Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT! EVALUATORS NEEDED! :)  (Read 3723 times)
jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:33 AM »

This is important not only because it will help me with my coursework but it will also help us to make the Shartak interface easier to use.

Shartak Interface Improvement Study

This study aims to ascertain whether there are any improvements that can be made to the game user interface by using video 'Let's Play' as a means of performing a remote cognitive walkthrough.

What do I need?

I need players to create a Video Let's Play of themselves playing Shartak.

What do you get in return?

• A $10 donation to your account. ($5 of which would be needed for your test character.)
  • Lots of bonus XP and AP for your test character. (You will get to keep the character afterwards)
  • On submission of a video your name will be entered into a draw to win a custom item and a bonus $10 donation!
  • My eternal gratitude for helping me with my coursework.

What is required.

• The ability to record your voice and the screen simultaneously.
  • Enough time to complete the tutorial and one or two other activities as requested.
  • MOST IMPORTANT: You have to be 18 years or older before you begin the study to be included in the study. (This is because otherwise I would have to get additional ethics approval from the university.)
    HOWEVER... I have now decided that if you are under 18 and want to submit a video you can as long as you make it clear that you are under 18 so I do not include you. You will still get the other stuff and be included in the draw.

That's it!

What you need to know.

• The video will need to be submitted before the 26th of June. (Yes, only a week!) You can submit them afterwards but I might not be able to use them in my coursework
  • Full instructions will be given once you have signed up for the study.
  • Your video will only be used to help improve Shartak and in my coursework.  Meaning it might be shown in direct relation to my coursework to students/staff, however it will not be shown to the general public unless you publish it yourself (which is ok with us).
  • At no point will any of your personal information be shared with anyone at all. You will only be referred to by your character name.
  • Video may be edited to remove any information that might reveal yours or another player's identity or as needed for use in my coursework. (Length for example.)
  • You retain the right to withdraw yourself from the study at any point but if you do then we reserve the right to remove any donations/XP/AP given for the study.
  • AGAIN: You have to be 18 years or older before you begin the study. (This is because otherwise I would have to get additional ethics approval from the university.)
    HOWEVER... I have now decided that if you are under 18 and want to submit a video you can as long as you make it clear that you are under 18 so I do not include you. You will still get the other stuff and be included in the draw.

If you are interested then please send a request via the usual feedback link or send me a pm.

Any questions can be posted below!

Thank you!

Jaq/Lori
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:20:32 PM by jaqs » Logged
Megamaw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:21 AM »

Dang. Two years short of being able to take you up. Good luck to anyone who goes for this.
jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »

Hrm... thinking maybe it will be ok if you are under 18 to send one and be in the contest. I would just not use the video for coursework. It would still be very useful for improving the interface.

So... you can but make it clear that you are under 18 so I don't include it in my coursework.

I will change my first post in a bit.

Thank you to all who have replied so far!!!
Anthor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:29:48 AM »

Apologies for not being able to take part, Jaqs.

I did retweet your tweet about it, and it's showing on my website so hoping the will help.

Light Rising - A Massive Multiplayer Browser Based Game set in Space - http://lightrising.com/
jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »

Thank you Anthor
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »

Done and turned in.  Cheesy

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »

Thank you Katie!!
jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »

There is still time if anyone wants to do this...

You don't have to be a new player or an old player to participate and the video doesn't have to be expertly done!

I just need your thoughts

Please?

jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »

I only had a few players actually send me videos so I have decided that they are all winners

If you sent me a video then just send me a message with what custom item you would like.

And thank you!!!

Killian

I'm a hypogrifte!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »

i wanted to but knew i would do something inappropriate
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »

Can you post the videos for us commoners to see? Tongue

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

jaqs
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:10 AM »

i wanted to but knew i would do something inappropriate

Thank you for that then I suppose...

I promised that I wouldn't!

Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 02:29:03 AM »

I had my husband make it since he has never played a browser game and thought this would really help Jaqs. I knew something had gone wrong when I noticed that it had taken him 15 minutes to just do the tutorial. While watching the finished video, I found out he's also very directional challenged and he has issues with the trader. At the traders he wouldn't trade faks, a gps or machete for a sharpening stone since the trader wanted 2 bottles of water and he only had one. His comment, "Ain't going to happen."  Definitely  a classic moment.

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »

I promised that I wouldn't!

Create a torrent and say they... leaked... or something Roll Eyes

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: