Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 23, 2018, 10:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Queen of Raktam search begin  (Read 8411 times)
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 03:09:56 AM »

The Dead tend to pop back up and run for office over and over again here.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
CravenCrow

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:24 AM »

Oh, the joys of Shartak.

The Storm of the Jungle.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 05:39:30 AM »

Heh.

OOC: Taiaka and Hummingbird have started flirting. Playing a female character can sometimes be intriguing. I once had a young and obviously straight guy playing a male warrior who was romantically interested in Hummingbird freak out a little when he discovered a man was controlling the character. I am straight and while I'm not at all homophobic I confess it does seem odd to me to have straight male players hit on my character.

I have some empathy for those who are attracted to Hummingbird. The two drawings I have used in her profile have been Frank Cho illustrations, notorious for their curves, and indeed her sexy appearance has saved her from death more than once at the hands of players who can't bring themselves to kill a hot chick. The character - an agent of order, a team player, a lawmaker, helpful, good to her word, and female and beautiful - was always intended to be the antithesis of my pirate - chaotic, a loner, cruel, a lawbreaker, untrustworthy, male, scarred and ugly.

In any event, to get to my point, it may surprise some of you to know that Taiaka, the broad, handsome
and slightly thuggish bodyguard of Blue Hummingbird, is apparently played by someone who is funny, attractive and female. I do not know much about her save that she is blonde and lives in Bermuda. My old RPG cohort all posted photos of ourselves on my long-abandoned message board. I'm not sure that it is politically correct, and it's certainly a little confused, but it's oddly acceptable to me for my female character to flirt with a male character played by a girl.

I'm raising this to preempt the homophobic crowd who might challenge my character's romantic interaction with Taiaka. I've had gay taunts before from playing this female character from people who can't separate role-play from real life, and which were unpleasant and unnecessary. The gay bashers can chill out.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 06:58:24 AM »

Dave,

Awesome post.

No one should be harassed for role playing the opposite sex. And no one should be harassed for their sexuality IC or OOC.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Maj. Arcana

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »

To be honest i think those people are long gone.

I'm not going anywhere now, and neither is my army of zergs!
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

I have always thought it was weird how people react to sexy pictures that some use for their characters. It's just a picture for god's sake but they do work and work well.  I was a bit surprised you would have to make a post about 'characters' flirting with yours, FAD. I have seen a couple of guys playing women get hit on IC and didn't think nothing of it.  Wink Whether you are male or female and you put a picture of a big boob female in your profile ...you will have guys drooling over you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:00:55 AM by Katie Calhoun » Logged

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Fester Shinetop

Sipping on gin and Mango juice.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »

I have always thought it was weird how people react to sexy pictures that some use for their characters. It's just a picture for god's sake but they do work and work well.  I was a bit surprised you would have to make a post about 'characters' flirting with yours, FAD. I have seen a couple of guys playing women get hit on IC and didn't think nothing of it.  Wink Whether you are male or female and you put a picture of a big boob female in your profile ...you will have guys drooling over you.

Just ask Neil Tathers.

Incidently; my character is fleshy meatbag, but I am rogue AI. Looking for similar.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »

Ha!

Raffles

Swords 'n' silks

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »

Ha-ha! The joke's on you, Blue Bird. I've emptied the treasury and done a runner! The royal carriage is up on bricks, so you won't be able to follow me. Give my regards to Blackbeard and the Gorilla.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »

Well. And so, we start from scratch.

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »

Can I be Queen of Raktam? My last sign up as queen of Delpuk was rejected Sad

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »

Exiled or deposed royalty from foreign dominions are welcome as part of the Court.

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »

I am actually from Raktam. Hey, weren't you from Dalpok? Perhaps we can switch and be queens of each other's village.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 04:27:05 AM »

That doesn't work so well.

Taiaka

Numb Goat Punch Go!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »

Puerto Rico....but otherwise spot on.  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up