Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
May 21, 2018, 02:10:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snake Eaters  (Read 66460 times)
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »

In Dalpok, a native hunter emerged from the jungle screaming of a horrific monster that ate his fellow hunters. Despite being somewhat sedated with a large number of alcoholic drinks, he continued to rant about it for several hours to anyone who would listen.

The first python has been taken down by native hunters. The death blow came from Taiaka, but now more of the beasts have been sighted in the jungles. I intend to kill them and eat them.

Snake Eaters: http://www.shartak.com/clanview.cgi?id=546

Anyone interested in coordinating on Python Hunts, feel free to join or coordinate here. Mongoose will pretty much stay on the run, focusing on rare game. I have to give credit to Ibn al Xuffasch and his conception of the Kraken Hunters, it's casual and it works, so I intend to keep things equally simple. I'll post sightings here and begin keeping a rough log of python kills and dedicated saboteurs to watch out for somewhere on the wiki.

The last python sighting was north of Dalpok, fairly recently: http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2968.0.html As soon as I gear up, I'm heading out to look for it.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Zen Gate

BAM!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »

5,000 cool points for the MGS reference.

I'll try to join as soon as I can practice with my heavy sword.
Iljimae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »

I joined but will need some time to get leveled up enough to do much. Will most likely be healing the hurt for now.

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »

No worries, I'm just a level 6 Scout myself. It'll just be some casual hunting from time to time. Kill a python here or there and then go back to doing whatever we were doing. Also, players don't necessarily have to join the clan to hunt with us, since many already have three groups. Just try to let the hunting party know that you're there to help or on the way, and don't sneak around or rip our hunters off, otherwise we'll start to get suspicious.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:54:59 PM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »

Just so you know, and I think you really need to know, you are now getting involved with the most dangerous animal on or off the island.  

Yes a Python is the most dangerous while attacking you for 14 damage, however a Hungry Python is a whole new can of beans.  

17 damage

I would very much like to make this kill, the life of my friends character has been claimed already, so of course I am dubious about posting the co-ords, call me selfish if you will.......and I guess it is................but then again I could really do with some help, hes one bad mother fudger.

PS: If you are reading this Neil, the wiki has been altered.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:04:15 AM by Milkchew » Logged
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »

Yeah, it's a brutal mother. I thought 14 plus constriction was bad enough. I also want to keep track of their stats and any new info we can gather on them. Since they're land-based and extremely deadly, they'll be a little easier to get to once we find them, so we might have to handle the coords through PMs and in-game broadcasts to minimize on sabotage.

I'll take another day or two to stock up and then I'm headin' out. I'm a little selfish too, but I figure once we all get a kill or two under our belt it won't be so bad. I have a feeling a lot of them are gonna end up hungry.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

You are quite right Sir.  They can kill so quick its mad, one attacked me twice in just over one minute, while I was logged out. 

If I cant kill the beast by 19:00 GMT ill be posting the co-ords to you via PM or on here for all. 
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »

I saw.  I was suitably impressed.

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »

I don't even mind holding off and letting you get the deathblow if we actually put a dent in it and you're still around, since you've been hackin' at it. I'll be at this fairly hardcore for a while and I still have to camp a heavy sword or two and train some skills before I'm really competent.

What was it's HP when you found it?

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »

Errr there is no way im gonna kill this on my own, it has re-generated im sure.  I got it to 150, and now its back to 180+ a few hours later......

The co-ords are -70.399,+26.531........good luck....god knows youl need it.  Its mental it seems everytime I attack it attacks right back with 17 damagem adb it only takse five of those before your screwed.  

Im still around the area, but keeping distance so to speak......it was 200+ when I found it and a standard Python.  

Edit: Got him to 154 but im toast now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:28:02 PM by Milkchew » Logged
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 11:03:44 AM »

Lost him

Canny find him now.  And looking at my last post man I mustave been tired, so many typos.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »

Where was this, approximately?

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

You attack the hungry python with a machete for 3 damage. It drops to 136 HP.
A hungry python attacks you for 17 damage.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:13:53 PM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »

En route

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »

I'm loaded to the brim with herbs (90+), but I'm still wandering into this pretty half-cocked as far as skills and swords go. If anyone's got some heavy artillery, I can heal and get some licks in until he gets low.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: