Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 19, 2018, 12:58:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Musing a Midway  (Read 2609 times)
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »

I must say, I didn't get involved with that hardly at all, cause the Collector seemed to be someone who doesn't really RP, just has a story to tell and will tell it his way.  He's one of those DM's that continuously throw enemies at you until you go down the corridor he wants you to go down.

But I missed the first part, here is parts two and three.  The first part was mixing Anthor's blood in one of Anthor's cups, and then shoving a live beetle in Nurse House House's stomach, cause somehow, that makes sense.  Here's parts two and three.

The Collector lights a roll up and savours the flavour of mixed tobaccos
The Collector finishes the fag and moves over to the wwoden cup, the atmosphere around them is still, in the distant songbirds can be heard
The Collector takes a silver stick from his package and starts to stir Anthors blood muttering softly to himself
The Collector stands and walks over to Nurse House House, using the silver stick he smears elements of Anthors concealed blood over her face
The Collector says “Stand in the corner, do not move, do not run” with a slight accent.
The Collector takes his machete and looks at Nurse House House
The Collector slices superficially against her left arm
The Collector says “A heavy sword with Anthors blood, a machete with yours ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “There are many demons who exist at the end of the Formless and the Void and the Darkness” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House stands as still as can be in the corner. Her eyes look very, very big, what with her face being coated with dark, old blood and her pupils being dilated.
The Collector says “You will feel weak today but forget the pain focus on the darkness yet ignore its allure” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “How can I ignore its allure? That's the only way I can bear the pain. What do you need me to focus on?” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “The deep part of the darkness? The actual physical part of the darkness? The patterns in it? The thoughts behind it?” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “I find it all very alluring.” with a slight accent.
The Collector stands facing the spirit of Tathers
The Collector says “focus on the darkness and tell me if you see or feel anyone, picture them but do not be drawn to their will” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “it is time” with a slight accent.
The Collector spits a foul black tumour filled liquid below the hovering spirit
The Collector says “you have allowed a weakening in the continuum of space Tathers through the concerted energy of one spirit so powerful on one section of the time strand ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “there are excavations of excavations” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “under the form of a vast serpent extending this way and that” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “The fragments of the receptacles, which have fallen into the world of Creation, of Formation, and of Action, therein exist from the Outer” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “and judgments are more consonant to these, which are called profane, and have their habitation in the middle space between the Holy and the Unclean.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “And from the head is formed that great dragon which is in the sea, and is the sea-serpent, which is, however, not so harmful as the earthly one.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “And this dragon hath been castrated since his crest , together with his mate, have been repressed, and thence have been formed four hundred desirable worlds.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Thou hast broken the heads of the dragons upon the waters” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “And here the idea or universal form of all the shells is understood, which encompasseth the seven inferior emanations of the queen after the manner of a serpent, as well from the right as from left” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “The "shells," Qlisoth, are the demons, in whom again is a form of the Sephiroth, distorted and averse.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “This great dragon which is here described is evidently identical with the leviathan of Job. He is the executor of judgment. the centripetal force, the old serpent ever seeking to penetrate paradise” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “His tail is in his head. He transferreth his head to behind the shoulders” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “and he is despised” with a slight accent.
The Collector forces a look to Nurse imploring her to remain still, dark clouds start to erupt above them and wind builds through the missing sections of wall
Nurse House-House says “It's not what I expected, he's not at all like I expected.. he's just a man. A fatherly type. He looks wholesome and good and like he walks dogs and scrabble players through the Pennines. ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House smiles at the spaces but stays still
The Collector is buffeted by a blast of wind and falls to his knees, rain splatters on them and moans can be heard far away
Nurse House-House is completely untouched, if the blood and the injuries and the manic expression might be ignored, she seems like a girl strolling around a village fete with the vicar's son.
Nurse House-House looks as though she is about to step forwards
Nurse House-House says “Collector, he says we can both go through. He says we shouldn't be here, he's stood in front of a house all covered with wisteria. ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Ignore him for he is vile and tarnished” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “Can we go? Can we go? Please? It's Summer. It's like a blue gingham dress. It's all lemonade and mint and sunshine through ice pops and nice shoes with lace socks. Clean and pure and innocent” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “He would take you for the honeycomb world and strip your soul until it is merely a wisp of itself” with a slight accent.
The Collector starts to shout over the wind and rain
The Collector says “he is concealed” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “laying traps” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “Oh no.. he says I can be a little girl. For ever. Just happy and sweet. Like I'd never done anything wrong” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House 's eyes are beginning to water. A tear rolls down her cheek, cutting a path through the gore and the horror.
Nurse House-House says “I've never done anything wrong there” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House grimaces as the tear dislodges a lump of congealed something or other and moves it to the side of her mouth. She breaks eye contact with the dark and spits
Nurse House-House is blown by the same violent wind, her hair blows backwards and her clothes are flattened against her, she braces herself against the corner of the room and screams and screams and screams
The Collector looks on as Nurse House House seems to fade from him ever so slightly
The Collector shouts again at the sky
The Collector says “Numbers are called days, and numbers of the inferior world short days; among which tens are attributed to the factive, on account of their decimal numeration; hundreds to the formative” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “since they are numbers of the light of their author, and draw their existence from the tens; but thousands to the creative” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “for the same reason. But that dragon hath about this his most powerful location, whence, if a defect occurreth only in one numeration of that system through the fault of the inferiors” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “he is immediately manifest, and thus commenceth his accusations before the throne of glory” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House scratches her own skin in desperation and howls into the void. Her voice is getting scratchy and raw
The Collector says “MANIFEST” with a slight accent.
The Collector swipes the heavy sword with Anthors blood at the spirit and splits open a fabric of the continuum
The Collector steps back as growls emerge and terrifying screams of innocents wail
Nurse House-House screams and screams
The Collector looks around him but there are no shadows, no eye in the mirror to guide
The Collector once again holds up his heavy sword as it emerges....the demon witch Baba Yaga
The Collector moves across in front of Nurse, as the deformed being moves towards them wielding a pestle and smiling of evils
The Collector says “Block your ears from her filth ” with a slight accent.
The Collector ignores as over and over Baba Yaga whispers Jeza Jeza Jeza
The Collector flies forward with the Heavy Sword to impale Babe Yaga but she blocks his death strike with her bone crushing Pestle
Nurse House-House says “Baba Yaga.. Baba Yaga can fix things too.. if you do exactly as she says..” with a slight accent.
The Collector stunned suffers a further blow and then to his head, the clouds seem to descend alongside a vivid sense of falling, the scent of decay and worms

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »

Nurse House-House says “In her house, by the fire, in her home with the chicken feet.” with a slight accent.
The Collector falls to the ground unconcious leaving Nurse House-House alone
Nurse House-House walks over and stands in front of The Collector. She raises her hand gently.
Nurse House-House says “Baba Yaga, Baba Yaga.. please do not harm this man.” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House kneels down beside The Collector and strokes his dirty hair. She takes the sword from his hands as though she is about to clean it
Nurse House-House whispers to The Collector. "Please, please wake up, I don't think I can solve what comes after"
Nurse House-House hums a little tune, her back toward Baba Yaga.
Nurse House-House says “I can't live without him” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House holds the sword high as though she will plunge it into her own stomach.
Nurse House-House misses herself, she drops the sword down, under her arm with all the force she can muster. Far back and behind, the tip sticks Baba Yaga.
Nurse House-House ignores the roaring and the wailing, she doesn't even look behind her, she holds herself over The Collector and scrabbles through the debris on the floor trying to locate the mirror
Nurse House-House says “Please wake up pleasewakeuppleasewakeuppleasewakeup” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “Mr. Tathers? How are you holding up?” with a slight accent.
The Collector comes to and wearily raises himself, the clouds appear to have dissipated and the rain stopped
The Collector walks over to the body of Baba Yaga
The Collector says “Did the sword with his blood pierce her?” with a slight accent.
The Collector grips Nurse House-House hard and takes the mirror that had been scattered on the floor, he holds it slightly above her eyes
The Collector says “tell Mr GoodKind what happened quickly as we must seal the void ” with a slight accent.
The Collector fearful of waiting moves towards the spirit marked and scarred by the opening of the void
The Collector pulls out a book from a hidden pocket in his coat, he licks his dirty thumb and flicks through
The Collector says “we risked much opening this, and it is fortunate spirit that you were not dragged in” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “so now we must seal that what was once loved and lived ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “and then died and decayed in total blackness ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “For in total blackness, time has no meaning” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Remember what happened here today spirit but breath a word to The Believers and I will reopen this void and ensure you are sealed ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “The present is imperfectly layered on the past; it does not conform flawlessly at every point.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Things fall and die and their decay creates new layers, thickening the surface crust and adding another thin membrane to cover what lies beneath” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “new worlds resting on the remains of the old. Day upon day, year upon year, century upon century” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “layers are added and the imperfections multiply. The past never truly dies. It is there, waiting, just below the surface of the now” with a slight accent.
The Collector once again checks his book then holds out his arm towards the spirit and void
The Collector says “Septimus enim nostrum primum tenebris legio Hamarasten” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “satrapæ occulta pontem de senatra” with a slight accent.
The Collector eyes the sparks flicking from his fingers, the power surging through his hand
The Collector says “rectitudinem facere praecipit de mortuis sine tenebris” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “non est hic locum pro obscuratur; Non non tamen dum, lapsis angelus vivit” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “et repellere et in verbis meis attende tibi foramen obstruere ceteras, quae quaereret ad vescendum carnes” with a slight accent.
The Collector his hand still alive with light pulls a pouch from himself opens and throws the contents on the void
The Collector nods as the charcoal like substance lands and highlights the previously invisable wretched forms arms outstretched clawing at the clean air, reaching out from the void
The Collector takes the heavy sword from Nurse with Anthors blood and throws it at the creatures who shriek, then the machete with Nurse's blood
The Collector says “quod non potest recipere turpissimas bestiarum ac degustare” with a slight accent.
The Collector lastly picks the body of Baba Yaga and drops it on the crawling hands
The Collector mutters further latin phrases quietly as the void starts to close and the damage to the spirit slowly repairs
The Collector says “Nurse please take the Wooden Cup with Anthors blood and keep it safe ” with a slight accent.
The Collector runs his hand over the invisble scar of the void
The Collector says “It was open to long, the weld will not hold forever ” with a slight accent.
The Collector takes the broken mirror and looks sheepishly into the mirror, scared and concerned
The Collector says “Master the void will reopen, even now I can see the strain of the weld, my spells were not strong enough to fully seal” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “I fear I have failed you ” with a slight accent.
The Collector starts to convulse and spill black tumour ridden liquid, almost seemingly possessed his body is raised from the ground and a voice erupts deep within him
The Collector says “We know it is likely that he is the Fallen Angel, the blood shows this, it penetrated that which should not” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “now that they know he has possibly been found Brightwell will be aware and they will hunt him, and further attempt to open the void ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “find one who holds the prophecy, then find the King we still have time ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “but if you fail me again I will hurt the one you hold feelings for” with a slight accent.
The Collector head is turned 180 degrees to stare at Nurse House House, his eyes soulless
The Collector says “Yes I sense the pit at the tip of your rotted carcass of a soul touched by a feeling or a thought” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Something you had forgotten to feel or perhaps never have ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “pain for her will be the price of your failure” with a slight accent.
The Collector falls as the invisable hard is taken away and the mirror scatters into the corner
The Collector gasps for breath, pain racking his neck
The Collector says “I....will not....FFFail you Master” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House wakes up and shivers to her bones
Nurse House-House looks around at all the horrors of the tower. The wind blows in a sea smell and the salt in the air cloys and coats objects which have no business anywhere but the frozen wastes of hell.
Nurse House-House says “Just like Rhyl. ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House stretches and is horribly reminded of her various injuries. She's made a vow not to make too much noise about them as she feels that she only has control over what comes out of her mouth.
Nurse House-House lies back and places a hand on her belly. She feels the rough stitches and senses the twitching under her skin. The Beetle. She soothes the area with the flat of her palm
Nurse House-House says “Go to sleep little beetle. Please forget to eat. Go to sleep little beetle, you and all your clicking feet. Shushhh husshhh little beetle shhhh shhhh just sleep.” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House is vaguely perturbed that she has made up a song for a cockroach violently inserted beneath her subcutaneous fat layer. Nurse slides herself over to The Collector.
Nurse House-House says “I do not know how it is that you are able to sustain such injuries and still live. I'm too worried that I will ruin your magic if a clean you up any. God knows what kind of eco system I'll be ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “disturbing. ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House neatens up the tower, to please the ghost. She does so very slowly and painfully. She locates the Cup and carefully stows it away.
Nurse House-House imagines herself floating in the sea outside. The sun on her skin, her body lulled by the waves, with all the horrors of cold and dark and dead things tumbling below the surface.
Nurse House-House says “Collector. However did you get into this mess in the first place? Were you ever a baby or an awkward spotty teen? Did you ever have a pet you loved so much that you cried for weeks when it died? ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “How are you here, like this, in a whistling tower?" Nurse mentally asks herself a few similar questions. Was I ever a baby? Was I ever without this gnawing feeling of sin?” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House laughs at herself and her melodrama, she kisses The Collectors forehead and bites the lid off another bottle of banana beer.
Nurse House-House says “Now where have you put your tobacco, you dirty filth wizard? I need a cig now more than ever.” with a slight accent.
The Collector passes a rolled fag to Nurse House-House
Nurse House-House grins
Nurse House-House says “thanks” with a slight accent.
The Collector moves slowly clearly hindered by the tasks he has put himself through
The Collector says “There are tasks we need to accomplish, if you wish your inept sibling to savour the last few moon rises of this land without pain then ill expect your help ” with a slight accent.
The Collector stares into the broken mirror once more to listen, his right eye feels irritated like it contains sand
Nurse House-House looks hurt by this reminder. She grows serious once more
The Collector rubs hard and yet still listens, on the wind a gentle whisper joins them
The Collector says “Can you hear it Nurse? ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House nods
Nurse House-House says “I can.” with a slight accent.
The Collector strains as the distorted noise clears slightly "Sein.....Schwert........ angehoben"
Nurse House-House says “angehoben” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “raised...” with a slight accent.
The Collector nods as the voice on the wind trails off
The Collector walks over to Nurse and starts to stroke the wound on her stomach
The Collector says “There my dear feed on her and grow stronger ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “taste the succulent flesh ” with a slight accent.
The Collector takes Nurse House-House's chin into his hand and forces her to look at him
Nurse House-House stifles a yelp and looks at The Collector as though she is begging for help, but she says nothing at all.
The Collector says “The voice on the wind was a smattering of a prophecy that was given about the Fallen Angel ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “is there anything that can be done to stop it?” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “It is spoke in German and was said near the cave of the cannibals that we know” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “It is possible, unfortunately we do not know the full text just small phrases ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “I think this penny just has two bad sides.” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House takes the cigarette and puts it to her lips, unlit. It is clear that she is shaking very badly.
The Collector lights Nurse's fag and steps back
The Collector says “You must find the prophet and full text but it will not be easy and the greeble inside you will continue to feed weakening you” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Only with the text can we truly decipher what we find within the cup you hold” with a slight accent.
The Collector returns to stroke Greeble inside the wound of the Nurse, once again he locks eyes with the Nurse
The Collector suddenly grips her tighly in a hug, his filthy nails digging into her breaking her skin
The Collector runs the bloodied nails over his cracked lips savouring her taste, droplets fail onto his brown decayed teeth and he shudders
Nurse House-House does not blink. She takes a few quick drags of the cigarette, blowing the smoke out in a long sigh. She closes her eyes and grabs a few bottles of salt water and begins gulping them down
Nurse House-House wipes her mouth on her sleeve.. "That should spoil her dinner a little bit"
Nurse House-House makes her eyes bright and smiles ferociously at The Collector. "How will I know this prophet?" Nurse finishes her cigarette, all the way to the little papery stub. She swallows it down, smiling
Nurse House-House says “Take that, little Gruber Greeble. It is time to start a habit. Don't worry. I hear that even mushroom clouds wash over cockroaches. ” with a slight accent.
The Collector walks towards the spirit almost suspended in animation, using his hand he plays with its strands
The Collector suddenly turns towards Nurse and grips her roughly by her hair, yanking her to her knees
Nurse House-House opens another bottle of banana beer with her teeth. She puts her lips to the mouth of the bottle, looks directly at The Collector and downs the lot in one go, without ever breaking eye contact.
The Collector stands astride her still holding the hair tight, he smiles and black ooze drops onto her face and runs down her neck
The Collector snatches the bottle and throws it into the corner it smashes and shards of glass scatter
The Collector says “We know the prophet is a german speaker” with a slight accent.
The Collector tugs at her hair dragging her by her knees to the glass
The Collector places his knee into the corner of her back, she drops her face to the floor and he holds it barely above the glass
The Collector says “there is one person who knows the full identity of the prophet ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House eyes the shard of glass not two millimetres from her cheek
Nurse House-House says “Mm, I am trying to think very, very quickly, but I do not know a German speaker on this island.” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “he is a creature unlike any you would have met before, a wraith of disease and you must do whatever it takes to get the name from him ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House watches in horror as the breath around her words mists and condenses on the broken pieces of glass
The Collector says “The one who knows the prophets name is...” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “I have to go into the caves for this?” with a slight accent.
The Collector releases Nurses hair and it falls
The Collector says “The Wisp ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Find him and get the name of the Prophet ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House screams this time. The largest shard of glass is embedded deeply in her cheek.
Nurse House-House puts one hand over her mouth and the other over the glass. She sobs a little bit.
Nurse House-House stands up unsteadily. She smoothes her uniform and picks up her bag. She stands with her back to the room trying desperately to remove the glass.
Nurse House-House says “/me's shoulders sag.” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House says “I.. I may need a little help, please, if you could?” with a slight accent.
The Collector ignores Nurse's pleading for help instead focusing once again on the spirit in front of him and the cracked sealed void
The Collector says “/looks at the void almost pleading it to remain sealed for long enough” with a slight accent.
The Collector twists and turns his hand through the tendrils of mist
The Collector says “Did you know I have a slight gift of foresight ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “Not as powerful as some, but the mists of the future are not so dense for myself” with a slight accent.
The Collector takes in a deep breath and exhales slowly
Nurse House-House looks over her shoulder, her hand still clamped over her cheek.
The Collector says “Anthor must be brought her and we must garner the full text of the prophecy ” with a slight accent.
The Collector says “You will go now and interrogate the creature known as the Wisp and I shall find Anthor” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House looks absolutely wretched on hearing this.
Nurse House-House says “Goodbye, Mr. Tathers. ” with a slight accent.
Nurse House-House looks long and hard at The Collector. She is willing him to say more, or help her with her little problem.
The Collector goes to step down the stone stairs, turns to the Nurse and shows her the broken mirror
The Collector smiles as through the earth lined around the stone floor worms and beetles erupt, hundreds of them scurrying
The Collector whispers in a strange dialect as they start to crawl up Nurse House-House's leg, a dark deep smell of blood eminates, the whispers from the shadows close in
The Collector leaves the tower as the whispers ring over and over "we are watching you"
Nurse House-House is swiftly regretting waiting around
Nurse House-House says “Sh*t.” with a slight accent.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:08 PM »

I wail like a champ.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:37:43 AM »

Edit: I misread, but I still wonder if more context would help understand the ritual. It's all over the place.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:59:47 AM by Killian » Logged
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »

It was completely out of left field, and made no sense to me.  It was obviously an ongoing RP, but I have no clue what it was about, or why I was involved.

Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

Maybe it wasn't meant for you and they were being polite and including you.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »

Maybe it's a CONSPIRACY!

andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 03:28:27 AM »

hahaha, that guy give fluffhead the heebie jeebies.

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »

HAHAHA HEEBIE JEEBIES

YES

I LOVE YOU ANDREW
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »

The Collector makes me think of this:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-holders-series

I especially love the parody at the end.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: