Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:39:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War In Wiksik  (Read 76509 times)
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:24:41 AM »

Seems like we have another war in wiksik.  The guild will be keeping records, as the keepers of wiksik we will be most interested in the outcome.

It is notable at this point that we will be siding with the KOW, as the previous KOS leadership left us embroiled in a war that it started.  It is regrettable that it has come to this, however as guildmaster I am quite enjoying trade with the outsiders, as are the majority of our members.  Peaceful members of the KOS have nothing to fear provided the more aggressive KOS members leave peaceful NG and KOW members alone.  Should this not be the case the guild will have to, unfortunately, retaliate.

A happy hunting to you all, when there is war the necromancers always win.

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

"There will be no miracle"

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »

Who is involved in this war, KOW vs. KOS? I was heading that way and might have to poke my head around. I'll choose my side at some point during the conflict.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:52:28 AM »

King Kuru has declared war on the peaceful within Wiksik.

I thank Etherdrifter for his support. The Kingdom of Wiksik considers the Necromancer's Guild not just close friends, but family... blood brothers.

I will also take this opportunity to send a request for help to the Royal Court of Raktam in defending the peaceful village of Wiksik against the blood horde of the Kingdom of Skulls. If Wiksik falls to cannibals, then who will be next... Raktam and Dalpok!

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 04:26:36 AM »

It is notable at this point that we will be siding with the KOW, as the previous KOS leadership left us embroiled in a war that it started. 

The first major GSUC action against Wiksik and the KOS came when Anthor was in charge.  I bring this up because the previous KOS leadership you said left you embroiled in a war is the same as the current KOW leadership.  This first official war between the KOS and GSUC was actually even announced by Anthor in the Kingdom of Skulls 2 thread on the third page in the Native Section.

Just so you know.

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
snico

equal opportunity eater

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:15:53 AM »

but I think the original creator of KOS left the guild in a pickle, and that wasn't Anthor.  I don't think Etherdrifter is just talking about bringing war or something.

Snico Princess Nico Marcy
A parrot squawks "Lady be free, Lady be fine! Princess Nico, Will you be mine?" (2010-08-30)
Solemn

I say, who the blazes do you think I am?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 06:15:26 AM »

but I think the original creator of KOS left the guild in a pickle, and that wasn't Anthor.  I don't think Etherdrifter is just talking about bringing war or something.

There was no pickle, for the GSUC was already established when Black Fang passed the KOS to Anthor.  Black Fang never interacted with the GSUC on any official level.  Ether's claim of the previous KOS's leadership leaving them embroiled in a war being the reason they support the KOW leadership is faulty because the very leadership that left them embroiled in a war was none other than the leader of the KOW.

The GSUC were going to be a menace whether Black Fang had been there or not, and Black Fang can't be blamed for the creation of the GSUC, can he?

Solemn says: "New Haven..."

The mood.
The band.
The flavor.

"Yeah, it's a little like that."
Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »

Actually the formation of GSUC began when fang was in power, it was his constant raids against the outsiders were what provoked hostilities.  History speaks for itself on these forums, I count myself as an expert on the subject because I spent a while reading them.

Fang passed leadership onto Anthor shortly before GSUC started it's attacks.  Their main provocation was Fang's assaults on the villages.  It is also noticeable that it is his terms that the guild agreed to peace to, terms that prohibited us protecting outsider visitors.  Overall fang did more damage to native/outsider goodwill than the a nuke would.  The formation of such a group was inevitable and their actions were well known intentions by the time Fang made his exit.  Anthor inherited a nasty situation caused by Fang's leadership.  If Fang had stuck around and fought with us I would have no qualm to see him on the throne, he didn't and Anthor did.  Even though it wasn't a fight he picked.

Overall the consensus of all older guild members is that any relation of Fang's is a pretender to the throne as Fang declared Anthor his successor.  His spirit was even there at the "coronation".

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:42 AM »

Solemn, I just had a quick look but I found this thread showing the KOS under Black Fang claiming dominion over Wicksick Island months before I took over the KOS. http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,1315.60.html. GSUC was provoked into action against the KOS prior to Black Fang leaving... of course as I can't access any of my hundreds of posts in the private subforum anymore, it will be difficult for me to prove my points.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

In Dalpok, the throne room of the Lord of Dalpok, Vercingetorix, has been trashed by discontents. Vercingetorix sits on his slightly beaten-up throne. He scratches his loin cloth and belches. He frowns. He belches again. He smiles broadly. He frowns again. There is a third belch. Another smile.

"Dalpok will rescue Wiksik! Let us send our finest warriors to help our inbred cousins in the far east! And maybe check out those double-jointed Wiksik girls while we are in the neighbourhood."

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
CyAdora

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »

Assistance from Raktam is on the way.

Any Court members who wish to help, take up your arms or herbs and make your way to Wiksik.

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."-  William Randolph Hearst 
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »

I am close. Consider me an independent, casual observer for the moment, at least until I start gutting people and carving off heads. Shameful that Pirates continue to hunt our women and children for sport in Ragmogak and here we are, quarreling amongst ourselves over land and title. Ah, the allure of the mainland...

Skulu is wandering at the Wiksik/Raktam road intersection, west of Wiksik, 1 SE of the tree to be precise.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
CyAdora

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 12:29:16 PM »

Skulu is wandering at the Wiksik/Raktam road intersection, west of Wiksik, 1 SE of the tree to be precise.

or was ...

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."-  William Randolph Hearst 
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »

*Deep in the underground caverns*

Neil pauses a moment, peering into the gloom, "Now, he said it was somewhere around here."

Etherdrifter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

The guild wishes to offer it's thanks for the aid coming from both Raktam and Dalpok, in the hopes that it brings about a swift resolution to this dispute.

Pro Bono Collagium

Quote of the week

Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

New dawn rises upon the village, painting the barricaded huts in bloody red. Anxious eyes of the many children observe the empty roads and paths from behind the fortified windows. They have not yet seen the horrors of the war, those haunting memories that are forcing the mothers to hide food in the cellars and fathers to sharpen their spears. As the sound of the shaman's horn reach the villagers, every family sends one person to collect the herbs that were being prepared through the whole tense night. The first few Wiksikians gather around the hut and uneasy whispers can be heard among them. There is a huge white silk cloth, attached to the wooden poles at each end, waving in the cool morning wind. Painted on it are several Raktam runes and a short message:

Cannibal Kuru, King Baraka has an urgent message to you. It is imperative that you suspend all the war plans and receive it before the blood of the innocent has been spilled. Return to the Royal Court in Raktam and wait, the messenger shall greet you there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: