Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 22, 2018, 08:02:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalal Beast Warrior  (Read 11662 times)
Jalal

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »

You attack the large stag and miss.
A large stag bites you for 2 damage. Pausing a moment to reflect on this, tackling the large stag with your bare hands might be considered crazy!

Your dam diddely right Jalal is

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »

Jalals aim over the last few months has been to continue his rising through the kill ranks, Jalal was ranked as high as 50th recently but a spate of unidleness of characters has dropped Jalal to 55th place

50   Groundskeeper           831
51   Helena Handbasket   824    
52   Miriam                   811    
53   Lotte Brittle            806    
54   Mr Scavvy                   802
55   Jalal ud-Din Menguberdi   785    

The current goal is to hit the top 50 and get 1000 kills, 1000 kills would currently place Jalal in 44th position.

Jalal has other goals such as 2000 kills and Top 25 etc but Jalal will focus on those in the future.

Btw this thread will chronicle Jalal's progress - it may be a tad boring but I decided its the best way to chronicle the time span for reaching his goals

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 01:30:08 AM »

I look forward to reading of your hunting adventures.

A barehanded hunting contest would be a good exhibition of manliness, thinking about it.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »

The problem is enforcing people only attack with their fists, instead of taking a majority of the enemy down with sword strikes, then punching the last two hit points.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »

I seem to remember trying something like that during the mukhtar days. In fact I think Jalal (as Lawman) was in on it too. It works as well as any duel, that is, it only works if you trust your opponent not to cheat.

I remember the major problem was that it was terribly boring. Unless you've got tons of AP saved up, you have as much chance killing someone with just fists as you do killing a camp shaman with just machetes.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »

But it is manly.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 02:11:51 PM »

This is pure number crunching but by tomorrow I will be in 52nd position..with around 810 kills if I am lucky later today and run into some parrots/bats maybe I could work to 50th.

I anticipate on days that I am well provisioned killing 8 animals therefore by the end of the year I could theorically have around 1200 kills which might place me top 40, I tend to kill whatever crosses my path aside from Elephants which I view as a waste of resources yet I do question how fair is it that in the Kill List I overtake such aluminieries as http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=22000.

This chap has over 800 shargle kills yet if I kill 900 bats do I deserve to be above him? This goes back to my Elephant point..I avoid them as I could kill likely 10 bats with the same AP yet would a true warrior avoid the Elephant? Perhaps it would be fairer to recognise the amount of kills but also provide a point value for each creature.

I would love to for example kill a Squid or Python but I do not wish to waste my time hunting one when it may take me weeks...if a point system was introduced it may provide a more fairer reflection on the Kill List although I admit it would push me down the list and provide more work for me...and make those Squid kills even more attractive for the warriors who have stood toe to toe with the best beasts of Shartak.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

This is pure number crunching but by tomorrow I will be in 52nd position..with around 810 kills if I am lucky later today and run into some parrots/bats maybe I could work to 50th.

I anticipate on days that I am well provisioned killing 8 animals therefore by the end of the year I could theorically have around 1200 kills which might place me top 40, I tend to kill whatever crosses my path aside from Elephants which I view as a waste of resources yet I do question how fair is it that in the Kill List I overtake such aluminieries as http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=22000.

This chap has over 800 shargle kills yet if I kill 900 bats do I deserve to be above him? This goes back to my Elephant point..I avoid them as I could kill likely 10 bats with the same AP yet would a true warrior avoid the Elephant? Perhaps it would be fairer to recognise the amount of kills but also provide a point value for each creature.

I would love to for example kill a Squid or Python but I do not wish to waste my time hunting one when it may take me weeks...if a point system was introduced it may provide a more fairer reflection on the Kill List although I admit it would push me down the list and provide more work for me...and make those Squid kills even more attractive for the warriors who have stood toe to toe with the best beasts of Shartak.

A true warrior attacks the nearest beast to them.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »

Hi Jalal.

I would love to for example kill a Squid or Python but I do not wish to waste my time hunting one when it may take me weeks...

I've seen you on the forum before, so I know you're not a dbag, but had I not known that, the blunt phrasing of this would lead me to think so. Keep on choosing your words like this, it's funny. Anyweeee, one of the most fantastic things about games is the quality of leadership that goes into building a team. I would know, I've been on both sides of that river. If another Leviathan is spotted, I'm willing to assist if you if need be, I've already gotten enough large game kills and don't have much else to do, and also I have no imagination.

if a point system was introduced it may provide a more fairer reflection on the Kill List although I admit it would push me down the list and provide more work for me...and make those Squid kills even more attractive for the warriors who have stood toe to toe with the best beasts of Shartak.

Absolutely. There are various power gradients and scaling that could be used to implement an idea like this,
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:23:18 PM by Killian » Logged
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:48:19 AM »

To be fair, I know what he means. Gorry spent 2 heavy swords and a lot of fungi juice to attack the latest squid, only to have it snatched away by Witch Hazel's latest troll alt. It takes a lot of work to take one down, but the only one who gets credit is the one who gets the killing blow. That's not so bad if the character who makes the kill has a shred of honor (ie. gridflay), but that isn't always the case...there have also been times, for example, when I've posted the coords of a leviathan only to be killed by someone who'd rather kill me than the beastie. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about this game's ability to inspire teamwork.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 02:58:32 AM »

Ah, in my post that I crappily edited, I wrote that additional statistics like goal participation and support could be implemented. The current statistics are geared toward a competitive atmosphere, but don't bring vindication to our beloved Hufflepuff/support friends on the island. Sometimes I don't know who to thank and that makes me feel guilty.

Something like a random butt languidly coming in for the last hit can't mechanically be prevented, but it should pretty much mark them for deaths equivalent to the amount of effort, heals, damage pooled in. I best remember this happening to ARM years ago when the Kraken hunters were led by Skull Face. I mean, if you still have the name of that alt, any of my completely In-Character characters' motives don't mind, because I'm an ethical gamer and all.
Sundadaran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »

It's at 125 HP down from 321. I'm out of AP and FAKs so I'll be done soon. Someone want to finish it off?

Does nothing satisfy you? You said for anyone to come and kill it and I did. It was my first squid and I am now the proud owner of a squid badge.

I will be looking forward to more of what you post here Jalal.

“To live is to war with trolls.” ― Henrik Ibsen
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 06:40:58 AM »

I will be looking forward to more of what you post here Dani.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Sundadaran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:42 AM »

I will be looking forward to more of what you post here Dani.

It's stuff like this and the crap Dani spouts at players is the reason I don't post often. I thought I could try and add my thoughts and ideas after a year here but it seems I was mistaken.

I am off to get my python badge next.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:22:54 AM by Sundadaran » Logged

“To live is to war with trolls.” ― Henrik Ibsen
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »

Sort of derailed.

"They lack personal responsibility and blame others for their shortcomings, labeling themselves the “victim.” Many sociopaths are also pathalogical liars and can have a tendancy to commit acts of violence. " - The Internet
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: