Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:44:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Tathers Totally Awesome Alligator Romp!  (Read 13124 times)
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »

Hello all, it's Neil Tathers, leader of the wonderful Team Tathers, and hunter of big game!

I propose a Sport in the Swamps!, a Romp in the Rivers!, and a Lackadaisical day in the Lake!

Strolling along the end of the swamp above Derby the other day, I found, to my amazement and excitement, a mess of gators stood staring at me.  Try as I might, I was unable to dwindle their numbers, and I thought to myself, why not have someone else dwindle them for me! Knowing how top notch my team was, I could ask them for help.

But alas, one of my members just likes to punch rhinos in the face, another one wanted to find heavy swords instead, most of them were unable to comment, and the final one was shouting at kids in his lawn, I decided to contact the general populace with the hope that you can help.

Cause only you can prevent gators from taking over the island!

So here's the deal, sign up in this thread, you got till 11JUL2011 to do so.  On July 11th until one month later (ONE WHOLE MONTH!) you net yourself a gator kill, you get a point.  Get a hungry gator, get another point.  Manage to bag something bigger than a hungry gator (like the mythical man-eating gator!) get yourself five points!  

So, what are the other rules?

None.  Kill gators.  

But I'm going to need help.  I'm going to need someone to handle the odds for this.  I WANT GAMBLING PEOPLE!

People who wish to make money selling rilfe bullets, poison darts and healing items should get to Tarak's Spit by the time the contest starts!

Hanged Misfit, I want refreshments for the people who are hunting out there!  And some security if you don't mind.

COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S HAVE A BASH!

Reply if you want to sign up or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.  I want to stress that ANYONE CAN JOIN.  Even undead liches who don't like sunlight.

Current Contestants (alligator kills,hungry alligator kills):

Einarr (0,0,0,0)
Pelleas (15,2,0,0)
Eyes of a Hawk (2,1,0,0)
Alzado (48,0,0,0)
Muad Dib (2,0,0,0)
Cathbad (0,0,0,0)
Asmoridin (5,0,0,0) <--Dude has a freakin' Man-eating python kill!  Congrats!
AlexanderRM (34,0,0,0)
Gretchen Strychnine-Burroughs (1,0,0,0)
Otfried (36,0,0,0)
h4x0r541 (0,0,0,0)
Ibn al Xuffasch (59,0,0,0)
Kahuna Co-hockiii (4,0,0,0)
ManBearPigi (25,0,0,0)
FishOutOfWater (11,0,0,0)
Hitodama (0,0,0,0)
Maunder (56,4,0,0)

Not in the contest but keeping stats for stats sake

Neil Tathers (80,1,0,0)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:09:28 PM by Neil Tathers » Logged

Carreau

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »

Count Pelleas in. Those gators are in for the thrashing of a lifetime. This sounds like good fun especially given the small area to work within. Oh, and as a friendly bit of advice to everyone else participating, I find that gators are far less likely to counterattack if they're attacked with a rifle or blowpipe, rather than melee weapons. Possibly total speculation on my part, but who knows? Maybe I'm right?

Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »

I find that gators are far less likely to counterattack if they're attacked with a rifle or blowpipe, rather than melee weapons.

That is one of the advantages of firearms in this game. Animals (not only gators) will counter less often if you attack them with rifles or blowpipes. I guess pistols too, though I haven't shot a pistol in my life. However, I don't know if human-npcs abide by this rule too.

I'm in!

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

Eyes of a Hawk would love to be in, but may have to pull out at the last minute due to comitments.
andrewbuff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:36:36 PM »

woody spent a good part of his early life doing this, and would like to wish everyone good luck! he always liked to use the bottom or top corners to camp in, that way the gators would amass around him and hed have to do less walking in the swamp. good luck friends! give em hell!

woodrow guthrie: a derby folk singer. out to map the entire island and bag some exotic game.
fluffhead: a york fellow who is helping operate the derby training facility. are you dtf?
Cold Seether

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:53:16 AM »

Alzado signs up reluctantly, still stinging from his last second loss in the elephant hunt. 

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »

Eyes of a Hawk would love to be in, but may have to pull out at the last minute due to comitments.

I know Eyes of a Hawk like his rare prey, and I've heard rare gators will be in that swamp.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »

I know Eyes of a Hawk like his rare prey, and I've heard rare gators will be in that swamp.

Indeed interesting. 

Put off what im doing to attend this I may have to. 

- Eyes of a Hawk
Junkhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 11:48:18 AM »

Junkie Chan will be coming to help heal you fellas. ^_^
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »

Good good, coz I wont be bring any herb LOL! (My downfall)
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

That is one of the advantages of firearms in this game. Animals (not only gators) will counter less often if you attack them with rifles or blowpipes. I guess pistols too, though I haven't shot a pistol in my life. However, I don't know if human-npcs abide by this rule too.

I'm in!

Which character?

Cathbad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »

Dear Tathers and Associates,

I would very much love to join this exciting 'Romp in the Swamp'.   Although given my present fighting skills, my contribution will most likely consist of shouts of encouragement and panicky wild swings, I am more than willing to present myself as a target for gnashing teeth of the old ones if it will help the overall collective effort.  Tally-Ho!!
Muad'Dib

Muad "Maud" Dib

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »

Muad'Dib. Seems like the Wiksik contest is going to be delayed or something. Not enough contestants.

YEAH SCOUTS!

Trawling. Scouts and explorers alone can find extra stuff in the water.
I think trawling is appropriate because the classes feel like being in a pool of sadness.

Maunder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 01:11:52 AM »

Would it be permissible for a player to have more than one character participating, as long as they:
  • did not heal or trade with each other
  • did not attack the same animal (alligator)
  • do not attack another character without provocation
I'm a little fuzzy on the zerging rules; I've just always kept them geographically apart like I did in Urban Dead.  Perhaps with the above stipulations, most conceivable abuse is ruled out?  Any definitive counsel would be appreciated.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »

Would it be permissible for a player to have more than one character participating, as long as they:
  • did not heal or trade with each other
  • did not attack the same animal (alligator)
  • do not attack another character without provocation
I'm a little fuzzy on the zerging rules; I've just always kept them geographically apart like I did in Urban Dead.  Perhaps with the above stipulations, most conceivable abuse is ruled out?  Any definitive counsel would be appreciated.

If you are bringing in one as a healer per say, and another as a contestant, I have no problems with that.

Dear Tathers and Associates,

I would very much love to join this exciting 'Romp in the Swamp'.   Although given my present fighting skills, my contribution will most likely consist of shouts of encouragement and panicky wild swings, I am more than willing to present myself as a target for gnashing teeth of the old ones if it will help the overall collective effort.  Tally-Ho!!

Excellent, welcome to the Romp!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:14:22 AM by Neil Tathers » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: