Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
May 22, 2018, 10:01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Marvelous Travels of THE MUAD  (Read 16987 times)
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

...and friends.

NOTE: I'm not going to update this thing oftenlyerlier, so don't look forward to anything. I'm just doing this to amuse myself and the other guys, and mildly taunt certain people, by, uhm, accident. Also, the quality is horrible because I did it in a hurry today. I will beautify them later today and will post finals when... NEVER! WAHAHAH!

Ok maybe some day. It's pretty much impressive the fact that I even bothered to do *this*.

Oh, and if you see yourself there and you don't look as you think you look, that's because either I didn't bother to read the description in their profiles (if any) or didn't remember exactly how it was. But I will probably change it, at some point. Perhaps. Or not. Whatever.

And the text said by some guys might not be in the right places, possibly because I thought of them after I had written the first ones or when I was writing something I found out how I had no space left or something.

My g's sometimes look like my y's when I'm hurried.

1. It Begins.

So, I had been there the last couple of... weeks?, chillin', getting some fungi for some purpose I can't recall right now, and my friend Esrays comes back down the narrow passage and sits with me there. He's going to the shipwreck now, he says, but that's an easy target, I say, so why don't we try Derby instead? We could set it up properly and do something fun.

Then The Law, who was up to no good, started causing trouble in my neighborhood. Not really, he just killed me. Stupid face!

2. Arrival.

After a conveniently placed resurrection at the roamer, I find myself swimming near Derby's swamp. Oh, Gods, that's an awfull lot of people there. I wonder if there's that many at the bar... Hmm...

I get there all nice and all, at the hut we had said we would use as our HQ's of sorts. Esrays was too tired so he fell instantly on the floor upon coming inside. There was this medic that was going to help us with the terrible setbacks of the fungi, and through some calculations we had agreed on a number of FAKs... But when I get there it turns out he doesn't know how to use them properly! Oh dear! By pure chance (or rather, Esrays strong body building) we managed to make use of all faks and herbs we had there and when we were all pumped up with our brewings and concoctions, all we had to do was wait for the pal who volunteered for taking down the Shaman.

I almost had my second heart attack that evening when he comes inside screaming, that this dog was healing the shaman, that he was reloading and suddenly he showed up, that we should go get him. I went to take care of that, while Esrays headed to the swamps to do his thing.

3. Whew.

A slippery one Balchig is, but I got him. And the dog too. These Misfits surely get the weirdest pets. And this other guy who showed up just to get a taste of the floor, it seems. Just then, when I take a short break to appreciate the wondrous masterpiece of art I've left there, I take a look at a corpse that had been there all along before... Derby Dummy. Oh no, I bet he's gonna wake up just in the middle of the thing...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:46:41 PM by Muad'Dib » Logged

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Witch Hazel

Honey, been there, done that.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »

This made me laugh.  Grin

The Great Wraith of the NG - Witch Hazel
MUCK the road clearer extraordinaire!
andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »

i love the swamp people.

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:40:36 AM »

Good! Good! I hope to see more. : )

Our s's and h's are similar. Did you have trouble doing the ampersand?
Nursie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:46:11 AM »

This is awesome.   Cool
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

Good! Good! I hope to see more. : )

Our s's and h's are similar. Did you have trouble doing the ampersand?

doing the what?
Gods, did I have them. First, when I did it in pen, it turned out horrible. Then I managed to fix it up somewhat with the ink thing. I'll stick to letters probably in the future. Or something.

&&&&&&&&&

And strangely, yesterday I got home and stayed up drawing until 3 am or so, so there's a lot of stuff done. I suppose I will edit this post in a few minutes. Done, shamelessly retouched in paint because it's been years since I used anything better than that. I have to relearn those things...

And now...

4. The Hanged Misfit

As predicted, I was through a few of them already, and Derby Dummy showed up! Oh! He started attacking me with something, though I can't remember what it was because I panicked, so I started swinging my sword just in random directions. Which seemed to work, because after a couple of seconds he had joined them there on the floor. Muad'Dib's flooring and carpeting services, just for the Hanged Misftit: 100% discount if you just stay there and do nothing!! (Soon available for other settlements as well. Shipwreck included. Rakmogak may need to cover the overseas travel expenses upon calling)

The chainsaw bit is an in-joke between me and the guys who died there. Just to show that I care about the people I kill. Not really.

5. All done here.

The last one of them nicely lined up next to his mates, and I was ready to leave this place. Specially after DD got so close to down me, even. 22 hp left and all!

But... extra ap for me! This could mean a super quick escape... or something else...

6. The Trader's Hut, just there, looking pretty.

At first I couldn't decide whether to go in or not. I though I would take a look. Anthor! What is he doing here? I see Eliza as well, and this random pirate. They must be up to something, you know, private, so what better time to put an end to that than now!

Unfortunately, I was seeing I wasn't going to have enough ap to kill the three of them, the trader and his dog, so I just conformed with Anthor...

And also, unfortunately, too...

7. My SWORD!!!

My first sword!! This is indeed a sad day. Or hour. Minute. Moment. Instant, rather. Well, I was feeling rather merciful and decided to spare the rest of them. Not a matter of having little ap or anything at all. Nor was I fearing the hangover would kick in at any moment.

8. Swim swim swim hangover swim swim

Ah, refreshing. A bath just after a night of hard work. And with sea salts even! However, for some reason, I got even *more* tired after getting in the water, when the full drawbacks of the fungi juice came back once again to take control...

...and sharks! But we'll get to that some other day.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:35:46 PM by Muad'Dib » Logged

YEAH SCOUTS!

I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

Maud Dib, you are awesome!

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Nursie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »

i love the swamp people.
yes yesyes!
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »

Maud Dib, you are awesome!

I know.

By the way, I have no idea what you are supposed to look like, so I just drew something like that stuff you got in your avatar, plus a crown. It's made of cardboard, so don't get any ideas.

YEAH SCOUTS!

andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 02:11:29 AM »

okay, this round i love how eliza day looks like velma dinkley and the traders dog. awesome, still.

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 02:22:12 AM »

That was my avatar that I made after I ascended to a spirit or something the last time I gave up the throne. It was also a pointer to Light Rising but I'm guessing no one got that. I need to bring back my Robin Hood avatar.

That said, awesome awesome job, and I like how you promoted me to Author rather than Anthor. I feel honored!

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Maj. Arcana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 02:49:39 AM »

Don't worry, Anthor. I got the reference to LR.

Good drawings as usual maud.

I'm not going anywhere now, and neither is my army of zergs!
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 02:55:10 PM »

That said, awesome awesome job, and I like how you promoted me to Author rather than Anthor. I feel honored!

My n's are backwards.

Oh and I got more of these done. I guess now that I died (ugh) I'll just post the rest of the 1st chapter or something.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »

Not having internet at my current place is a double-edged sword. Kind of like the one I used in Derby. Or not. For one part now I have all this spare time in the evenings which I use to draw and stuff. For the other, I keep not finishing anything Grin

But the first chapter is finished and I am pleased with myself, yay.

9. Hurry up!

We had made plans for meeting in Arivo Rock afterwards, and then escaping together through the caves. Through well hidden hints and secret complicately encoded messages Esrays left here and there through the beach, I could know that he was already way ahead of me...

the message, decoded for the audience. encoded, it looks the same.

10. Deep Waters!

But luck seemed to be on our side today.

Remember those FAKs Contractor had buried in Arivo Rock a couple of days earlier? Well, so did we. Now, it was just a matter of making it alive through the dreaded Deeeeep Waters! Will Muad make it? Will he not? Oh dear, the anticipation!

11. Kittens

And so, I dived in.

Ow man, the suspense is eating me alive... quite literally!

12. Fact: Sharks like kittens too

Well, it worked! Thank ARONIMMOS for his grace! I'll pray tonight before going to sleep, and so should you, for having me share these grandiose stories with you!

Esrays had already dug up the kits... 3 of them, a bottle of water and a gps? 6 faks would have been much better... you know, just some feedback Tongue.

(as you can see, I was clearly tired of drawing at this point. Hopefully I managed to save some energies for the last one)

13. And down we go.

Arivo Rock

A tall mound of rock sticking out of the sea with a small bit of sand around the edges. A dark cave is set into the rock, it looks man-made and strangely out of place.

Here you can see Esrays (54 of 85 HP).

Muad Dib says “Made it.”
Esrays uses a healing herb on you and restores 10 health.
Esrays uses a healing herb on you and restores 10 health.
Esrays uses a first aid kit on you and restores 5 health.
Esrays uses a first aid kit on you and restores 5 health.
Muad Dib flips the bird in the general direction of Derby.

I have a good part of the second chapter ready, but it is still too recent. So some other day it may be. Hopefully. That is all.

note to self: remember to revise this so it goes more by the rules posted in the sticky by Simon !!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:47:58 PM by Muad'Dib » Logged

YEAH SCOUTS!

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 04:46:01 PM »

muad here. idling out for a while. I can't do this without damned internets. dammit! it's been hard. not because of the internet! other things. well. here a gift for my guys. you know who you are. I'm going to kill you. gods I woke up 20 times last night.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: