Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
October 23, 2017, 03:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shartak Underworld moved  (Read 798 times)
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:56:22 PM »

Those who use the Shartak Underworld at http://www.philosoph.us/misc/shartak/underworld/ (and via the Greasemonkey script) need to be aware that it's moved as of a few minutes ago.

New address is http://underworld.shartak.com/ - there's a link to the updated greasemonkey script on that page, or you can just edit the existing one and change the url in there.

Thanks to Elembis who has been running it for the last 10 years - he's sent the database dump and code so that very little data will be lost (make sure you update your scripts ASAP!)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 06:58:33 PM by Simon » Logged
nine

oh noes!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

On a not-entirely-dissimilar sort of thread, the ubermap userscript has ceased functioning happily without modifications. Unfortunately the modifications are against the license given for using the script. Also using a third-party script is against the license of using the API. I suspect a deliberate ploy to keep us using Firefox 3.5 and Greasemonkey, but it could just be that the author never foresaw this happening in future.

I'll look at cloning the ubermap functionality into the codebase of deadzone, but given how infrequently the maps seem to be updated, I can't be sure anyone's still using ubermap at all?

You see nothing special.
I am nine, tenebrae, lacuna, retribution.
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »

The ubermap script stopped working? I'm sure that wasn't intentional - I'll mention it to the author and see if he knows of a quick fix.
nine

oh noes!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »

The ubermap script stopped working? I'm sure that wasn't intentional - I'll mention it to the author and see if he knows of a quick fix.

It's quite simple to fix - userscript managers require that the userscript declare the mechanisms they're going to make use of (not dissimilar to how Android says "I want access to your call history, ability to turn wifi on and off and send all those photographs of your mum to Facebook"). So if you want to log things to the console, you have to insert "// @grant GM_log" into the header marked by "// ==UserScript==" and "// ==/UserScript==". Same with GM_xmlHttpRequest, GM_getValue, GM_setvalue and pretty much anything which may store, alter output, communicate with the world. You get a notification during script installation, or with some userscript managers, on first use. See GreaseMonkey on Firefox and TamperMonkey on Chrome & Safari for this behaviour.

You see nothing special.
I am nine, tenebrae, lacuna, retribution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: