Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
January 22, 2018, 07:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Demon Bear of Wiksik  (Read 6293 times)
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »

There was once an ancient legend whispered among the elders and kings of old that spoke of a chaotic beast which dwelt beneath the village of Wiksik. Some of the men were driven to madness, others to greed; the story was long-forgotten and one by one each of them succumbed to the darkness, where they died alone. Wiksik has endured many wars since then, but something has shaken the monster from it's quiet grave.

There is a new king under the mountain. It wears no crown and seldom sees the sun. It drinks from the spring of life and eats of the spoils of war, watching and waiting in the shadows.

It is The Demon Bear of Wiksik. You have summoned it with your wars and your bombs and your guns and you shall never be rid of it now.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 07:03:07 AM »

Such a monster!

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

Wiki article forthcoming.

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:00:45 AM »

The Demon Bear is stirred from it's slumber by a pitiful little man who shouts obscenities from the entrance and quickly scampers off into the light. His signposts leave behind dangerous orders, which if followed, would surely release an unspeakable horror upon the innocent villagers stirring on the surface, blissfully unaware of the beast that lies below, chained to the darkness by a mere thread.

Since your last move:
Edwin gives you a poison dart. (2010-10-20 18:58)
Edwin says “I see...you arrive, and decide this is your cave, slaughtering the residents and pretending you've been here all along...how unimpressive. Hardly befitting a legend...or even a clown.” (2010-10-20 19:18)
Stuck in the ground is a makeshift sign pointing north-west. On the top is a skull. It reads “10 gold for every confirmed bear kill. See trader Edwin.”
You attack the signpost with a knife and smash it to pieces.
Stuck in the ground is a makeshift sign. It reads “10 GP for every confirmed Demon Bear kill, below. See trader Edwin.”
You attack the signpost with a knife and smash it to pieces.

Edwin: http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=5439

The Demon Bear breaks the silence with a low growl, calmly splintering the driftwood and returning to sleep. It would be most pleased to have the head of this stranger laid at it's feet.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:23:09 AM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Mortis

Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:09:59 AM »

Such a monster!

Uther: That one made me laugh!

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »

Wiki Article

http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/Demon_Bear_of_Wiksik

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:36:37 AM »

A visitor speaks, but The Demon Bear has no time for idle banter.

Since your last move:
THE ROCK6 says “i LOST” (2010-10-22 01:31)
The Demon Bear wakes violently from it's slumber and snarls, flashing large, gruesome fangs. You glance around frantically, the only apparent exit lies in the corner southwest of here, across the pool.
The Demon Bear glares at you with crimson eyes, seeking only death. Your only hope is to run southwest and then climb upwards, towards the surface.
The Demon Bear stand up on it's hind legs, towering over you. It's growl echoes from all around and a swarm of bats escapes through the cave entrance. Time's running out.

azuma

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 06:22:36 AM »

(ooc) Good ol' oglaf. I find the one about the flat bear pretty funny as well. For anyone not familiar with the wes bite and curious, very nsfw. 

Apologies all around for not staying on topic.
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »

/waits for a clan to be started to hunt The Demon Bear. 

On a side note.  I like your angle on this Bobby, playing as though an NPC, pretty cool idea. 
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 05:48:58 PM »

A second traveler stumbles into the cave. The Demon Bear quickly mauls him, but as the beast grows tired with rage and the poor man lies bleeding, a single strike from certain death, the meddling pedant returns.

The Demon Bear growls.
You attack Gozer with a machete for 2 damage. They drop to 2 HP.
Since your last move:
Edwin says “That should help. Gozer, you obviously understand now that this "Demon Bear" is really just a cowardly child hiding in the darkness, and ought to be spanked thoroughly...feel free.”
Edwin says “Bear, I maintain that you're an impotent . Good day.”

A sacrifice must be made, quickly, lest The Demon Bear find itself released, striking terror upon the innocent surface dwellers.

Since your last move:
Wiksik Shaman says “I come to give myself to the bear and to protect Wiksik” (2010-10-23 17:01)
Wiksik Shaman attacks you with a dagger for 1 damage. (2010-10-23 17:01)
You hear Wiksik Shaman whisper “Feel anger, smell the blood and strike” (2010-10-23 17:01)
You hear Wiksik Shaman whisper “You are but a pup but in time you will serve us and protect Wiksik from the white devils” (2010-10-23 17:03)
Wiksik Shaman attacks you with a dagger for 1 damage. (2010-10-23 17:04)
Wiksik Shaman gives you a dagger. (2010-10-23 17:04)
Wiksik Shaman says “taste the dagger feed the frenzy” (2010-10-23 17:04)
Wiksik Shaman says “Smell Gozer's blood feed on us both” (2010-10-23 17:15)
The Demon Bear roars angrily. A loud echo thunders across the cavern, shattering the silence.
The Demon Bear eyes the shaman suspiciously, slowly dropping to all fours and licking the blood from the dagger. It's eyes begin to glow a brilliant crimson.

Note: Gozer has indicated they have peaceful intentions and would appreciate not being killed.
You attack Gozer with a dagger for 1 damage. They drop to 68 HP.
The Demon Bear snarls. A voice eminates from the shadows. "I bow to no man. Gozer, bring me the head of Edwin. The shaman's sacrifice shall suffice, lest you wish to unleash my soul upon the surface."
[Time elapses and Gozer disappears without a word.]
The Demon Bear stands on it's hind legs, flashing it's teeth as Gozer runs off. "The enemy has fled in battle. Your offering of the bloody dagger has been well recieved. I do not require your flesh on this day."
You say “Return now to the surface and speak of what you have seen before I change my mind. I shall make my meal out of that traveler to the south. For now, I rest.”
The Demon Bear lumbers back to it's mound. The earth trembles as it slumps down at the top. It's crimson eyes watch you briefly as the brilliance fades and it succumbs to the solace of sleep.
You hear Wiksik Shaman whisper “We must look after you bear....if a time comes and you are hungry or ill then come and see me”
The Last Naga fires at you with a blowpipe for 4 damage.
You hear The Last Naga whisper “Nastybad teddything. HMPH! You like poofpoofdart? YOU BETTER! Gonna see lots of them soon! You are in SUCH deep yogurt! ”
The Last Naga says “Meanie!”
The Last Naga says “Hello nastybad teddything. You no leave naganaga's home? You in deep yogurt now.”
The Last Naga attacks you with a machete for 2 damage.

The wicked heart of man has failed yet again, as it did with brother Cain. The Demon Bear lies mere inches from death as the villagers lie asleep in their beds.

Since your last move:
You hear Ellipsis whisper “Vengeance is mine, bear!” (2010-10-25 10:18)
Ellipsis attacks you with a machete for 2 damage. (2010-10-25 10:18)
The Demon Bear growls wildly, rising onto it's hind legs, eyes flaring. "Release me, mortal, and damn the village."
[Time elapses. Poison takes the bear to one health before wearing off and the bear takes Ellipsis down to two.]
Ellipsis says “I have the upper hand, bear!” (2010-10-25 19:42)
Ellipsis attacks you with a machete for 2 damage. You die. (2010-10-25 19:42)

The Demon Bear's body slumps to the ground, defeated. It's black blood seeps into the underground pool as it's soul is released.

You attack Ellipsis with a machete for 2 damage. They die.
Underworld log successful.
The Demon Bear growls. "The old legends gave fair warning. For your vengeance, you have released an ancient evil onto your own people."

The Demon Bear rages across the land, spilling an ocean of blood in it's wake. As it rests among the living, a Knight approaches.

Since your last move:
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Demon Bear I like you....can we come to a common level and talk?” (2010-11-05 14:53)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “You are a free spirit and I applaud this” (2010-11-05 15:15)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “but for anyone there are laws in this town and a way to behave” (2010-11-05 15:20)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Can we help facilitate you in your feedings and this may alleviate your need to kill and scare the white folk” (2010-11-05 15:39)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “We would like Wiksik to be a fair land and I feel that the dart or sword is not always the best way forward” (2010-11-05 15:40)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Perhaps you would be interested in a mutual co-operation?” (2010-11-05 15:55)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “If not could we arrange some fair and cohesive boundaries?” (2010-11-05 15:56)
The Demon Bear snarls, watching the stranger with dull crimson eyes.
You say “Even a free spirit such as myself is bound by laws. Tooth and claw is all I know, sacrifice, blood and treasure all I require.”
The Demon Bear growls. "Words shall be met with words, violence with violence, sacrifice with sacrifice."
You say “There is great bravery and wisdom in you, perhaps it is why you are still standing here. Now tell me what is it you seek?”
The Demon Bear settles down into the shadows, two glowing eyes watching from the darkness, unblinking.
Dances with Kevin Costner says “To be blunt we seek friendship” (2010-11-05 19:49)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “sighs as he contemplates Wiksik and its future” (2010-11-05 19:49)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “the path ahead is difficult to see but we fear the future may be difficult for Wiksik” (2010-11-05 19:50)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “You fight with a passion and an honour that I have not seen in a long time ” (2010-11-05 19:50)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “We ask nothing of you but would you consider a mutual trust between us?” (2010-11-05 19:51)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Our small group wants to protect Wiksik and grow to link with the other native towns and be recognised as a force for trust and honour” (2010-11-05 19:53)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Qualities you were born with” (2010-11-05 19:54)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Demon Bear what do you seek? What feeds you? Can we communicate and build trust?” (2010-11-05 19:55)
You say “I am cursed to guard the cavern, seeking the blood of those who disturb me.”
You say “I am fueled by evil hearts that beat on the surface. The wars of men awoke me, stole my peace.”
You say “Now I shall never sleep. Awake, I am forced to endure the pain, sadness and hunger of my tortured existence.”
You say “When I am trapped within my den, I defend it at all costs. When I am slayed below and released to the surface, I seek only to kill.”
You say “Perhaps there can be communication and trust, but I bow to no one and serve only the hunger.”
You say “Who do you speak for? Your words imply that there are more of you. Do you speak for the King of Knights or the Lord of Liches?”
Dances with Kevin Costner says “I am interested in your existence can you be freed of this curse? Should it be considered a curse?” (2010-11-06 10:25)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “I would not expect you to bow to anyone Demon Bear, you are your own man and we respect that” (2010-11-06 11:44)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “I am involved with a number of other natives and a white man revolving around a group called KOW” (2010-11-06 13:01)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Wiksik is a land we wish to protect and we adorn the names of Knights to ourselves in honour of an old fairy tale ” (2010-11-06 13:01)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Can we save Wiksik can we build its strength and knowledge....maybe not Demon Bear but we will try ” (2010-11-06 13:02)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Well my friend I must return to my duties, but if you need me I will be here to help...say the word to any knight and to the death we would help” (2010-11-06 13:14)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:34:50 PM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »

After being returned to the cursed darkness for not even half a day's time, The Demon Bear is released to the surface once again.

Since your last move:
Calliope Grieve emerges from the shadows, eyes glittering a similar blue to the murky depths of the nearby pool. (2010-11-07 18:21)
Calliope Grieve slips into the darkness again...a whispersoft murmur of steel on leather... (2010-11-07 18:22)
Calliope Grieve attacks you with a cutlass for 3 damage. (2010-11-07 18:23)
Calliope Grieve skillfully pares the flesh from muscle, sinew from bone...the blade in, out, again--rhythmic and pristine, your lifeblood draining in the dim, spattering stone and more... (2010-11-07 18:24)
Calliope Grieve attacks you with a cutlass for 3 damage. (2010-11-07 18:25)
Calliope Grieve sheathes the blade...from far off, above the ringing in your ears she whispers close, intimate.... (2010-11-07 18:25)
You hear Calliope Grieve whisper “Edwin sends his love.” (2010-11-07 18:25)
Calliope Grieve attacks you with a dagger for 2 damage. You die. (2010-11-07 18:26)

Glorious sacrifice. The hunger must be served.

The Demon Bear growls. "Your fool, Nekrotzar, sent me to my grave. But I am now released, and the hunger must be served by the blood of those who would name him as their own."
You attack Baby Birch with a machete for 3 damage. They die.
The Demon Bear roars, crimson eyes glowing wildly as the blood drips from it's claws.
You attack Liberal Pi with a dagger for 2 damage. They die.
The Demon Bear howls with rage. "There shall be sacrifice!"
You attack Etherdrifter with a punch for 2 damage. They die.
The Demon Bear knocks down the Lord of the Lich with a thunderous blow, rearing back onto it's hind legs with a snarl. "Let it be known that the legends are true, my spirit has returned."
You say “My power is as vast as the underground, cursed blood courses through my veins, black as the deepest darkness. I bow to no man, serving only the hunger.”
You say “I demand sacrifice. Pity the man who draws my wrath upon his own people.”
The Demon Bear growls low, looking content. It shakes the blood from it's fur and lumbers out into the darkness.

Jahnam Nehkan attacks you with a knife for 2 damage. You die. (2010-11-08 19:07)
Jahnam Nehkan says “Back to the cavern with you, Demon Bear.” (2010-11-08 19:08)

In the darkness, Dances With Kevin Costner invites The Demon Bear to the Knighting ceremony.

The Demon Bear growls. "My place for now is here in the darkness, but perhaps I will attend. When will the ceremony take place?"
You say “And what sacrifice have the Knights to offer me, that I might not smite them down instantly in a furious rage?”
Dances with Kevin Costner says “The ceremony will be shortly...a matter of days I suggest and whilst your independence is recognised I would like you to be in attendance” (2010-11-12 11:17)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Any bond we can strengthen is a must” (2010-11-12 11:18)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Can the Knights offer you a sacrifice? Perhaps not......but I will Demon Bear ” (2010-11-12 11:19)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Pulls out knife and slashes it across his hand blood drips to the floor from his deep wound” (2010-11-12 11:23)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Become ny blood brother and let me look out for you” (2010-11-12 11:23)
The Demon Bear snarls and thrashes as it lumbers down from it's mound.
The Demon Bear grabs a jeweled dagger from the rubble, dragging it across it's clawed, almost human-like hand.
The Demon Bear roars, scattering bats from deep within the cavern. Black blood drips from it's furry palm as it extends it's mangled hand toward you. "Are you not afraid?"

The Demon Bear growls.
The Demon Bear howls with rage. "How dare you wake me from my slumber, tip-toeing fiend of children of the light!"
Note: Jesus H Christ has indicated they have peaceful intentions and would appreciate not being killed.
You attack Jesus H Christ with a punch for 2 damage. They die.

Since your last move:
Dances with Kevin Costner says “Fear is for the weak” (2010-11-13 00:10)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “extends his hand and clamps wound upon wound” (2010-11-13 00:11)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “From this day forward brother I hope to bear some of the burden of your curse” (2010-11-13 00:13)
Dances with Kevin Costner says “For now I must leave but I shall return when the ceremony is near” (2010-11-13 00:13)
Monkeyslayer gernuh. "Cuorr! Thimun thi culuneththi ar barnuh--Ething shuryun hum!" (2010-11-13 00:54)
Monkeyslayer attacks you with a dagger for 2 damage. You die. (2010-11-13 00:54)

Back on the surface, a strange visitor.

Niwallat slips into the hut glancing at the bear with weary eyes. He slides slowly along the wall and takes a seat in front of the beast. The man speaks in a slow low voice that soothes the shadows around. (2010-11-14 09:20)
Niwallat says “I came not to disturb your rest but have some of mine. You seem to be a beast of power. Albeit lost in fruitless pursuit from what I have heard down in the village.” (2010-11-14 09:21)
Niwallat pulls one glove and hands bear a small sack with his scarred hand. (2010-11-14 09:22)
Niwallat gives you 10 gold coins. (2010-11-14 09:23)
Niwallat says “I travel light and that is all that burdens my pockets as of now. I shall take rest here.” (2010-11-14 09:23)
Niwallat pulls out a broken dagger and hurriedly carves a crude sigil on the wood of the wall. (2010-11-14 09:24)
Niwallat scratches out what was carved on the wall. (2010-11-14 09:24)
Niwallat carves something onto the wall. (2010-11-14 09:24)
Niwallat leans against a big flute and let the eyes close down. (2010-11-14 09:51)
Carved on the wall is some writing. It reads “Ϡ”.
The Demon Bear growls, stirring from it's slumber and assessing the warrior with dull, crimson eyes.
The Demon Bear glances at the sigil on the wall and scoops up the sack of coins with a nod.
Niwallat opens his eyes in a swift flip. A few hours of sleep has passed. Niwallat takes a careful look at the beast in front of him. (2010-11-14 21:19)
Niwallat says “The sigil keeps the dreams away. Memories and scraps of time that haunt and devour. A shaman in Dalpok has taught me this, it has helped greatly in my path.” (2010-11-14 21:20)
Niwallat says “Should somebody be killed in their sleep, it keeps the spirit from splattering apart. I do not know about the dreams behind your fiery eyes.” (2010-11-14 21:21)
Niwallat pauses. (2010-11-14 21:21)
Niwallat says “You seem to be carrying much torment with you. It shall help you to see clearly. That is the path out.” (2010-11-14 21:22)
Niwallat nods and leaves the hut. (2010-11-14 21:23)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:08:30 AM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »

The silence is broken.

Chris Ortego gives you a cutlass.
You hear Chris Ortego whisper "A cutlass that took the life of a tiger..”
Chris Ortego gives you a dagger.
Chris Ortego gives you a dagger.
You hear Chris Ortego whisper “Two daggers that took the lives of two deer."
The Demon Bear growls at Chris Ortego, "Your offerings are most acceptable."
The Demon Bear scoops up the blades with a blackened, humanoid hand and proudly adds them to it's mound.
The Demon Bear sniffs at the rat and snarls. "The beast offers nothing but it's bite."
Regaining your balance after what would have been a complete miss, you manage a glancing blow.
You attack the rat with a dagger for 1 damage. It dies. You gain 4 XP.
The Demon Bear sniffs at Al contrario with a snarl. "The native offers nothing but his silence."
You attack Al contrario with a dagger for 2 damage. They die.
You collect the head of Al contrario and clean it up before adding the skull to what you're carrying.
Chris Ortego gains 5 health from a healing herb
Chris Ortego gains 5 health from a healing herb
The Demon Bear rises onto it's hind legs, dull red eyes glowing cruelly in the shadows. "For your gifts, the darkness of the cavern offers sanctum, as do I."
The Demon Bear growls. "Sleep well, and warn the others of what you have seen."

AliceBeth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »

* AliceBeth begins to sharpen her blades and smiles wickedly to herself.

"And so the hunt begins."

Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »

Hurrah! AliceBeth is back!

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
Mortis

Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »

* AliceBeth begins to sharpen her blades and smiles wickedly to herself.

"And so the hunt begins."

It is an honor to meet you, daughter of Etherdrifter.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: