Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
September 19, 2017, 07:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peninsula Federation Gladiatorial Games 2010  (Read 7106 times)
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:45:24 AM »

The good Baron and I have worked up the contest for the Peninsula Federation Gladiatorial Games. Here it is. We welcome any comments and observations, before we choose a date and ask Simon to promote it via news update:

1. the Federation Gladiatorial Arena has been constructed in south of Derby, at -70.097,+26.346. I'm presently growing some grass on the field for the contest.

2. Bladed weapons and clubs only. No rifles or blowpipes. Instant disqualification if you shoot someone in the arena.

3. No stepping outside the arena: no harming or killing the marshall in the arena; no FAKs/healing herbs allowed and no healing support by third parties; and if you kill someone and then step out of the arena in support of a "team member" getting through, then both you and your team member get disqualified. Instant disqualification for any of these transgressions. If you want to watch and you're in the arena and get harmed or killed, that's just bad luck.

3. We fight by groupings. First round has a group of four, in a fight to the death. Second round, same thing. Third round, same thing. Last man standing goes on to the next round. The winners of all three rounds then compete, last man standing takes the trident (which Simon has agreed to create) and the title "Master Gladiator '10". We'll see if Simon will whip up a badge for that, and also a "Gladiator" badge for anyone who participates - maybe something which looks like this? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OeYOP7FRCx2MlM:http://armillum.com/tienda/images/DEEPEEKA/gladb.jpg  (I think if there is a badge for participants, many people will join in.)

4. Cannibals are not permitted to feast upon their victims. They can start at 105HP (their max) which might give them an early round advantage, but I'm guessing the other gladiators might choose to cooperate to wipe them out first before killing each other.

5. Disqualified contestants will be shot dead by the marshalls. As is well-known, Black Jack Pershing won't tolerate clowns.

6. There's no bar on XP-AP conversion. What this will mean is that people will stock up on XP big time in the lead-up to the games. Watch murders and animal kills go right up in numbers.

7. There is a real-time starting time, usually GMT midnight on a Sat/Sun works. So we get live action. The marshall blows a whistle to start the games.

With no FAKs permitted, the matches shouldn't drag out. It'll come down to a slow hacking contest towards the end, each player trying to get in a shot on a wounded opponent.

Any thoughts before we launch this with a date?

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Swarm

Could you hold this TNT for me? Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:22:18 AM »

Where will it be held?

FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:12 AM »

Where will it be held?

the Federation Gladiatorial Arena has been constructed in south of Derby, at -70.097,+26.346.

Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:22 AM »

Fungi Juice? Yes or no? Also, if it's not allowed, what's to keep someone from chugging a backpack full and then milling around the arena the day before, starting the fight with hundreds of AP? A timestamped screenshot could be required. It could definitely sway the balance otherwise.

Also, not to nit-pick, but to avoid argument and disqualification later on, no herbs/FAKS, what about water/juice/wine for personal healing?

Anyhow, looking forward to this. Hope more people attend and this becomes at least an annual thing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:39:36 AM by Bobby the Hatchet » Logged

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »

Water/juice/wine or any other beverages or anything else on the island of Shartak which shalt raise one's HP shall be forbidden.

The day before fungus juice is a tough one. Two things I am still unclear about with the rules: 1) Does each group fight in each round? Or does each group only fight in one round? 2) Are there breaks between each round?

For instance, if a group only fights in one round and there are breaks between at least the round in which they fight and the final round, then the fungus juice is not much of a help since running out of AP is not much of an issue. I mean, with full AP in a confined space (without having to track a victim) you should be able to kill an individual with a machete no problem.

Maybe I'm wrong though and it is a huge problem? Is it onerous to ask players to provide a beforehand screen shot?

What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you say fuddle duddle or something like that?
-- PET
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »

Still no sure what this is all about.  I thought it was a massive battle royale, whoever is left wins scenereo starting at midnight and bang! Now its loads of rounds and stuff. 

# - Is there a round on each night or each hour or 10mins? If its every hour or whatever I think ill opt out, im not gonna stay up all night long. 
# - What about AP, surely everyone will be out of AP by the time the next rounds are up and started therefore the event could last days with people recovering AP.   
# - ?
# - Is fungi juice allowed at anytime or not?  Or will a screen shots be required stating you have 75ap at the start of the event with a timed thingy to show you havnt screenshotted ages ago? How would this be done?
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »

Hello.......hello........hello 

Eco........eco........eco  :

Im at the location, the arena, where is a safe hut for me to rest my bones, and evade unwanted attenion as a native on Derby soil?
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »

Come and visit the Tower to the NE. We'll post a sign not to harm you.

Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

Ok, out of AP at the mo, but am in the Marshalls hut in the South.  

May doss around the sea killing turtles until dates are announced.  Eyes of a Hawk has not visited Derby for a very long time indeed, I must visit Avrio Rock at some point too, gotta see the sights eh!

Edit:  What are the co-ords of the tower?  Is it actually in Derby? Its not on the wiki or anywhere else.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:32:19 PM by Milkchew » Logged
Katie Calhoun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »

You could also come and hang out in the Hanged Misfit Pub which is 2 east of the Trader's Hut.

Katie Calhoun-Bartender 
Blaktoof says “You permit yourselves to be lead at the nose by some toothless juggalo teen-grandma whose hobby is running an imagniary bar.     
A parrot squawks "I know where the heavy sword is. Follow me!" (2011-01-22 19:54)
A parrot squawks "Katie has a big fat butt" (2012-02-10 17:06)
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »

I have arrived at the tower. 

Thanks for the invite Katie, I shall pop along in the next day or two.
Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 06:57:10 AM »

Still no sure what this is all about.  I thought it was a massive battle royale, whoever is left wins scenereo starting at midnight and bang! Now its loads of rounds and stuff. 

# - Is there a round on each night or each hour or 10mins? If its every hour or whatever I think ill opt out, im not gonna stay up all night long. 
# - What about AP, surely everyone will be out of AP by the time the next rounds are up and started therefore the event could last days with people recovering AP.   

Lets have a round each night. That will leave room for betting, drama, that sort of thing. Particularly since you are right about the AP thing, everybody would be out of AP after a round. Maybe two could work, but that would be it, so lets go nightly.

As to the fungus juice, definitely no fungus juice.

We are looking for balls-to-the-walls cage action, Jamaica style, machetes, knives and swords. This event is about separating the men from the boys.

What are we thinking for a date? Wednesday? Or should we go for next week end? We want to give people time to get to Derby, but we have already taken a long time for events, I think we should get rolling sooner rather than later.

What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you say fuddle duddle or something like that?
-- PET
Milkchew

Who said that?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

Id give people at least a weeks notice tbh, travelling, restoring ap and stocking up on weapons etc.  But of course its your games so up to you really......weekends would be better too............for the working people of the world.............................in differing countries. Also mega bummer about teh fungi juice, I now have 38 gourds I stocked up on to win this event...........may aswell tip them away ....................................or pay a visit to York they will never forget  Grin
Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 02:46:02 AM »

Okay, lets shoot for next weekend then?

We can start next Friday?

Now that you mention wiping out a settlement, what if after the gladiatorial event festivities we launch a joint raid with everyone against the cannibals?

-- PET
Josiah Winthrop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 05:54:08 AM »

Okay, logistically things aren't working out for this Friday (which is technically today already). Next Friday, July 30, will be the definite date come hell or high water.

One round will be held each date for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

-- PET
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: