Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 25, 2018, 04:13:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngling Cannibal  (Read 7302 times)
Huli Bluebeard

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »

Hello and greetings to all my fellow cannibals from Rakmogak.

I am Huli Bluebeard and am looking forward to sharing a meal and tale with you. I've just started to wander around Skull Island, looking for supplies and honing my clubbing skills before I head out to the mainland for a good feed!

I would welcome any advice folks would care to share and if any cannibals have any tasks that need some assistance on the island I'll be glad to help out.

See you round the island,

Huli Bluebeard.

“CANNIBAL, n. A gastronome of the old school who preserves the simple tastes and adheres to the natural diet of the pre-pork period.”

- Ambrose Bierce

“But one can be a cannibal and still be honourable, just as one can be a glutton and still be honest. One does not exclude the other.”

- Jules Verne
Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

Hello and greetings to all my fellow cannibals from Rakmogak.

I am Huli Bluebeard and am looking forward to sharing a meal and tale with you. I've just started to wander around Skull Island, looking for supplies and honing my clubbing skills before I head out to the mainland for a good feed!

I would welcome any advice folks would care to share and if any cannibals have any tasks that need some assistance on the island I'll be glad to help out.

See you round the island,

Huli Bluebeard.

See:  http://www.shartak.com/clanview.cgi?id=364

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
Huli Bluebeard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 06:00:40 PM »

The Rakmogaki Collective sound like a great clan, thanks Solemn. I'll look into joining up with them to further the cannibal culture and traditions.

“CANNIBAL, n. A gastronome of the old school who preserves the simple tastes and adheres to the natural diet of the pre-pork period.”

- Ambrose Bierce

“But one can be a cannibal and still be honourable, just as one can be a glutton and still be honest. One does not exclude the other.”

- Jules Verne
Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »

Look into the Cult of Skyblood as well, if you're hankering an indigenous Rakmogaki religion.  Although not much is being done with it right now.

The Collective is the biggest and best cannibal-oriented clan around.  But there are also plenty of cannibals who make their living in other aspects as well.

Have fun with your food, and it'll all be grand either way.

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »

Most of us tend to hunt the mainland. Rakmogak tends to attract a lot of dangerous maniacs, so be careful when sleeping in the village or near someone you don't know. A lot of us eat our own and some are less discerning than others. For hunting, stock up on a steady supply of herbs. If you sleep on the beach or in shallow water, you generally won't have to worry about aggressive animals attacking you in your sleep.

The Wiki has a lot of useful information for getting started. Here are two links that focus on the Cannibal skills for beginners.
http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/The_Native_Path#Skills_For_A_Cannibal
http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/The_Native_Path#Cannibal_.28Hunter.29

You can't really go wrong with the Collective. It's the largest active Rakmogaki group and it's pretty casual. You can have membership in three groups at a time, so no need for commitment anxiety. Just be aware that being a member, let alone a cannibal, will probably make you a prime target to the long-pigs with boom-sticks that like to police the mainland.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Huli Bluebeard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

Thanks for the advice and the direct links, looks like I'll be doing a little hunting to gain some new skills. I'm not too worried about being a target, figure it'll be evident soon enough so I'll politely announce my intentions up front  by signaling my intentions to work with the Rakmogaki Collective Wink

- Ambrose Bierce

- Jules Verne
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »

I knew when I saw those ragged, purple pantaloons that we had a fighter on our hands.

Oh and welcome, welcome. Have fun and good luck. Feel free to post or PM any questions you might have along the way.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Vetari

YUN CU'THI JUHGER MUN!!! (You can't judge me!!!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 03:51:08 AM »

I should visit the IC forums more regularly, shouldn't I?

http://www.shartak.com/clanview.cgi?id=513

This is more of a seasonal Cannibal clan Tongue But functions mostly like the Collective.

Forum Rule of the Month:
* Try to stay on topic.  Don't hijack threads (without a good reason).

Active
Vicious
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »

Ah, the bloodstocks.

Whens the next one occuring, and where?  Raktam is a warzone right now, we could feed on the chaos there.

Vetari

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »

Haven't talked to Gorgoroth about it, but it seems we need some festivities to lighten things up, wouldn't you agree? Just hope this squirt shows up if we do hold one.

Forum Rule of the Month:

Active
Vicious
Huli Bluebeard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »

Do my best to attend any cannibal gathering, so long as my limited survival and navigation skills provide!

Dying far too often I think.

Soon as I get to level 5 I'll see about joining the Bloodstock.

- Ambrose Bierce

- Jules Verne
Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 10:47:47 PM »

Vetari, I've been meaning to ask for a while - but did you know there is an actual Bloodstock held in Derby, England when you came upi with the idea?

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
Vetari

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

Actually, I didn't... until you told me just now. Another one of those things that make me wish I were a British person.

To be honest, Gorgoroth and I just wanted something like a Woodstock for Shartak Cannibals, hence Bloodstock.

Forum Rule of the Month:

Active
Vicious
Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »

Hi. 

Welcome to the island.
Huli Bluebeard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 06:21:24 AM »

(2010-08-13 04:38) You attack Yaqitoacl with a wooden club for 3 damage. They die. You gain 40 XP.
(2010-08-13 04:38) Underworld log successful .
(2010-08-13 04:38) You carve pieces off Yaqitoacl and give thanks to the ancestors as you eat.
(2010-08-13 04:38) You feel slightly invigorated from the slabs of flesh you consume. You gain 3 XP.

Feels good to feast upon someone who preys upon the peaceful folk living in Rakmogak!

- Ambrose Bierce

- Jules Verne
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: