the last active character with that sort of thing? He's the only character in the top 100 with all traders and shamen killed. When I got that I was like the 4th or 5th person to accomplish it. And someone else... Eyes-of-a-Hawk, I think, did a somewhat better job with upgraded animals and the like, although that was partly by deliberately feeding them himself/others to then kill them (as part of a scientific experiment on upgrading animals).
Man, this accomplishment would have felt a lot nicer if I'd managed it now rather than gaining this status solely by outlasting everyone else who'd accomplished it. Especially since AlexanderRM hasn't actually stood up since last Halloween, just sat there logging in which my other characters did stuff. Still feels nice though, I guess. I should consider getting back to work on that (wish I'd remembered this Halloween so I could've maybe gotten one or two more zombified creatures, then gone back to hunting to get XP and the occasional upgraded without wasting all my year's worth of piled-up AP. :/).

If I remember- and I'm much too lazy to go check- you were the 2nd, or 3rd at the latest. And weren't you the first to clear the ghost ship crew? In any event, many of the folks at the very top of the lists got there at least in part by being around forever. Some of this stuff just takes a huge amount of time. I haven't gotten to 1000 PKs yet... and when I do, I'll only be the 4th character, and the 2nd player, to do it. Some things just can't be done in a year or two.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »

Neil has taken Jalal's, a fellow member of the best Team on the Island, Quest to heart, and has slayed 10 angry beasts.  Two shargles, one bear, and seven vicious songbirds.

AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2013, 02:57:20 AM »

I believe Trailblazing reduces the AP cost of chopping jungle as well as cutting it- which would massively reduce the cost for a severely overgrown road or for something like firefighting.
For healing, I generally take my characters into the jungle *with* FAKs, and do just fine- both of them are currently carrying about 30 bottles/gourds of water which I've never gotten rid of from months or years ago when I was doing firefighting, because with those plus about 10 machetes (which they never break, only blunt, so I really don't need that many), 10 GPSes, and various random things I've picked up or had given to me, they still have room for 30-40 FAKs/healing herbs. I occasionally go to my home shaman figuring that the roads near there might be in need to repair and while there will search in the healing hut. I'm pretty sure it's more AP-efficient than scientist healing- or I can just die, respawn and go back to where I was (I remember reading on the wiki years ago someone claiming that it's easier to heal yourself by dying in Shartak than with healing items, when you count the search time).

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »

Tempast Fennac has killed exactly 1000 monkeys - should a platinum badge be prepared?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »

Yep!

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

Trader Tamdal sells bullets but not poison darts?

How can a warrior slay the mighty songbird with just a harpoon?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2014, 04:12:10 AM »

Machete/knife. Machete/knife. Machete/knife.

Seems a waste of poison darts to me.

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 09:40:30 AM »

Perhaps your right I shall consider this by working out what provides most kills with 50 AP..but then do I need to consider sourcing the darts also?

A songbird sings a melancholy tune. (2014-01-21 09:35)
You attack the songbird with a machete for 3 damage. You gain 3 XP. It dies. You gain 5 XP.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Birdy!

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »

Trader Tamdal sells bullets but not poison darts?

How can a warrior slay the mighty songbird with just a harpoon?

Skillfully

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: