Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 19, 2018, 09:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Psychology of Forum / Message Board Personality Archetypes?  (Read 10446 times)
Cobalt Manticore

"Shartak = Share +/- Take! Which Do You?"

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:47:10 AM »

Here's an old favorite of a website dedicated to caricatures of various internet archetypes. Some you may recognize, some you may Be, others you may be Fortunate to Never have to encounter, others would still be interesting to Meet.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

It's an interesting study, I think, from forum to forum how certain folks have reminded me of others I've already dealt with. How the anonymity of the internet brings out other sides to people. This isn't addressed to personally attack anyone, just take an objective look-see. Could be worth the chuckles and ah-hahs.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:38 AM »

Hmm. After much searching, I think I've found my match.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:25:34 AM »

reading through i was going to post the ones i felt i was like but turns out, just pick one of the weaselly ones and im close to it. or ones that include poor sentence structure.

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Cobalt Manticore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:21 AM »

I've Tried for http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigcat.htm whenever possible but have gotten too overly irritated in past to claim such a mellow demeanor, lol. I'm much calmer these days, yes, I'm better now. Shocked

andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »

i could see myself as a big cat, if it was 'fatty beardo cat'

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Raffles

Swords 'n' silks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:09 PM »

I'm gonna settle for Profundud Maximus
Cobalt Manticore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »

Option#2 for me mighta been http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm hyuk hyuk.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 03:41:11 AM »

Raffles my good man, why call yourself a masquerader of genius when you are the genuine article?

I don't normally toot my own horn, and yeah, I think I'm lonely guy, though, I, uh, hang out every now and then. With, uh, friends.

Where else but the internet am I going to get the freudian scraps mum and dad didn't give me?
Cobalt Manticore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:56 AM »

"Tehy seez me Tro-llin, Tehy Ha-tin", lol.

Saw a pic on the net of a buncha treasure trolls, stuck to the top of a piiimpin ride, with that caption on it. Catchy tune, brought to mind a previous forum, gone horribly downhill, that I Gladly departed from years ago.

Billfred

The Fabled Owl of York

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »

Weenie is a very sensitive guy, and it angers and saddens him that everyone isn't just as sensitive as he. An admitted male feminist, Weenie is ever vigilant against anti-progressive attitudes. Though he seldom comes into personal contact with the working classes, he keenly feels the pain of their oppression nonetheless . Weenie's chief antagonists are Troglodyte, Evil Clown, Capitalista and sometimes Ideologue. Because of his natural petulance Weenie can easily be goaded into battle, but he is encumbered by a tendency to throw temper tantrums when severely pressed.

Me?

Billfred - Elephant Hunter - active
Bluebeards Leg - Trader - inactive
Getsome Food - York Patriot - inactive
Hexoatl - Healer and Exorcist - inactive
pirate eater - PK'er - active

Billfred (me) - troll, bad flamer, and tired.
Cobalt Manticore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »

Big Evil ClownCat Shrugs?

Nursie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »

This thread gave me an uncontrollable shame laugh.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »

Shartak is where the flotsam and jetsam of the internet tends to wash up. I don't have any remorse over it.
Cobalt Manticore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »

Take heart that there are places Worse than Shartak. Gaming communities gone all to hell and outta control due to lax admoderation and the poor self controls of their members. Here's quite tolerable by comparison, lol. Something must be getting done right as far as here goes.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »

Q2019 forum is pretty horrendous. I was there for a month or two before the lack of friendly people and the interminable repetitiveness of the game itself drove me out.

Oddly, I still play UD despite that.

Most gaming forums in general seem to be cesspits to a greater or lesser degree.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: