Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
September 19, 2017, 07:46:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shartak Links Open Golf Championship 2008  (Read 18510 times)
Skull Face

Chimay Red

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »

SLOG 2008

The Wicksick Headhunters are proud to announce the first annual Wicksick golf competition. This year the starting post / finishing post is the Tower of Death on ever-beautiful Wicksick Island.

Objective: Hunters must claim a minimum of one head from a local man in each outsider trading post i.e. take one Derby head in the Derby Trading Post and likewise in Durham, York and the Shipwreck.

The competition will begin at 23:00 server time on Monday 01st September and will finish at 23:00 server time on Friday 19th September. Only heads taken within those times will count. The hunters must take as many heads as possible (minimum 4) and they must be back at the Tower of Death before the end of the competition for their score to count.

Scoring: Hunters will score 1 point per local human head taken in the appropriate Trading Post. Underworld logs will verify a kill. Kills made elsewhere do not count. NPC trader kills do not count. Judges in each Trading Post will verify kills. Judges may be killed to score points, if appropriate. Scoring precedence will be given to those who make it back to the Tower over those who do not i.e. if Hunter A makes 4 kills and returns to the Tower he will beat Hunter B who makes 5 kills but does not return.

Hunters may kill other hunters in an attempt to hinder their competitors. The organisers of the competition do not discourage this. However such actions will incur a penalty if the victim still returns to the Tower with 4 or more heads within the time limit. Example: if Hunter A kills Hunter B and Hunter B still makes it back to the Tower on time, Hunter A will have his score reduced by one point for each kill he made against Hunter B.

In the event of a tie for a place, all tied competitors will take part in a sudden-death playoff in a locked room at the top of the Tower of Death. The last man standing will claim the tied place, all others will be moved down in ranking. Any and all ties will be settled in this manner.

In the unlikely event that nobody makes a kill at each Trader and returns in time, the hunters will be teased mercilessly about growing old, senile and slow.

Prizes:

1st place - a heavy sword
2nd place - 50 GC
3rd place - 25 GC

Competitors: All hunters must register prior to the start of the competition, either via the official forum or by speaking in-game to one of the competition organisers. Hunters are welcome from all of Shartak's headhunting communities.

Wicksick Island will be deemed a no-kill zone from 23:00 server time on Thursday 28th August until 23:00 server time on Monday 01st September. Each hunter must identify himself verbally to the Wicksick Island judge on Monday 01st before starting and then again when finishing (on or before Friday 19th).

Small print: No zerging, zergers will be spanked and sent to bed with no supper. Judge's decision is final.

Confirmed participants

Names will be added here as I get them:

Bodypops with Wolves
Anthor
Iwashere
Foo Fighter
lama
Skull Face
Emile Durkheim
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:47:49 AM by Skull Face / Black Fang » Logged

Roman Totale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:09:13 PM »

Colour me interested! 

Bobypops will now have to look for some suitably stylish native 'plus-fours'.
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

Ah, Golf, the sport of Kings!

Anthor is consulting his calendar. I can always do with a free heavy sword!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:58:03 PM by Anthor » Logged

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
iwashere

Rather Dashing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:14:09 PM »

Is there an official start location so that nobody has the advantage of starting off closer to a camp then the others?

A parrot squawks "It's not beastiality if it can talk!" (2010-03-16 05:31)

Iwashere: Mercenary for hire.
The Polar Bear: Misplaced Manhunter.
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:05:02 PM »

Is there an official start location so that nobody has the advantage of starting off closer to a camp then the others?

Did you even read the post? :p
This year the starting post / finishing post is the Tower of Death on ever-beautiful Wicksick Island.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
iwashere

Rather Dashing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:18 PM »

Anthor, do I ever read the posts?

Wait, bad argument.

Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »

Anthor, do I ever read the posts?

Wait, bad argument.

I don't know... all I know is I'm going to beat you at Wiksik Golf!  Tongue

Foo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »

oh i am so in

Skull Face

Chimay Red

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

Bodypops will now have to look for some suitably stylish native 'plus-fours'.

A fine check tweed loincloth made by Pringle of Scotland?

lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »

sign me up!

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »

...doesn't this just mean no one will stay in the traders hut?

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »

OK, Calendar is cleared... I'm in.

iwashere

Rather Dashing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 08:57:55 PM »

If they read the forums, then they probably wont be in the trader's hut. But there are a lot of people who don't read the forums.

AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »

...doesn't this just mean no one will stay in the traders hut?
Mmm, that is a concern. If you get to the trader hut and no-one is there...
Also, I have two questions to ask:
#1. By "head", do you mean a skull, or a kill? Is the actual point gotten by killing someone or by taking their head?
#2. Doesn't this cause some level of imbalance based on starting camps? I suppose the Cannibals don't really matter at this point, since none of them are really high enough level to have a chance (they'd need to be something like level 7-8 just to have all the mele combat/movement skills, not to mention all the extras like headhunting) but you still have the factors of outsider headhunters, and there's some effect just from the three normal Native camps...

lama
iz doin it rite akshully

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »

Mmm, that is a concern. If you get to the trader hut and no-one is there...

wait or move on. Strategy furst!

#1. By "head", do you mean a skull, or a kill? Is the actual point gotten by killing someone or by taking their head?

Head is head, not a skull.

#2. Doesn't this cause some level of imbalance based on starting camps?

Tower of Deatho is a starting point, so where's imbalance in that?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: