Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
October 23, 2017, 03:35:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manifest Destiny/ God's Will  (Read 5167 times)
Fillerguy

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »

Feel free to join if you "love" God and his children. Express your "love" my taking the Nats land and making it our own. By joining this clan you'll not only express your "love", you'll be part of the brotherhood for which will revolutionize this island. This clan is merely a way of saying "Hey, I love the Nats and I want to make things better for them".

*This is not a hate group.

http://www.shartak.com/clanview.cgi?id=379

Global Warming/ Final Solution to the Nat problem http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=6294
Cheesesteak
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:25 PM »

Yes! Another religious group!
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:36:49 AM »

Listed below are all members of the clan Manifest Destiny.
Global Warming   

Why aren't I surprised.

Johan Crichton
Please read the forum rules before posting.
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:38:49 AM »

Why do so many people these days feel the need to satirize religion in a metafictional sense.

Are evangelical natives allowed to join?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:43:14 AM by Blame » Logged
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »

Why would they?  Christianity promises IIRC, eternal salvation and life.  Witness the miracle of Jesus returning from the dead.

But hey, look:
Home: Wiksik
Been on the island since 2006-03-14
Died: 111 times (last time was 2008-10-02 07:36)
Shartak Character Profile: Jesus

The native Jesus has returned from the dead 111 times.  Wow.  That's some religion.

Johan Crichton
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Cheesesteak
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 01:44:29 AM »

Why would they?  Christianity promises IIRC, eternal salvation and life.  Witness the miracle of Jesus returning from the dead.

But hey, look:

The native Jesus has returned from the dead 111 times.  Wow.  That's some religion.

What does your cult have to offer?
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »

But hey, look:

Silence, you silly child. The historical Jesus (who never walked on water, raised the dead, or was born on the day of the flying fatman, mind you) is the prototype of compassionate leaders. The character named Jesus on Shartak is nothing but an imitation.

Why don't you go bend over for Cthulhu and mumble about your anti-religious views to yourself.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:45:05 PM by Blame » Logged
Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 01:57:25 AM »

What does your cult have to offer?

well, the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Ai! Ai! Pasta Ftaghn!)  tells us that the number of pirates is linked to global warming, so I think that's casus belli (sp?) for a campaign to wipe out every last pirate on the island.

Johan Crichton
Fillerguy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »

Why do so many people these days feel the need to satirize religion in a metafictional sense.

Are evangelical natives allowed to join?

Nats (natives) are not allowed to join but they are free to make their own Nat branch of the group.

This is not a satirical religious group. I merely want to bring the ideals which have made America the most powerful country and in History into Shartak. We need an outsider revolution. God Demands it.

Global Warming/ Final Solution to the Nat problem http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=6294
Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »

This is not a satirical religious group.

Oh I'm sorry, then it's not metafiction. (You're unaware that it is satirical)

You're still a gimp though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:42:59 PM by Blame » Logged
lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

The character named Jesus on Shartak is nothing but an imitation.

wicksick headhunters are watching you, son.

KingBiscuit

LOOK OUT

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »

I miss Lutheran.

“I’m an Indian tonight, baby,” he announced. “C’mon, let’s let ’em have it.” Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.
Kurtz

I'm really not Marlon Brando, you know...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »

The historical Jesus (who never walked on water, raised the dead, or was born on the day of the flying fatman, mind you) is the prototype of compassionate leaders.

How is a historical Jesus (or Joshua ben Joseph, if you prefer), shorn of any miracle-working, a religious one? Certainly not a Christian one.

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 08:55:42 PM »

The historical Jesus (who never walked on water, raised the dead, or was born on the day of the flying fatman, mind you) is the prototype of compassionate leaders.

How is a historical Jesus (or Joshua ben Joseph, if you prefer), shorn of any miracle-working, a religious one? Certainly not a Christian one.

Kurtz, I can see you're troubled by my comments saying that Yeshua ben Yosef was devoid of miracles, but Jesus was bereft of miracles his entire life. It was his followers in their utter love and respect for him after his death that made him born of immaculate conception, walk on water, raise the dead, and resurrect on Easter.

And there is nothing wrong with him being as human as the rest of us.

On topic: Is Manifest Destiny going to try to make shartak brown like that Shartak Deforestation Movement fiasco? It's just way too much work for a bunch of geeks, even if they run 6-8 alts each.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:02:29 PM by Blame » Logged
Kurtz

I'm really not Marlon Brando, you know...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 09:02:11 PM »

I'm not troubled in the least. I'm an atheist. I agree with you, I just wasn't sure how it squared with you being annoyed at religious satire (although I think from the OP's comments it's more satirising colonial land-grabs, like many of the Outsider factions).

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: