Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 20, 2018, 08:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE HANGED MISFIT BAR  (Read 75449 times)
Cobalt Manticore

"Shartak = Share +/- Take! Which Do You?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »

Good thinking, no need to thin the hide of the rhino, just to make a bigger horn on it's nose.

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: October 24, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »

2013-10-24 03:19
±Esrays killed ±Black Rum
±Esrays killed ±Tuttle Freely
2013-10-24 03:18
±Esrays killed ±Josephine
2013-10-24 03:17
±Esrays killed ±captain dervish
2013-10-24 03:16
±Esrays killed ±Deus257

2013-10-24 03:20
±Muad Dib killed ±Eos
±Muad Dib killed ±Pake Chwal
±Muad Dib killed ±Bernard Montgomery
±Muad Dib killed ±Maria Cornelia
2013-10-24 03:18
±Muad Dib killed ±Malo
±Muad Dib killed ±Mandrill of Paradise
±Muad Dib killed ±Heart Disease
2013-10-24 03:10
±Muad Dib killed ±Hodor

do svidaniya, pirozhki

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Vandaxxan

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »

Good job!
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »

The bar appears unnaturally quiet and aside from the swamp area Derby is relatively still.

Should we not commemorate the achievements of the Misfits past present and future, they who have held Derby together for so long - I suggest some form of steampunk statue or a permanent sign erected near the bar?

I am happy to donate for this but could someone provide an image that could be used?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »

fluffheads sellin six packs of homebrew banana beer for the cost of a gem, maybe hes stealing business away?

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 09, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »

The bar appears unnaturally quiet and aside from the swamp area Derby is relatively still.

Should we not commemorate the achievements of the Misfits past present and future, they who have held Derby together for so long - I suggest some form of steampunk statue or a permanent sign erected near the bar?

I am happy to donate for this but could someone provide an image that could be used?

If they're really gone, I'd rather remove all traces of them from history, not build a cenotaph.

Shroombaker says “Who was it that was looking for Dani al..la-ka-zam?
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 11, 2014, 03:09:57 AM »

*Grins* I go on vacation and you want to delete my name from the game? 0.o Jalal, that is sweet of you to come up with such a great idea. It is true that many really don't understand, realize or even care what the Misfits and I have achieved in Derby in the last 5 years. I suppose i could get snicky and say their loss but that would be a bit mean. I wish I was one that could have written about the things we had done but I am actually a bit shy and writing it myself seems like bragging which is hard for me to do. Sillie huh...

Like many I needed a break and so did several others. Right now a couple of us are playing Uncharted Waters Online which I have been playing since last year.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:15:34 AM by Katie Calhoun » Logged

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 11, 2014, 03:15:00 AM »

this needs deleted...my computer farted.

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 12, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »

You should not be shy for what you have achieved and through the adversity you faced even on occasion from me.

If anyone can come up with a jpeg we could use - even some misfit input would be good?

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 12, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »

You should not be shy for what you have achieved and through the adversity you faced even on occasion from me.

If anyone can come up with a jpeg we could use - even some misfit input would be good?

How about a ball and chain?

Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »

It is true that many really don't understand, realize or even care what the Misfits and I have achieved in Derby in the last 5 years. I suppose i could get snicky and say their loss but that would be a bit mean. I wish I was one that could have written about the things we had done but I am actually a bit shy and writing it myself seems like bragging which is hard for me to do. Sillie huh...

I could write up a history of The Misfits but like Katie says, let's not be mean. Instead I'll offer an extended analogy:

When I first got into this game back in early 2010, I used to read old forum threads to get a feel for the setting. One of my favourite clans was the then recently departed GSUC, and the character De La Coiffe in particular. Hey, they conquered Wiksik! They united all 3 outsider villages! They roleplayed as pig-headed colonials! Cool beans! I unwisely shared this admiration at some point and was shocked to find so many of the vets utterly loathed the GSUC. They were appalled by my idea of revisiting the GSUC in any way. I thought at the time, maybe they just don't like having roleplay forced on them, or maybe...

But I did a little more digging [I was a real sleuth back then] and discovered the real reason: see back then the mods deleted threads instead of locking them, so there was all this forum rage I never saw. And why was there so much drama? Because the GSUC was chock-full of griefers, zergers, and trolls. They were thugs whose never-ending, nasty, frequently out-of-character behaviour nearly broke the game. They might have started out as roleplayers, but that creative well apparently dried up quickly. With few exceptions, every player I talked to who was around for them were glad they were gone, and preferred to forget they ever existed.

Like I said, I wasn't around for the GSUC, but I was around for most of the Misfits' existence. And I now know exactly how the vets of 2010 felt when I suggested doing something to honour the legacy of the GSUC. The difference, I suppose, is that Jalal isn't a naive newbie. That just makes the idea all the more baffling IMO.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:50:40 PM by Dani » Logged

Jalal

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »

Ah but you see old friend i let bygones be bygones and there are those in the game who will truly miss them

That being said i think anyone who makes an impact in the game should be remembered...oh for the days of Anthor and his battles in Wiksik or SOAP raiding Raktam...Raktam you say? What glorious times we had in the court now just a faint memory.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 14, 2014, 04:04:41 AM »

Quite out of character: there's a big difference between the Misfits and the GSUC. The GSUC used zergs to target and kill characters in Raktam to such an extent that there was simply no point remaining or re-spawning in Raktam. The GSUC killed the game in Raktam. The Misfits, on the other hand, haven't really extended themselves beyond peacekeeping in Derby and the swamp, and that peacekeeping with remarkable fairness. I say this as an opponent (in at least one guise) of the Misfits.

The pub itself is a very adequate monument to the group.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Dani

drama queen in recovery.

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 14, 2014, 04:34:21 AM »

Quite out of character: there's a big difference between the Misfits and the GSUC. The GSUC used zergs to target and kill characters in Raktam to such an extent that there was simply no point remaining or re-spawning in Raktam. The GSUC killed the game in Raktam. The Misfits, on the other hand, haven't really extended themselves beyond peacekeeping in Derby and the swamp, and that peacekeeping with remarkable fairness. I say this as an opponent (in at least one guise) of the Misfits.

Then you weren't griefed and zerged by them.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 14, 2014, 05:24:15 AM »

Hmm. No.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: