Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 23, 2018, 04:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another suggestion of... SCOUT/EXPLORER SKILLS!!  (Read 13645 times)
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

They're also well fitted to PK a town surrounded by forests, but even with the extra AP it's like, am I really going to max my killing efficiency by logging in at different increments each day? I'd dig if they had a faster AP recharge rate.

I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »

Right, I just thought a non-useless skill for scouts:

Child skill of Swimming, take reduced damage from Sharks. I don't know what you'd call it. Maybe Shark Tank?

See, now that you get periodic attacks from sharks, swimming just became a hell of a lot more difficult and a drain on resources. Scouts can get through it faster without constantly needing medpacs, which would be great for traveling, for looking for the ever-elusive ghost ship, and (yes) for pking. Especially at the shipwreck. Hell, I'd roll a scout if they added this skill.

EDIT: Other possibilities would be to take damage less often, or to negate bleeding wounds from sharks. The former I don't know if they could code, and the latter is probably too much of an advantage. Thx to Daves for inspiring the idea with his Catching Currents skill.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:20:05 PM by Dani » Logged

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:18:28 AM »

"Marine Affinity"?

I confess I don't play my scout anymore.

I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Grayson Hunt

Seafarin' Hearty - Edward McGill

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »

I don't see how Scouts/Explorers are unbalanced compared to the rest of the classes. Have you ever tried to track down a Scout or Explorer who killed you? Its pretty hard since they are the best for getting through jungles areas and cleared out areas. I don't care what a blow pipe will do to a guy, since it'll take too damn long and too much AP to track him down. I like scouts and explorers for killer based characters who are going to hit and run rather than hometown killers. I also don't like taking too long just to make a simple journey a scout or explorer can do quicker.

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »

I agree with Grayson, some of the best PKer's have been scouts/explorers.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »

Agree completely, unfortunately they have limited success versus half of the zerg guarded towns.

Yes, I'm making vague accusations.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »

Agree completely, unfortunately they have limited success versus half of the zerg guarded towns.

My favorite is when they don't even hide the fact.

Vandaxxan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »

My favorite is when they don't even hide the fact.
You must be referring to Derby. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
It amazes me how fast these 'defenders' seem to find and dispatch pkers usually within an hour.
Mortis

Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:37 PM »

Ha! Be jealous. Derby life son. *throws up gang signs*

It's my experience that cannibals make the best PKers.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

I don't see how Scouts/Explorers are unbalanced compared to the rest of the classes. Have you ever tried to track down a Scout or Explorer who killed you? Its pretty hard since they are the best for getting through jungles areas and cleared out areas. I don't care what a blow pipe will do to a guy, since it'll take too damn long and too much AP to track him down. I like scouts and explorers for killer based characters who are going to hit and run rather than hometown killers. I also don't like taking too long just to make a simple journey a scout or explorer can do quicker.

No firepower. Takes too long to choppity someone with the machete.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Grayson Hunt

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »

Machetes are for jungles, heavy swords are for people. Problem solved.

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:24 PM »

That reminds me of my old PKing mentality, I just thought of people as trees in need of maintenance.
Timothy Trust

Bored Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »

Where are people getting all these heavy swords from? I've never found one anywhere, and believe me, I've been looking.

Grayson Hunt

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »

Haven't looked hard enough. They are rather easy to find if you know where to look. But if you complain that machetes take too long since you can't shoot someone up, then why are cannibals so successful when they have wooden clubs? Its that they have swords or skills. Scouts/explorers can do the same and run away farther.

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »

Cannibals also have a -ton of HP. And clubs>machetes. The only thing clubs can't do is cut jungle. Trailblazing also has no effect on cleared areas, only D6+ jungle (0.5 ap per tile). So, most of the time is like you don't even have the skill (which is also the only class-unique skill) unless for some reason you're a PKer that also likes clearing roads. It's silly that you get an AP discount on clearing roads that give you absolutely no benefit at the end of the day.

You get swords from swamps. I'm pretty sure what people say about Derby's swamp having better find-rates is a myth. When I played I went to other less populated swamps to look for swords, and I found them alright. Of course Derby's is much more profitable because you get a spawn point right there for your farming alts, and there's also the Misfits always ready to protect the bunch of zergs that are always sitting there. Such morals.

I don't really think soldiers/warriors are OP by comparison (cannibals certainly give that feeling though). It's harder to supply yourself when you're PKing alone and such, but they work wonderfully in groups, where your teammates can procure you with ammunition, or at least cover you while you do that yourself.

So yeah, man-eater is the way. Not saying you can't PK effectively as a scout, but you get nothing to help you over the other classes - they have the least HP in the game, for crying out loud. Even scientists make more reliable pkers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:17:22 PM by Muad'Dib » Logged

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: