Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 20, 2018, 01:48:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO WAR!  (Read 23735 times)
Catachan

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2012, 05:14:29 AM »

I think people are confusing the term "hippies" for "pacifists". Hippies wish for people to get along. Pacifists sit around with thumbs in their bums and refuse to fight. We're going to fight back, and whether you lot like it or not, we're not going to be Nazis because York is historically known for them.

Logan Ehntholt, Leftenant and York Colonial Corps Diplomat

A man of wealth and taste, he held a general's rank while the Blitzkrieg raged and bodies stank. He looks pleased to meet you.
Maj. Arcana

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »

Right you are. You're not hippies. You're traitors who broke York's ancient laws to tolerate native and pirate trash walking our fair streets, stealing our God-given resources (weapons, FAKS and women) and polluting honest Yorkmen with their heathen ways. This isn't a matter of philosophy - there's a Right way and there's the godless foreigner way.

York will only be safe when all the scurvy and blacky lovers have been burnt to ashes and dumped into the sea. Which, by the way, is where I'm hiding. Come and die, suckers!

The Hierophant

I'm not going anywhere now, and neither is my army of zergs!
Raan'dul

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2012, 05:58:45 AM »

Well you can change sides, I simply won't. I like lawlessness and will support it not the hippies who wish to control York.

GH

You attack the tiger and miss. Pausing a moment to reflect on this, tackling the tiger with your bare hands might be considered crazy!
Maj. Arcana

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2012, 06:02:44 AM »

I like lawlessness.

GH

Once all the traitors have been 'pacified', you're next, Derbyian.

Catachan

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »

York will only be safe when all the scurvy and blacky lovers have been burnt to ashes and dumped into the sea. Which, by the way, is where I'm hiding.

So you're hiding where you plan to dump the ashes of people you hate? That seems ironic.

Also, this really is a matter of philosophy. You choose to abide to a system of racial prejudice, or you choose to welcome people regardless of who they are. You choose to follow the system of racial prejudice that was set by fascists of times ago that seek to ruin the image of Outsiders in the eyes of Natives by refusing to accept them. We, however, have entered with our "hippies" mindset. Speaking of which, I think we're less hippies and more Revolutionaries since we honestly don't care what the ancient laws of York are or dictate. After all, it's not like they gave out a complimentary pamphlet on the voyage here. Even if they did, we're just going to be the way we're going to be, regardless of traditions.

A man of wealth and taste, he held a general's rank while the Blitzkrieg raged and bodies stank. He looks pleased to meet you.
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:50 AM »

Hierophant, make sure you say hello to Nursie before you lose your head. It's hard to talk when you're a shrunken head on a stick!

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »

Oooh, stick puppetry.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Maj. Arcana

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »

So you're hiding where you plan to dump the ashes of people you hate? That seems ironic.
The sea purifies the taint. It hides me because I am so pure. And I can swim, unlike most of you traitors.

You choose to follow the system of racial prejudice that was set by fascists of times ago

I don't understand this word fascist. York's heroes of yesteryear weren't fascists. They just had the common sense to keep the dirt and the disease outside the village. We're a very clean people.

Also it's not a prejudice. Everything the native can do the white man can do better. Since you're new at this I'll list a few:

-We can understand GPS. Natives need to learn our ways to figure out how to make the magic box (you know, SCIENCE) work.
-Sure, we can learn stuff from them too. Like if you run out of FAKS in the jungle and want to rub plants all over your body. Oh wait, we can do that without their help, and better than they can (field surgery)
-Rifles kill faster than blowpipes. oh, except for animals. If you want to eat an animal full of poison darts, you belong with them.
-They have these guys, shamans, who can make ghosts cry alot. Never mind them being superstitious buffoons, just think, would you want that job?
- We can tell the difference between a pirate and an actual white man, which makes rooting out the filth MUCH easier. Natives can't even tell the difference between the regular breeds and the ones who eat people.

I could go on and talk about their smaller brain size compared to us, but you get the point.

Catachan

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »

Since you're having problems with this, I'll nitpick it all for you.

The sea purifies the taint. It hides me because I am so pure. And I can swim, unlike most of you traitors.
Since you're new at this I'll list a few:
Congratulations, you have successfully contradicted yourself by pointing out that I am, in fact, new to the game. Since I am new, I'm trying to gain important skills, which swimming is not, so have fun playing with Jaws in the meantime.

I don't understand this word fascist. York's heroes of yesteryear weren't fascists.
From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of FASCISM
1: often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality

What your doing is showing yourself to be higher than the natives who have lived on the island, and Pirates who usually tend to be white, because they're not from York. You are clearly exercising Fascism and cannot realize that people don't want to be dictators because of where they started on the island, so suffer.

They just had the common sense to keep the dirt and the disease outside the village. We're a very clean people.
We're surrounded by dirt and jungle, and don't have proper sewage. We are just as dirty, if not more than, the people that live inside the jungle. Oh, and the coast is salt water, which is harmful if we drink it, so that goes to show you how healthy that must be as long as you're squeaky clean.

Also it's not a prejudice. Everything the native can do the white man can do better.
That is because we were born around rifles, pistols, and other such technologies. See my response to Fascism.

-We can understand GPS. Natives need to learn our ways to figure out how to make the magic box (you know, SCIENCE) work.
"The Magic Box" also runs on latitude and longitude lines, so unless you want to know where something is exactly located on the island, they're about as useless as wandering aimlessly without the aid of metagaming maps or Exploration. Also, see my response to "It's not prejudice".

-Sure, we can learn stuff from them too. Like if you run out of FAKS in the jungle and want to rub plants all over your body. Oh wait, we can do that without their help, and better than they can (field surgery)
The training of Field Surgery and other such advanced healing skills is only applicable to the egghead Scientist Outsiders, and Field Surgery only works on bleeding wounds. Meanwhile, the Natives only need to walk into the jungle and rub plants all over them, while outsiders have to find a Medical Hut to heal themselves.

-Rifles kill faster than blowpipes. oh, except for animals. If you want to eat an animal full of poison darts, you belong with them.
I actually don't have a good response to this one, so good job.

-They have these guys, shamans, who can make ghosts cry alot. Never mind them being superstitious buffoons, just think, would you want that job?
That must be why the outsider settlements kidnapped them so they could revive us once we died. Crazy that they can bring themselves back to life and we can't with all our science, huh?

-We can tell the difference between a pirate and an actual white man, which makes rooting out the filth MUCH easier. Natives can't even tell the difference between the regular breeds and the ones who eat people.
We're all white people to them, since Pirates and Outsiders are, well, Outsiders to them. Besides, it works the same way since we can't tell the difference between Natives either.

I could go on and talk about their smaller brain size compared to us, but you get the point.
Seeing as I just went through your entire post and picked away at all your arguments, no, I don't get the point. Maybe you should explain how their smaller brain size makes them worse than us.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:27:23 AM by Catachan » Logged

Smith

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »

Boy am I glad I picked Cat as my diplomat, I couldn't be arsed to present an argument as good as that.

Oh, and to say you feel you're all high and mighty, Mr Heirophant, you hide in the sea like the 'dirty' pirates that you claim to hate.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »

I took my machetes to a lego man named Broomhead, he was a dodgy sucker I tell ya, but I managed to get that non-Yorker out of York Proper, eh wot!

~Aphetto Kabal

Smith

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »

I took my machetes to a lego man named Broomhead, he was a dodgy sucker I tell ya, but I managed to get that non-Yorker out of York Proper, eh wot!

~Aphetto Kabal
Goddamnit Aphetto you need to stop hacking everything.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »

THEN BRIBE ME WITH TEA!  EH WOT!

~Aphetto Kabal

Smith

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

THEN BRIBE ME WITH TEA!  EH WOT!

~Aphetto Kabal
Stop killing people and then you'll get your tea, eh wot.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »

Oh I wish this game had opium. Then we'd be having fun.

I'd set up a hash house and we could all sit around and count the unicorns in the haze.

Smith, log into the game. We've just had a chat.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: