Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 25, 2018, 04:15:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Ship Expedition  (Read 42198 times)
KingBiscuit

LOOK OUT

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:52:12 AM »

Across the island, talking drums thump and coconut radios buzz. In every language, the message is the same. Pirates are on the move.

Oh woe, woe to Shartak! For the pirates, though grown fat with plunder and lazy with drink, are coming, oh yes, how they are coming! With cutlass and pistol, with eyepatch and parrot, they move across the jungles and shores, hooting and hollering with a stench most unholy!

Hide not your daughters, bury not your gold! They have not come for such temporal pleasures! Oh no, they seek something vastly more insubstantial... something, dare I say... eldritch! For they seek the Goode Shipe Lollypop and none shall stop them.

Captain Low of the newly incorporated Pirate Low Command seeks to bring glory to his command! OpiumJoe, lost in opium-addled phantasies, has promised to swallow a ghost whole! So too has some random pirate OpiumJoe met in Club Palermo who's name he has forgotten in his opium-swallowings! Probably the Prisoner!

Who else shall join this motley assortment? Sign your X on the post, scallywags, or mark yourself forever as a landlubber and parrot-fondler.

Also, would some wealthy benefactor care to put up some cash to maybe hire the NAMG to act as scouts/spotters/assault troops? We could bring back ghost slaves in trade.

LET'S DO THIS

“I’m an Indian tonight, baby,” he announced. “C’mon, let’s let ’em have it.” Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »

Captain Low stands on the northern shore and takes a swig from an old, blackened bottle of rum, his blistered lips tearing themselves into a tangled sneer.

Argh, the Good Ship Lollypop, whar she blow? My hands be sore from shark stranglin' and the bottoms of my feet be blistered clean off from wadin' the shallows in new boots. I's got me some scores to pick and bones to settle with Captain Briggs and his crew, that be for truth. Any free-booter worth his salt best make his'selves known, lest you aim t' body surf back, barnacled and bloodied, with the black tide. Mayhaps I's just warshed up here m'self, but ole Captain Low be havin' his eye on you 'wags, you can set y'er watch and warrant on it.

They say you can't take it with you, so let's free these spirits of their burden and send 'em back to Davy Jones.

- Captain Lord Vesuvius Low

OOC: Most of the NAMG may be currently working for Giovanni Machetti in York. Not to say none would take the job, just that it might be a clash of interests.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Raffles

Swords 'n' silks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:17:26 PM »

I'm for hire, but I only take payment in advance. Bit low on gold after the mutiny. In retrospect, hiring the entire crew from Skull Island, then providing poison berries and bottles of salt water as the only supplies was naive.

Please find enclosed my résumé. It can be summarised as killing people and being killed by people.

Call it 50 gold and a bottle of rum for Pollyanna.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:21:39 PM by Raffles » Logged
Johnny Hobo

Mister Longshanks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »

I'll offer 50 gold to fund the services of a scout for the Ghost Ship. You'd have to come to Durham for the gold, though.

I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians.
Some call that anarchism,
I call it having a :palm:ing heart that beats!
I do believe in freedom and never giving up.
Call my methods madness or call them luck.
I do what I got to, to feel able to breathe!
And if you quit your job well, you can do a little breathing with me.
KingBiscuit

LOOK OUT

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »

Good man!

“I’m an Indian tonight, baby,” he announced. “C’mon, let’s let ’em have it.” Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.
Mortis

Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:10 AM »

Mortis: Well, I'm no pirate, but I was, sometime ago, assigned to research The Ghost Ship. Maybe I could aid a scout in locating and tracking the ship?

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »

I suppose we kin let a dead man slip in among our ranks. Just don't let me catch you smugglin' out any of the loot.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »

In the interests of scientific research C Whitty throws in 50 gc to help fund the scouting

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »

It's probably a scam
* Swarm holds his gold coins close to his chest
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »

Thar she blows!! [-70.647,+26.400]

I suppose it be up to Captain Low to find the ole girl m'self. Now quit yer splashin' around and get over here.

Edit: Argh, okay this gettin' kicked overboard every five seconds is really a plank in me craw, if'n ye be knowin' what I be sayin'.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:51:15 PM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

KingBiscuit

LOOK OUT

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

Captain Atrocious and OpiumJoe have successfully mounted the Ghost Ship Lollypop and slain the ectoplasmic Captain Briggs! HUZZAH!

Mortis

Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

Thar she blows!! [-70.647,+26.400]

I suppose it be up to Captain Low to find the ole girl m'self. Now quit yer splashin' around and get over here.

Edit: Argh, okay this gettin' kicked overboard every five seconds is really a plank in me craw, if'n ye be knowin' what I be sayin'.

She sure has strayed far from where I last spotted her.
It'll take some time to make the trip.

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 11:37:39 PM »

where exactly is that near so I can head that way?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Captain Jacobi

Currently ranting like a lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:15 AM »

Captain Jacobi is on the ship right now, although I have to say Pistols are an absolute pain to find.

I have nothing to provide for funding, although I would appreciate a heal.

KingBiscuit

LOOK OUT

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 05:23:18 AM »

It's north of the Durham peninsula.

Anyone got a new GPS fix? I got dumped.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: