Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 22, 2018, 04:22:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skull Island (Rakmogak & Greater Rakmogak)  (Read 5188 times)
Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:44 AM »

Just a thread where you can post things that happen on Skull Island (which isn't very much...)
Since your last move:
happy trauma makes the native power sign, by raising his fist upright (2011-11-28 14:02)
happy trauma says “I am looking for ClickClick. My village brother Pawakan told me he was in Rakmogak. If you see him, please tell him I am here.” (2011-11-28 14:02)
Gorry Louis says “I be havin' me tavern re-opened agin, so's any man-eater who be wantin' ter take a load off be sure ter come in, jes' next door ter yon traders hut. No eatin' me.” (2011-11-28 14:19)
Ur-Zakunrun kills The Undead Gourmet with a knife. (2011-11-29 03:06)
Ur-Zakunrun carves pieces off the body of The Undead Gourmet and begins eating! (2011-11-29 03:06)
Ur-Zakunrun carves pieces off the body of The Undead Gourmet and begins eating! (2011-11-29 03:06)
Ur-Zakunrun kills Grez with a machete. (2011-11-29 03:10)
Ur-Zakunrun carves pieces off the body of Grez and begins eating! (2011-11-29 03:11)
Ur-Zakunrun carves pieces off the body of Grez and begins eating! (2011-11-29 03:11)

Hot damn! How exciting.
Cobalt Manticore

"Shartak = Share +/- Take! Which Do You?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »

Scorponok chitters in amusement and clacks his pincers as a type of applause.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:32:41 AM »

A survey of Rakmogak reveals three dead bodies and otherwise, not a single living soul on the island.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:12 AM »

Looks at the season of red thread, looks at this post, looks back at that thread.

Makes perfect sense to me.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »

It is certainly an itinerant population. Kind of like Canadian backpackers in Europe.

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »

I have made a commitment to start a character there, so I look for animals to earn some Xp to develop my guy and found three...

No wonder there are so few cannibals..it should be a stronghold that the outsiders look to raid and have glorious battles with but it seems an afterthought in game.

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »

No wonder there are so few cannibals..it should be a stronghold that the outsiders look to raid and have glorious battles with but it seems an afterthought in game.

The cannibols are a nomadic island people who were masters of health warfare. To put this in perspective, the modern country of canibgolia is often claimed as the most sparsely populated cousub-island in the world. Grunkhis Khan united the cainbolian tribes and did away with the traditional class system in his army. In addition, the cabolds took on many different ethnic groups (they ate them) absorbing many of the other nomadic peoples especially those of central Shartak into the fold (of their sandwiches). Their military tactics were ruthless, but effective. Using the standard techniques of nomadic raiders and then augmenting and improvising, the muggles were never afraid to use genocide against groups who opposed their democracy. They put so [/u]much fear into their enemies that the caboobuhbal hordes feature prominently among the folklore of Wksik, Derpy, and the York.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:01:03 PM by Killian » Logged
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »

Dalpok's even more deserted. So far it's just Gorry, the Duke of Dubin, and ten million posts of anti-gorry graffiti.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »

I have made a commitment to start a character there, so I look for animals to earn some Xp to develop my guy and found three...

When Grunk took over leadership of the Collective, one of his rules was never stay in one place to long, and that Rakmogak was not our home, and we needed to embrace the philosophy that our home was wherever we were at the moment, and since 90% of cannibals seem to be in the Collective, this is the main philosphy of the cannibals, making Skull Island more of a ghost camp than anything else.

Sometimes cannibals stop at home, but since it's so isolated, there doesn't really seem to be a push to make it a fortress or anything.  So come visit Skull Island, while us real cannibals eat your relatives.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 01:01:39 AM »

Dalpok's even more deserted. So far it's just Gorry, the Duke of Dubin, and ten million posts of anti-gorry graffiti.

OOC: Dalpok has been a ghost town for a long while. I think there are 3 semi-regular inhabitants. My pirate passed through a while ago, killed Aintgottimetobleed, found no one else, and moved south.

I think it is a different issue from Rakmogak. As Neil implies, cannibals tend to be offensive capability characters with no reason to be at their home camp. Wiksik and to a lesser extent Raktam have role playing to keep them going. Dalpok never developed anything like that. (I tried twice over the years to instal a monarchy there but both times failed.)

I haven't had a character in Durham for around 6 months but I'm guessing that town is also dead.

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »

Durham did have the Italian Mob, until people run that out of business. 

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »

Durham did have the Italian Mob, until people run that out of business. 

How odd. Machetti told me he left voluntarily.

OOC: Dalpok has been a ghost town for a long while. I think there are 3 semi-regular inhabitants. My pirate passed through a while ago, killed Aintgottimetobleed, found no one else, and moved south.

I think it is a different issue from Rakmogak. As Neil implies, cannibals tend to be offensive capability characters with no reason to be at their home camp. Wiksik and to a lesser extent Raktam have role playing to keep them going. Dalpok never developed anything like that. (I tried twice over the years to instal a monarchy there but both times failed.)

I haven't had a character in Durham for around 6 months but I'm guessing that town is also dead.

Pretty much. I'm suprised York is doing so well in comparison. We have no major clans, and apart from FAD's visit a little while ago, nothing's really changed that I can tell. But the population's growing and people keep talking.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 03:21:27 AM »

and since 90% of cannibals seem to be in the Collective,
I think it's more like 50%. Actually, about 41.5%- 17 out of 41. That is *pretty* darned impressive... I guess there's no real reason for an aggressive cannibal to *not* be in the collective, I think.

It seems though like the real factor is just the distance from the rest of the island (although I guess if you use the caves it's not *that* much farther than, say, the Shipwreck or Durham) and lack of much in particular to do, compounded by the aggressive tendencies of cannibals. It's incredibly inconvenient to use for attacking or peaceful trading, so the only uses I can think of are as a base to gather items in safely before returning to the mainland (which since Cannibals don't use poison darts, is really just healing herbs... so not necessarily worth a trip to stock up, and even if people do take such trips they'd be pretty rare), or to farm gold or hunt animals. The resultant lack of people thus means no people related reason- RPers, attackers, defenders, PKers- to hang around, which compounds this.

I guess if Rakmogak is low on animals as Jalal implied, adding more might be a good plan- that would especially be good for newbies to let them earn XP without having to swim the ocean or find the caves.

Grayson Hunt

Seafarin' Hearty - Edward McGill

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »

I know this is a month old but when I first started Ruh'sil, Rakmogak was rather busy and was under attack by a mad Yorker known as The HangedMan. I used the salt water/FAK method of leveling up. Despite it being boring, it was quick and allowed me to have he basic skills to be an efficient killer the moment I touched down on the mainland. The last time I was there I found the person holding the conch but since he was a cannibal I spared him.

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: