Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Server migration again!  (Read 1105 times)
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »

This will be the last one for a while. I had a good offer of a high spec server for not too much more than we're paying right now. It means I will be able to tune the database to use more memory and the disks should be significantly faster as it'll be 4 disks with hardware RAID 10 instead of 2 disks with software mirroring.

We wouldn't have been able to consider upgrading without the donations and advertising revenue so thank you!

I'm in the process of copying everything over and configuring all the services and hope to complete the migration sometime next week. It's a move between two servers running the same version of the OS so should be quite painless. There is likely to be a little bit of downtime or at least, time when the site may or may not work.
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:36:53 AM »

Server migration has been completed and everything appears to be running smoothly. Please shout if you spot anything that has stopped working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: