Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 22, 2018, 03:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken Hunters - The Spectacular Seamonster Slaughter Season  (Read 17124 times)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »

It was an unannounced addition along with the non slave related cat o nine tails i think, during the 1st quarter of 2013. Probably some INFLUENTIAL player who likes PIRATES donated to the game. Hmmm, I wonder. I'm led to believe they're unbreakable.

Edit: Yeah, and what Muad said about tricorns. What better way to show people are better than others than by wearing a hat?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:16:20 PM by Killian » Logged
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »

Ah so the whips aren't from the ships. I just got one from the trader's and thought about punishing my gardener who just let one of our shrubs die, but he gave me the tricorn hat so I'm having second thoughts.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »

The whips are also part of the ship, and have the same damage as a knife.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 01:39:41 AM »

My bad, should have been clearer. Anyway, I'm going to get a harpoon, name it torpedo, and pretend I'm a submarine. PING.... PING..... WEEOO WEEOO
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »

Daves suggested some custom "huts" which are really shipwrecks, and they have these harpoons and cat-o-nine-tails, and apparently tricorne hats. Maybe not, though, I don't know where that one came from.

here more info and stuff

ah ok. So did FAD get his custom ship after all, or just these new items? A new ship would be AWESOME...but I see in that thread he vetoed having a slave ship so maybe not. It's just not cool without slavery.

oh, can we actually use these weapons like the trident / hunting rifle or are they just decorations like other custom items?

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »

We can. Harpoon is like machete and whip is like knife. I dunno if they also do the other functions like cutting jungle or seeding fruits. It would be weird if they could.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »

The ship is called the Warship, and it's located on the Northwest pennisula, west of the pirate ship.

Right now Neil and Daves are talking to each other about mightly exploits while Neil scavenges some harpoons for his lads.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 03:52:29 AM »

OOC: The Disco Volante (the warship) was the centre of the Kill Dave 2013 competition. Its moored in the inlet in the NW, as Neil says. and yes it is the source of harpoons, cat-o-nine tails (used to discipline pirates, not slaves), and tricorn hats which as Killian says do indeed render the wearer better than everyone else. Its a hipster thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm very pleased with the custom ship. Jaqs in particular did a great job on it. I gave her the graphic and she played with it to make it Shartakable.

I had asked Simon if we could have a button purely for effect. The button would fire a cannon, with the tag, "You fire the cannon. The warship rocks with the explosive force. Gulls scatter in fright. A cannonball arcs harmlessly into the jungle." I was tempted to have the button say, "Don't press this button!" Anyway, Simon said it was too hard to do.

The motivation behind the warship was, first, to have something new for players to visit uin a remote part of the island, and second, just because it is plain cool. It costs me $25 a quarter. That's fine with me, given I've been playing the game for 6 years and have certainly got more than $100 a year worth of entertainment from it.

The Disco Volante was the name of the villain's ship in the Bond movie Thunderball, if you were curious as to the etymology of the name.

Neil and my pirate are indeed having a chat in the armoury. FirstAmongstDaves the pirate has a lot of harpoons on hand, and if you ask him nicely and you're participating in this new contest, he'll give you some.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »

Wow, I've been going completely the wrong direction. Time to u turn to the warship. I mean, a free chat with Neil™ and Dave™, that's a top of the line deal worth at least $100 in itself!
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 03:58:55 AM »

Spoken like a man with a penchant for paid companionship

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 04:00:45 AM »

What can I say? Schoolgirls get lonely too

ogodimsolonely
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:54 AM »

What can I say? Schoolgirls get lonely too

ogodimsolonely

Relax, Killy, just pulling your leg. I'm sure you're scoring goals.

Just sent a reminder to Simon about the set-up for the contest so hopefully some good news shortly.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 11:47:19 AM »

Hah, I would but i can't. I think as "edgy" as i fancy myself, i'm bound by a moral code, married. It started out as a really awkward, dorky, on and off, internet relationship.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 05:33:57 AM »

Really.

No response from Simon. Well, we have some weeks in hand yet.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »

TEAM TATHERS!

Neil has exclusive TEAM TATHERS! harpoons for all you lads and lassies who come out to his old haunting ground of Midway.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: