Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 22, 2018, 07:57:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DRUNKEN SKULL  (Read 19972 times)
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:07:37 AM »

NEW TAVERN ON SKULL ISLAND: THE DRUNKEN SKULL!

With the conquest of Skull Island by Raffles' Raiders complete, pirate and cannibal alike are looking around anxiously. And the question on everyone's lips is who'd come here in the first place? where's the rum?

Fear not, friends! The free market has you covered!

The Drunken Skull is: 

• The first bar to open in Skull Island since forever (?)
  • The only bar to take skulls as currency (1 skull for 1 rum, offer limited one per customer)
  • Located next door to the Trader's Hut in quiet 'Rakmogak' (name subject to change)
  • Owned and operated by White Devils founder Gorry Louie (he's only violent on the mainland)

The Drunken Skull is the place to be if you're horribly bored running around the island looking for something to kill/eat. All races welcome, no one gets turned away. Why, we'll even pay you! Now hiring: musicians, jugglers, fortune tellers, driftwood traders, wenches.

What are you waiting for? Grab your healing item of choice and swim across those shark-infested waters today!

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:07:47 AM »

It's taking awhile for me to get back to the bar, partly because I keep dying en route, but also because I've been searching for driftwood. I still want to do my part for the good pirates of Opiumjoeville though, so I borrowed one of FAD's old ideas and started a pirates graveyard.

Some helpful unknown person carved this whole area out. It's right by the shore (and a boatyard) and almost parallel to the shipwreck. It's perfect! Grab a few skulls from the Trader, some driftwood from the boatyard, and make a grave. Make your own grave or (if that's too morbid), honour one of our fallen mateys! Offerings of gold, rum, and charms seem appropriate, but there's probably plenty of pirates who died paupers. The best part is that it's close to where the roaming shaman dumps you when you get killed on Skull Isle, so it's convenient to boot!

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

Ah, cool. There is a cemetery on the island south of York, too.

Creepy. Appropriate locale.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
error

Shartak's least valuable player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »

Last Laugh wants to go to the pirate bar on the cannibal island. but I also want to hunt some Raktamis, or get bullets from Derby... well, I'll probably be dead soon enough, I'll let the wandering shaman decide where I'll be heading off for next.

Little Bunny Foo Foo The excitable adolescent.
Last Laugh The erratic antihero.
Alcohol Poisoning The easy-going auctioneer.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:39 PM »

Last Laugh wants to go to the pirate bar on the cannibal island. but I also want to hunt some Raktamis, or get bullets from Derby... well, I'll probably be dead soon enough, I'll let the wandering shaman decide where I'll be heading off for next.

Yarr, take yer time, I be jes' leavin' Rakky-tam naow wit' more rum 'n fakkers. E'en some beer fore yer landlubbin' tastes.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »

After a rocky settling-in period, I'm finally ready to start posting logs. Come on in to The Drunken Skull, Rakmogak's only tavern is alive and well (but needs more custom)!

qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “So...you pirates speak with a strange accent.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Where is that ship you wrecked from?” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “No you personaly, I meant you pirates.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Maybe that was a stupid question...I guess pirates aren't from anywhere in particular.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “But you must have been from somewhere before you became a pirate.” with a slight accent.

Scorponok holds up a bloodied skull.
Scorponok comes back empty handed, the Josiah has slipt into deep hiding, the missionary has finally been talked out of his fools quest to convert us to his silly false white angry fathergod.
Scorponok morphs to his more humanoid form and wonders what else to do now that the bible clutcher has fled, what else to hunt now that the god fearer has retreated. Looks for answers in here.

Gorry Louis shrugs. "Jes' don't look at me, natty."
You say “Yon maltese matey be jes' askin' me where yon pirates came from 'riginally. Brings up a good question, so t'does.” in the native language.
You say “Firs' I should be sayin' that naught all me mateys palaver like Ol' Gor'. Used ter be I talked jes' like any 'un white man. I started me adventurin' as a trader o' charms.” in the native language.
Gorry Louis pours himself another rum and takes a swig. "An' one day I be in Dalpok an' some big hairy bastard comes up ter me, shatters the bones in me leg with a wooden club, an' hacks out the tip..."
Gorry Louis swallows the rum in his mouth and opens wide. You see a wicked set of barbs sewn into his tongue. He closes it again. "Yarr, yer ships physicker aint skilled at healin', so's dey sewed me up bad."
You say “An' since then I caint talk but like an idjit. I kin still write me letters proper-like though. An' since then I bin huntin' the natty. Bastard's name what did it was ClickClick, an' I got 'em back.” in the native language.
Gorry Louis grins horribly. and wipes the table down with his snotrag and some salt water. "Crept up to 'em in the middle o' the night, beat ‘em half-dead, and cut his scalp off 'em. He aint hairy no more!"
You say “Yarr, but ye were askin' 'bout the origins o' the piratin' folk, an' the truth be tole I jes'
dunno. I came ter yon Shartak wit' me two brothers, an' on'y became a pirate when me ships drew offcourse.” in the native language.
You say “One o' me brothers landed 'ere at yon Skull isle, but he be dead naow. Th'other landed at Durham but he be a good fer nothin' dandy s'far as I be consairned.” in the native language.
You say “But I reckon most o' yon pirates ye be seein' came off either The Bloody Jewel or yer Hell-Born Strumpet. The Jewel bin long destroyed, but yer Strumpet be the Ship ye see Wrecked on the shore.” in the native language.
You say “Dunno much 'bout either ship, really. Lotta politicking 'twixt the two, an' best fer me jes' ter steer clear.” in the native language.
Gorry Louis abruptly changes the subject. "Naow did I be callin' it or did I be false, but are ye naught a Maltese?"
You say “I met a Maltese pirate once but he died o' the typhoid. Must be a curiousin' story how a Maltese ended up as one o' ye flesh-eatin' types. Go on then, an' if'n ye need a beer to whet yer throat,” in the native language.
You say “arrr, I be sure we kin work somethin' out.” in the native language.

qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “That is correct. The isle of Malta...a terrible place.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Little white savage Maltese dog run wild in packs.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Thier hair grows so long and matted that most of them can't even use thier legs anymore.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “They just kind of roll around.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Savage beasts!” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Scorponok, I am pleased to hear that you took care of that bible thumper.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “He was getting really annoying.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “I tried to talk some sense into him...explained that Monotheism always leads to trouble.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “But he just got all righteous on me.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Should have killed and eaten him on the spot.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel hands Gorry another skull.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Another rum, please.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel gives you a skull.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Sorry I brought up your, er, accent.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “Say, a friend of mine, Eris, was just abandoned by her husband, Carreau...” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “...either of you seen the blagard?” with a slight accent.

Scorponok only knows that the Carro and the Shinytop stand in Unity on an Island shaped like a half eaten seal pup.
Scorponok has to stock up in preparation for the next incursion.

qattiel ikunu l-ikel says “That Scorponok knows more than he admits.” with a slight accent.
qattiel ikunu l-ikel gives you a bunch of poisonous berries. x2
qattiel ikunu l-ikel gives you a Club Palermo pint glass.

Gorry Louis wakes up from his nap, looks over at the ghastly skull on the bar. "Arrr ye be wanting another?" He fishes a rum out from the trapdoor on the floor and puts it on the bar. "Tharr when ye want it."
You say “Thank ye for the glass an' the berries, be a good tip fer Ol' Gor, aye.” in the native language.
Gorry Louis takes a bottle of beer from the coldbox behind the bar and pours himself a tumbler's worth in the glass, takes a slow sip. "Aye, tastes better in a clean cup." He reflects for a moment. "S'good."
You say “Haird ye mention summit 'bout Eris? Askin' 'bout her? Surprised ye know o' her, bein' a natty an' all. I pay her an offerin' whenever I chance 'pon her tread. Naught fer a while though.” in the native language.
You say “Dint know she got married up, but it aint a shocker. Ol' Eris got a reputation fer famous appetites, e'en among ye piratin' folk. Per'aps that be how ye know her? Appetites, aye?” in the native language.
Gorry Louis chuckles. "Aye, last I haird she had a church on Unity 'long wit' Fester as her acolyte. Bin down to Unity a few months past, on stopover from yon ghost ship." He shivers thinking about it.
You say “Dint see either o' them the whole time I bin tharr, nothin' but jungle an' strange windin' trails goin' nowhere seems like. odd writin' too, naught yer natty kind. Couldn't make sense o' any o' it.” in the native language.
You say “Dunno who Carreau be, be soundin' like one o' 'em francos from 'Erby. He be e'en more o' fool 'n his people be known fer if'n he abandoned yon goddess o' chaos though.” in the native language.
You say “Her pantheon o' discordians got inter a tussle wit' yer petey cult few years back, when I still be tradin'. Petey be no 'un ye want on yer bad side true 'nuff, but yon discordians, they kin curse ye.” in the native language.
You say “Ol' Gor' t'would rather be kilt a dozen times then cursed by Eris an' her kin. The curse don't kill ye, leastwise not right away, but it kin drive a man ter disease, ter rotgut or jes' plain bad luck.” in the native language.

qattiel ikunu l-ikel drinks the rum.

Scorponok has to admit, this Gorry one is something of a local Miracle, a Pirate that's Lived for This long Undisturbed in the midst of Cannibals.
Scorponok holds up a bloodied skull.
Scorponok gives you a skull. x2
Gorry Louis pours Scorponok some more rum. "Aye, naught much longer naow though. Soon I be goin' explorin' round the Skull ter see wot I kin see, then it's back ter resupplying on the mainland."
You give a bottle of rum to Scorponok.x2

Scorponok curiously inspects the bottle of strong smelling vaporous liquid. He then devours the bottle whole and exits the bar shuddering oddly.

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

For those of you thinking this is just another mediocre gimmick tavern in the middle of nowhere that probably won't last six months, you're probably right. But what you don't know is that this is another mediocre gimmick tavern in the middle of nowhere that probably won't last six months...with the only in-house conch shell in existence!

I got the Conch! Come and get it! And while you're at it, why not stop in for a rum? I'll be right along after I revive.

Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 03:31:41 AM »

I had the conch, but then someone killed me on Midway Island Cry
Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »

A Phoenix gracefully enters the tavern carrying a parchment in its beak, it drops the parchment in front of Gorry Louis and suddenly bursts into flames in its tortured state it leaves the tavern to enter its stage of reincarnation.

The parchment reads

Dear Mr Louis

I understand in your possession was an item of mystical property which some term the conch. It is likely that this item has now been removed from your person with that aside I would enjoy your company in discussion of the conch and its properties.

There is no need to reply for I am already on my way.

Kindest Regards

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

I shall also return to RAgmackock to resume my Mission to the Cannibals. I had many conversions during the first Mission, and I hope for many more. The Holy Spirit has left York and the city now stands mired in filth, so I shall leave it. I shall return one day when the Spirit compels me.

What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you say fuddle duddle or something like that?
-- PET
Cobalt Manticore

"Shartak = Share +/- Take! Which Do You?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:42 AM »

Scorponok looks forward to your return, has had to settle for killing your converts to free their Native spirits from their Outsiderated minds. Considers his version of Con-version more truthful and straightforward.

Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »

Harming my simple converts who simply want to live in the love and peace of Jesus Christ, learning the gift of literacy and writing? O, SATAN! I shall crush thine head 1,000 times! I shall smite thee as the BIBLICAL JOSIAH, ancient king of ISRAEL, smited the Canaanites and purged their Moloch sacrifice of children from the HOLY LAND!

What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you say fuddle duddle or something like that?
-- PET
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »

What we really need is a Rakmogak prizefight.

Cobalt Manticore

"Shartak = Share +/- Take! Which Do You?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »

Scorponok scans the surrounding jungle and tracks eagerly. The Josiah unit's followers he's found are dead still or in hiding. Gorry's rum drinks heal up his few minor scrapes from fights with animals he's had to settle for instead of scraping the missionary's skull clean for a new gravestone in the new graveyard up north.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »

A Phoenix gracefully enters the tavern carrying a parchment in its beak, it drops the parchment in front of Gorry Louis and suddenly bursts into flames in its tortured state it leaves the tavern to enter its stage of reincarnation.

The parchment reads

Dear Mr Louis

I understand in your possession was an item of mystical property which some term the conch. It is likely that this item has now been removed from your person with that aside I would enjoy your company in discussion of the conch and its properties.

There is no need to reply for I am already on my way.

Kindest Regards

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hehe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: