Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
April 19, 2018, 06:36:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominations for Feature Voting  (Read 25765 times)
mehrunes dagon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »

I want to nominate quarrying because it could become pretty handy eg. making small settlements?

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2594.0.html

lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

I think butchery/skinning and finally cooking should make it to the list.

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,1653.0.html
http://wiki.shartak.com/index.php/Suggestions:Game_mechanics#Animal_Corpses

Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 04:16:04 AM »

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2627.0.html

I think some new scout/explorer skills should be added.
Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 11:41:38 PM »

I vote for people not voting for their own suggestions. Not cool.

Seriously. Of course people think their own suggestions should be implemented - they wouldn't have bloody suggested them else. If you can't garner enough support from other players to have someone speak on your idea's behalf, have the class not to nominate it yourself. It's so terribly... tasteless.

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
Swarm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »

I vote for people not voting for their own suggestions. Not cool.

Seriously. Of course people think their own suggestions should be implemented - they wouldn't have bloody suggested them else. If you can't garner enough support from other players to have someone speak on your idea's behalf, have the class not to nominate it yourself. It's so terribly... tasteless.
It's not like I was saying Turtle Harnessing should be voted in, I was choosing an idea that is needed; scouts and explorers aren't the greatest classes right now.

Jonah voted his own in anyway.
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »

It's not like I was saying Turtle Harnessing should be voted in, I was choosing an idea that is needed; scouts and explorers aren't the greatest classes right now.

Perhaps, but one of Simon's criteria was:

Quote from: Simon
(c) either be well documented here or on the wiki

I'm not sure that there is a well documented suggestion in that discussion thread.

Jonah voted his own in anyway.

Jonah got swallowed by a post removal whale.

Johan Crichton
Please read the forum rules before posting.
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
Swarm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »

I will make a refined suggestion. 

I wonder how big that whale is...
Milla

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »

Is it too late to nominate suggestions?

I would like to nominate dangerous flora, even though it does not seem to have gained much attention. A new, unique hazard and a new skill as well.

(Personally, I would like to see Sharfids as mobile and hidden, and perhaps botany should be aviable to scouts/explorers in adition to scientists, but that is not important at all.)
Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »

Minor updates to the contact list
Much needed for easy management.
Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »

Not sure if this can be implemented but it would add much to the game.
Away messages
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 04:13:44 AM »

http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2483.0.html - Edit, corrected link

Either that or anything with "Etherdrifter" as it's author

This. Simple to code et all and would be quite nice.

I sorta like boat ideas a great deal, despite the difficulty of programming. Perhaps those should be left for later, after the simple ones are done, though...

I like the huge crabs on the beaches, certainly- perhaps they should be able to go into shallow water somewhat, though they'd be mostly on the beaches. Also, I might be going over into too many creature size variations or something here, but what about moderate-sized squid?

I suppose the other creatures listed would probably work out, but seem perhaps too obscure...

Axe
http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2574.0.html

I know it hasn't been fully developed, but we need a way to cut down regular vegetation to harvest deadwood and ESPECIALLY a way to cut down trees that people grew.  Too many trees!

I like the general idea, not quite sure about the specifics. I agree with a lot of the points you made there, would sooner not see beheading, and also like the tree chopping-related things you just mentioned.

I sorta feel like it should be found by searching fire stations or crafted from a hand axe and a stick, though... which brings up the serious point, how would you get one?

Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »

Instead of just lambasting the shameless self-promoters, I feel I should add constructively to this topic by nominating two of Ether's suggestions.

Firstly, and receiving my priority vote: Sacrificial Dagger

I strongly feel the game needs some rarer items with special effects. Nothing too Dungeons & Dragons or overpowered, but in keeping with the theme and gameplay.

Secondly, in the same vein: Rare One-Use Items, for the same reasons as above. These should also be expensive enough to serve as gold-sinks, in order to help remove some of the excess currency that is currently stagnating in characters' money pouches.

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
Milla

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:12 PM »

Digging through old suggestions, I found this old one here, pirates and pistols.

Pistols do not need to be implemented in excactly that form, but pirates severly need something useful to find amongst the junk they find in the shipwreck.
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »

Pistols do not need to be implemented in excactly that form, but pirates severly need something useful to find amongst the junk they find in the shipwreck.

Flareguns could be entertaining as well.  Random chance of setting jungle or grassland on fire if carelessly used in those locations.

Johan Crichton
Please read the forum rules before posting.
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
snico

equal opportunity eater

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 08:36:24 AM »

I think this is an amazing suggestion: http://forum.shartak.com/index.php/topic,2730.0.html

just adds so much more to the game, and brings people together!

Snico Princess Nico Marcy
A parrot squawks "Lady be free, Lady be fine! Princess Nico, Will you be mine?" (2010-08-30)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: