Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 03:58:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imperial Court of Greater Raktam  (Read 47952 times)
Nihlia

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »

Killian, lets just tie your sentence off with a minor retort then.

I'm a historian, perhaps a moral guardian at worst- certainly no "champion". If you want to argue semantics, you're welcome to do it in the herbal hut. No need to take up space around these... mostly nice people with lengthy philosophical discussions. Better to keep those contained in the moment, or they end up spilling over taking up way too much space. Which frankly, I don't want either. I'm enough of a lecturing grandma as it is.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »

Killian, lets just tie your sentence off with a minor retort then.

I'm a historian, perhaps a moral guardian at worst- certainly no "champion". If you want to argue semantics, you're welcome to do it in the herbal hut.

Good, invoking semantics to dodge. Are you going to call upon the OOC gods next?

I'm no fan of dissent, and this is an exception. The beefing is minor, but mostly I don't care about you. And if you were indeed a historian with the right leanings in semantics or philosophy, you'd probably know enough to defuse someone being insufferable like me. People like Muad, G3N (who contributed very nice art), and The Man from New Jersey intuitively knew how.

My problem with you is that you remind me of cases like Dion Fortune claiming credit for magically saving Britain during WWII; the avoidable Bosnian genocides, had Bosnian Muslim leaders not been cloud cuckoo landers; symbolic fasting; or the more recent Kony blunders that only helped the pockets of tshirt merchandisers. It's shallow idealism with a side of hollow symbolism. In terms of invasion, part of the reason why nations like China or India outlasted colonization is because their populations were too large to budge, not because someone offered a peace pipe or preached a non violence stance. Those sort of policies are like trying to stop a bulldozer with a flower.

For all your choir preaching, nothing you've done has been a remedy for violence, and is a pale mirror of the policing you've criticized, a duty that can't inherently be justified and is no one's right. You're free to do your thing and slap a success sticker on it. But if you're free to do that, then don't try to suppress my reactionary yammering.
Nihlia

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:31 PM »

Ahh. Thank you! I appreciate the criticism.
Quite refreshing. Now I know where you stand a little better.

Hmm. Give me a while...

Raffles

Swords 'n' silks

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2014, 11:53:50 PM »

Oooh, you liar! No-one appreciates criticism.

Now, both of you, stop stealing the limelight from my Trade Union action.
Nihlia

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2014, 12:38:46 AM »

Oooh, you liar! No-one appreciates criticism.

Now, both of you, stop stealing the limelight from my Trade Union action.

Actually, it triggers a lot of positive ideas and memories for me.
At least when the criticism is genuine, and not just trashtalking.
Either that or I'm a masochist, but lets not dwell on that theory.

Anyway... Lets flood this place.

Allright, allright. Lets change angle. ...Dismantle some of these siege weapons. I tend to start off pretty intimidating the few times I appear on the forum, largely by habit, what with the history I have as a spiritual whacko, in the eyes of many. Perhaps also since I abhor lengthy public arguments that ever risk needing to explain things, so I say what I need to and leave, being overly cryptic or not. Because I am a preacher of sorts, a believer in peace and spirituality, and I will stand by my ideology even if the very mountain breaks apart and the island sinks into the sea.

OOC: (Seriously, she will. I can't stop her. She's pretty much developed into a wholly seperate entity over the years, and when I am here, I am almost always HER. Go find my alts if you want to talk with a reasonable person. Well, one with either a heavy cockney dialect or sociopathic streak. My last one went inactive since her shenanigans were so incomprehensible I could barely keep track myself.)

But if you're not the spiritual type, then lets be level-headed. Well, somewhat.

I know I am a flawed. Who isnt? I've seen many things fall and break apart over the years, and have been unable to save them. Don't I judge myself, don't I feel as if things could have gone a lot better? Of course I do. But I am only one person, one idealist stuck with what we can scramble together as a broken community working as one. And I never wanted to lead. I was always the critic, the philosopher keeping record of what happened in my home village, while playing with words and trying to learn instead of involving myself. The healer who kept track of good and bad deeds in my home, recorded them in my journals, who tried to help those who did not kill, and scold those who did. Over the years many have vanished or died and I have seen my home suffer a great deal, so I have had to adapt to become a teacher full-time, and accept death as inevitable in many more ways than I once did. I have grown harsher and more compromising in my involvement in town affairs, when all others trying to keep any form of government have disappeared, and I have accepted that some murderous filth will never learn, and has to wiped out repeatedly in order to avoid further needless bloodshed. I am not the icon of purity I once was, nor the light-hearted youth believing even animal deaths were uncalled for. But I still have rules to stand by, principles that will never falter. I am still here, and I will always be here. All death dealt in the hut is recorded and kept track of, and all who live at peace with those around them or only strike at proven murderers will be supported, helped and trusted in times of need. But I am only one person. A hub of information, a spiritual guide, a reliable oak to return to. A living part of the village itself, an extension of its memories and dreams. I am still the philosopher, the healer. Not a leader. If someone comes along and tries to take charge, then good luck to them! Should they "save" the town at this stage, repopulate and turn it into a hub of civilisaton again? ...I'll gladly reward them with more wealth than anyone has ever been given before, applaud them publically and refer all others to help them out. Of course, if we're still morally incompatible, I'll always be there to criticise what they do, should they visit me for long. But that's who I am. It was never my way to walk the path itself. Only to be there to guide those who will. And when none are, to wait, to bide my time and rest. To seek aid when needed and given, and when in line with my moral code. To teach, and bring peace where needed and possible. To watch over Raktam in times of joy and pain, and feel what it feels. To be always on the sacred ground that spawned me, cherishing it until the ancestors deem our islands story to once and for all be over. Only then will my spirit lay to rest.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »

A curious monologue. The Empress of Raktam, who reigned on and off for many years, always got the impression you were content to be the leader of the opposition: happy to rain criticism, never willing to take up leadership or positively contribute.

But of course, she died defending Raktam, so who knows now what she might have felt or believed.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »

Raffles can have the limelight, but I'm grabbing the shiny double spotlight.

Some closer minded people will dismiss a lengthy passage, which I find a dubious practice since there's a place in Shartak for anyone's voice.

To correct my overgeneralizing, I appreciate your healing gig (even though they could easily do it themselves), but the words are impotent. If you RPed more of an Atticus Finch, or a doting motherly kind, hell even a black princess Zelda (my bad for not knowing a better example), I wouldn't mind.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, or try to draw better out of you, because I see a rut of no compulsion. Same reason I won't seek your characters for tea time. And beyond what I've done, I'm not going to grill you for additional personal beliefs; you don't deserve that. You still suck at philosophizing about peace. (Yeah I'm petty)
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »

I have to say, Nihlia is good at healing in Raktam. My cannibal, Kali'na, and Edward Theodore Gein  would hunt together on occasion. Once we thought we would drink several bottles of fungi juice and attack the Raktam med hut which we did. I started attacking Nihlia but she woke up. She kept healing herself as fast as I was trying to kill her. I am fast but it turns out so was she.  I finally yelled to Gein that she was awake and kill her. I wanted to make sure I got a kill so started attacking the natives standing there. Nihlia started healing them too! By now, Gein started attacking Nihlia so she stopped to heal herself but she still tried to heal the other natives I was chopping up and eating. Not once did she attack us but kept healing herself and anyone she could. She managed to survive the attack but many in the hut did not. What she did was fantastic and hard to do when you have 2 fungi juiced cannibals attacking and still survive. In hindsight we should have brought more juice to finish her off but we didn't. As I was leaving I whispered to her she was a great warrior and that I wouldn't be attacking Raktam anymore. So you see, her vigilance saved Raktam from at least one cannibal who will not be attacking Raktam now or in the future.

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Raffles

Swords 'n' silks

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »

And now free gifts! I think these Plague fellows have been grossly misjudged.
Nihlia

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »

Raffles can have the limelight, but I'm grabbing the shiny double spotlight.

Some closer minded people will dismiss a lengthy passage, which I find a dubious practice since there's a place in Shartak for anyone's voice.

To correct my overgeneralizing, I appreciate your healing gig (even though they could easily do it themselves), but the words are impotent. If you RPed more of an Atticus Finch, or a doting motherly kind, hell even a black princess Zelda (my bad for not knowing a better example), I wouldn't mind.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, or try to draw better out of you, because I see a rut of no compulsion. Same reason I won't seek your characters for tea time. And beyond what I've done, I'm not going to grill you for additional personal beliefs; you don't deserve that. You still suck at philosophizing about peace. (Yeah I'm petty)

Well, I'm an extremist, but I'm also really easy to avoid, so that's kind of my way of not being too much of a nuisance to those disagreeing horribly with my ideals.

Didnt come here to try to "sell" peace.
If you seek it, you'll work for it on your own, and cooperation will happen naturally. If you're a douchebag, you're already too blind to get it. Wouldn't want to chat more anyhow. You seem quite unpleasant yourself. You're still welcome in the hut, of course, as long as we don't talk to eachother. Unless you're one of those rotten murderous wretches as well. Then you'll hopefully lose your head before you ruin the atmosphere even more. But lets not assume you're that low.

-

Yeah, Katie, took me all my saved up xp to do so too, but it was damn well necessary.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2014, 12:32:21 AM »

If you're a douchebag, you're already too blind to get it. Wouldn't want to chat more anyhow. You seem quite unpleasant yourself.
Like most of us, killy improves with time. Who could ever forget his touch-up to the monkey badge? That was like, a week after he'd returned to the forums, and we were already mortal forum enemies.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I'm probably the only one that remembers it, because I changed my forum avatar shortly afterwards.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 28, 2014, 01:18:09 AM »

Nah, I was always good Dani. Monkeys are among my favorite animals anyway. Anyway, we did that stand up act, we both know there's creativity in each other's somewhat unhinged heads!

The funny thing about peace is that anyone with a clue won't claim to get it. Sometimes people try to spread peace by lifting others up. Those people are above the ordinary, like when Andrew gave Dani that heavy sword after getting beefed on by him. Others choose to scorn and act like a douchebag. I'm definitely a douchebag sometimes, but then now is Nihlia, as evident by their true colors.
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »

Or you could just do what I do for peace... bring peace to Shartak via mass killing!

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2014, 01:21:41 AM »

Yeah but isn't that what most conquerors claimed to do?
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2014, 04:13:33 AM »

At it's height in 2012 the Raktam Empire consisted of central Raktam, the mountain, the Durham peninsula, and Unity Island. The Commonwealth of Raktam and Creedy in 2008 was somewhat smaller but still extant. Some killing went into both, yes.

Nihlia has a functionary purpose as a historian, healer and skeptic. She doesn't advance Raktam's interests because she doesn't recognize there are interests. Raktam is currently in a dormant phase of its existence, as often happens when empires over-extend: they collapse especially when the core of the empire is attacked. Nihlia provides a passive, reactive stewardship when that happens, as it has twice now.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: