Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:42:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durham Election mk IV Candidate Registration Thread  (Read 13041 times)
Euphenics

καλλίστῃ

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »

This thread is for registering candidates for the fourth election of Durham only. All posts must include the relevant details of a candidate registering whom has not previously registered in this thread (if you desire to add, delete, or modify details of your candidate profile, please edit the post they were originally posted in). Any questions, comments, and requests to review the accuracy or even factuality of candidate details must be PMed to me or posted in an appropriate thread for this election. Posts in this thread which do not contain unique candidate profiles will be moved or deleted.

Candidates must state their name, as it will appear on the ballot and be used in debates, as well as provide the profile number of
the character that they will use to speak in game. They are expected to explain why they deserve their nomination (opinions are not allowed as justifications) and the premises of their platform. I will demonstrate the preferred format with my own registration.

Candidate name: Edward Grey
Profile number: 888

Justification for nomination: persistent presence in game, acute historical knowledge, consistently deep attention to Shartak politics, pacifist, Durham Pistoleers veteran, major business leader, history of advocation for Durham

Platform summary: reducing overt and covert restrictions on pirates and natives entering and residing in Durham, increasing opportunities for Durhamite influence on policy with referendums and recognition of petitions, increasing Durham's influence in Shartak politics, improving conditions for establishing and operating businesses, establishment of ministries for developing territory, property, and entity law, developing enforcement procedure and accountability, defining executive powers and limitations, refining election law, introduction of a title system, introduction of marque and reprisal

Campaign tl;dr: For Liberty. For Business. For Durham.

All candidates running in this election must register by 0:05 August 25th.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 05:47:08 PM by Euphenics » Logged

Lukas Alexander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »

Candidate name: Lukas Alexander
Profile number: 7605

Justification for nomination: Veteran of the Game. Knowledgeable concerning both Durham and outsider Politics. Veteran of the Nationalist Durham Movement. Exceptional Service history for Durham. Pro-Outsider and Pro-Durham.

Platform summary: Increasing restrictions on pirate and native visitors to Durham. Development of the current Citizens Militia and armed forces to ensure security for Citizens, property and land. Development of key services for the community Removal of corrupt government officials and bribery. Aggressive expansion of Durham territory to include the former Independent Republic of Fort Creedy and other lost territories. Funding and sponsorship of Durham business. Establishment of embassies with other Outsider Towns. Increased links with other Outsiders. Establishment of services to Durham reward scheme. Financial support for Durham war Heroes. Liscensing for Bounty Hunters. Official recognition of Durham heroes, past and present.

Campaign Title:
Durham For Durham!

It's time to make a difference. Enlist in the 1st Colonial Militia Today!
Mill Wilkinson

Hunting enthusiastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »

Candidate name: Matt Wilkinson
Profile number: 11682

Justification for nomination: Previous consul of Durham (and the one who suggested it), stays put as a banker, Need Third Candidate, Greenhorn, Pro-Peace

Platform summary: Opening and bettering relations with natives, pirates and outsiders, Encouraging trade, let Durham have Durham, mayor as a figure, hearing of Durham's wishes

Campaign Title:
No strongman for the best of Durham.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:23:31 PM by Mill Wilkinson » Logged

Mill Wilkinson - Police and a hunter
Matt Wilkinson - Utility Banker in Durham
Cannibal Cook - Rakmogaki who loves outsider meat
The mastermind behind these three - a proud coffeejunkie

G3N: "Why is York always the hotspot for homoerotic drama?"
And then you wonder why I left...
Ron Burgundy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »

Its a nice idea Euphenics but if you had bothered to look there is a thread for this already on the Durham board. Also I haven't decided on the date to end registration so that will need to be removed. Also Lukas as a criminal in Durham your candidacy is invalid.

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:16 AM »

Candidate name: Hideo Inakajimita
Profile number: 7605

Justification for nomination: Veteran of the Game. Knowledgeable concerning both Durham and outsider Politics. Former banker.

Platform summary:  Subordination to Dalpok sovereignty (of which there is none). Free beer. Dance contests. De-militarisation - all weapons to be handed into the trader. Stylish haircuts. Nudity. Neo-hippie crypto-anarchy. Fashion. Amnesty for all criminals. Croissants.

Campaign Title: Durham Needs More Hugs.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

What kind of beer?

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »

Cold beer, not much head, by the keg. Not your warm English beer nor your weak girly American beer. German beer. Lots of it. Or maybe Dutch beer. Dutch beer is good.

And wet t-shirt contests with beer poured over the contestants. Men with manboobs not permitted. Because its unnecessary and repellant.

Fish cooked in beer batter is good too.

All these things will be distributed to the happy, joyous and, yes, frisky populace of Durham if Hideo is elected.

Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

I see. You make some compelling points. But tell me this: what is your stance on cider?

EDIT: I suppose this should be continued in the other Durham election thread. I certainly wouldn't want to derail Ron and Euphenics socio-political commentary.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:15:41 PM by Twist » Logged

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »

I see. You make some compelling points. But tell me this: what is your stance on cider?

EDIT: I suppose this should be continued in the other Durham election thread. I certainly wouldn't want to derail Ron and Euphenics socio-political commentary.

We have no apples in game. Hideo has no stance on cider.

Mango martinis are another question entirely.

Oh, and immediately upon election, Hideo will abolish the title of "Governor" and change it to "Grand Poobah". The title will come with a large, heavy, fuzzy orange hat.

Vote 1 Inakajimata in 2008! Because...

DURHAM NEEDS MORE HUGS.

Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »

We have no apples in game. Hideo has no stance on cider.

And you were so close! I really thought I'd found a candidate I could get behind. Not literally, of course - I'm not 1CM. Good luck, Hideo.

Serious Sam

The Sentinel of York

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »

Its a nice idea Euphenics but if you had bothered to look there is a thread for this already on the Durham board. Also I haven't decided on the date to end registration so that will need to be removed. Also Lukas as a criminal in Durham your candidacy is invalid.

Nobody gives a flying s*it what you have to say on the matter Burgundy. Your attempts at trying to stack the cards in your favour are fruitless. You keep trying to do it and nobody cares anymore.

Thing is the only reason you won was you had the nationalist votes last time around. Now Lukas has those votes. All you have left is your precious few goons.

If you don't conform to the standard policy put in place by Euphrenics that everyone else has agreed to then your candidacy is invalid.

Your days of 'my town, my rules, you can vote for me or no-one at all' are over. You trying to invalidate Lukas just shows you are scared. Truth is Burgundy you are going to lose this one. Then you will be fair game for all the people that hate you.

Keep trying to rig this election and action will be taken. Fight fair or you will be crushed along with your pathetic attempts at power.
Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »

Your days of 'my town, my rules...' are over.

Is it just me that finds the irony in this statement to be coruscating?

DKChannelBoredom

The Durham Tea Party

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »

Your days of 'my town, my rules...' are over.

Is it just me that finds the irony in this statement to be coruscating?

it's not just you.

But I agree with Euphenics and to some degree Sam (whaaat!?!?). Let's keep election business here, in the neat threads that Euphenics made, as the Durham forum is unknown by most, and rarely populated.

Also, I agree that the tight Durham citizens-those'n'those-Durhamites-cannot-vote rules. Our first election worked out fine, and I don't say that just because Jacobi crushed his nationalist opponent - fair'n'square.

To quote the very good open letter over at the Durham forum, concerning the election:

Using a casual decision to justify a formal necessity is senseless. Durhamites voted for a governor, not a medium of future elections. All previous elections have been casually arranged on the main forum and in game. You were given the authority to administer a government of Durham, not to determine how that could be renewed

I think this sums it up pefectly. If this my-way-or-the-no-vote-for-you-sir/madam attitude continues, I think Durham will be torn apart and no lasting gov'nor found.

Dennis Kuijt: Durham soldier, legend and thrower of tea parties

Babuwaba: Native hunter

Cutlass Jim: The 10.233  gold coin pirate
Ron Burgundy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »

Sam Lukas is a criminal and ineligible. If he had refrained from killing me he would be able to run. Its his own fault he can't run.

Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »

I vote the other thread is renamed 'The Durham Elections Discussion Thread' and used for that purpose, so that I can talk about cider and point out the glaring hypocrisies of the 1st Colonial Militia without further disrupting the serious business of electing a made-up character to an imaginary post in a fictional town. Any more than I already have, any way. Sorry, Euphenics.

Sam Lukas is a criminal and ineligible. If he had refrained from killing me he would be able to run. Its his own fault he can't run.

I knew it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: