Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalal Beast Warrior  (Read 11691 times)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »

Was that anywhere near Wiksik? I just unexpectedly toppled an elephant over, after clicking a fewish times on Opera.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:56:16 PM by Killian » Logged
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 03:14:36 AM »

Sometimes you get the elephant, sometimes the elephant gets you.

Or you meet Graagh and he kills you, the elephant, and every living thing on the same square as you in a fungi-fueled rage  cool

Hunt humans instead.  It's more satisfying and, for the most part, they deserve it.  Especially the outsiders.

Also, humans are sleepy and don't fight back.

The most dangerous game are, of course, the shamans, who do fight back and have high HP. Never managed to kill one with a machete.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

Also, humans are sleepy and don't fight back.

The most dangerous game are, of course, the shamans, who do fight back and have high HP. Never managed to kill one with a machete.

All of Neil's Shaman and Trader kills have been solely with the machete.

The heavy sword is a leash, a cowards weapon to say the least.

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »

It appears some fellow warriors have idled allowing me to reach 40th place

30   gridflay 1384
31   Gol D. Roger 1358
32   Ibn al Xuffasch 1352
33   Punan Bah 1342
34   Carreau 1322
35   nine 1186
36   Broomhead 1055
37   Ryan Coyle 1052
38   valis77 976
39   Bahl 908
40   Jalal ud-Din Menguberdi   897

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »

A true warrior attacks the nearest beast to them.
My suggestion: if you want to RP as a true warrior, do this, just go after whatever animals you see regardless of AP costs, and go to approximately wherever you deserve to be on the chart (granted wildly affected by how long you've been playing).

A point system does sound rather logical, though, as does the suggestion of a system to credit people for how much effort they'd put into a group kill, although that'd be more difficult if some people had been focusing on healing- to take that into account there'd need to be some method to marked people as actively "fighting the squid" with regards to who heals them.
It'd probably be easier to just track damage dealt to the squid- and maybe just grant that to whoever deals the most damage to it? If squid and pythons have a way of regaining health (I don't remember >_>) that could be problematic, don't want someone finding a full-health giant squid or python, going to a huge amount of trouble killing it, and then finding out that the kill went to someone else who tried and failed to kill it a week ago (although that person would've had to do a lot of damage to it- I guess over a long period of time such that it healed in between).

For a points system... actually XP does something along the lines of tracking total HP damage dealt, along with a bunch of other things. Does the game currently track how much XP someone has ever converted? If so it would be cool to have that and have a stat of total Skill cost + current XP + XP converted to show how much XP someone has earned total.
Of course not all creature HP is equal either, most notably in the case of the Traders and Shamen who dodge, or in how much different types of creatures fight back. Total HP damage dealt would be a simple system though. Although if someone really wanted to they could farm it by attacking and healing their friends (or attacking each other and respawning at the shaman).

My Victor has a large number of kills, but is obviously not as accomplished as, say, AlexanderRM (whose one-of-everything approach is astounding), or mouse's extraordinary spider hunter (how many FAKs did that take!?).
...wow, is AlexanderRM the last active character with that sort of thing? He's the only character in the top 100 with all traders and shamen killed. When I got that I was like the 4th or 5th person to accomplish it. And someone else... Eyes-of-a-Hawk, I think, did a somewhat better job with upgraded animals and the like, although that was partly by deliberately feeding them himself/others to then kill them (as part of a scientific experiment on upgrading animals).
Man, this accomplishment would have felt a lot nicer if I'd managed it now rather than gaining this status solely by outlasting everyone else who'd accomplished it. Especially since AlexanderRM hasn't actually stood up since last Halloween, just sat there logging in which my other characters did stuff. Still feels nice though, I guess. I should consider getting back to work on that (wish I'd remembered this Halloween so I could've maybe gotten one or two more zombified creatures, then gone back to hunting to get XP and the occasional upgraded without wasting all my year's worth of piled-up AP. :/).

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »

A true warrior attacks the nearest beast to them.
My suggestion: if you want to RP as a true warrior, do this, just go after whatever animals you see regardless of AP costs, and go to approximately wherever you deserve to be on the chart (granted wildly affected by how long you've been playing).
My suggestion: Just attack the nearest :palm:ing animal.

<3
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »

I was fighting a Turtle today as I looked to escape the Forest Fire to the North of Raktam.

The Turtle had hurt me...if it was a Tiger I would be bleeding, I very rarely carry first aid kits but if I can create fire should I not be able to cauterise my wounds?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »

if I can create fire should I not be able to cauterise my wounds?
Oh, boy.

Though you can cauterize your wounds in Cata. It's pretty neat.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »

An interesting suggestion, for the suggestions forum.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »

Only scientists can heal bleeding wounds.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

That's funny because it was a cardiologist who broke my heart

I think cauterizing came up a couple of times before, I don't see why it shouldnt be implemented.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

Cause it nullifies the scientist skill that does the same thing?

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »

Well yeah but scientists are a borderline useless class, especially in contrast to shamans. They should have had some sort of revamping a while ago.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:29:51 PM by Killian » Logged
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 03:08:05 AM »

Butterfly catching. I swear, it'll be the next big thing.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 04:02:44 AM »

Haha, yeah! Those butterflies have been ruining people's fun ever since they weren't included in the game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: