Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
December 16, 2017, 03:14:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clan Taglines or Descriptions  (Read 3461 times)
Iceman

I don't like you because you're dangerous

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:57:57 PM »

Simple suggestion: when editing a clan, there is an option to add a brief (200 characters, same as speech?) tagline or description. This will appear next to the clan name on the 'Clans' page.

The idea being that when browsing the list of clans, players will be able to get an idea of what the clan is about. Hopefully this will help people decide which clan to join, or tip the balance if they aren't sure if they want to join a clan at all.

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |
Tkltchk - hungry, want eat | Fist McRhinopuncher - fairly self-explanatory

"Iceman?" How gay is that? | Suggestions
Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »

Good idea but 100 characters should be enough.
Also, it would be convenient to have groups or filters for native, outsider and "everyone" clans.
Milla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:29:02 AM »

I'll simply say yes to both Iceman's suggestion and Ahnaom's filter.
Bobby the Hatchet

Red-Blooded Heterosexual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »

I like both.

"He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him." - Oscar Wilde
yodas minion

Shargle Researcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »

i like both.

Falling Sand - Necromancer - Native Shaman
Seeking out lichdom

Poisonous Soldier-Ambassador of wiksik-Native Warrior
Fighting the wiksik war

Merchant Yoda- Trader - Native villager
Rallying in Raktam with friends.
Zeek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

i like both
Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »

I was also thinking along the lines of optional categories for clans, such as Native, Outsider, Peaceful, Aggressive, Trading, Roleplay, :palm:s'n'Giggles, etc

But I didn't want to complicate matters. If it's possible, I would like to see some sort of filter/category implemented, but mainly the tagline/description function.

Twist - boner-inducingly handsome | ClickClick - guardian of the Dalpoki | Sympathetic Phil - hard-bitten mercenary and surly drunkard |

Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:21:20 PM »

Too many categories might unnecessarily complicate things. What if your clan fits into several slots? Or into none of them?
But you can't go wrong with the simple native-outsider-both classification since every clan either has some recruitment restrictions or accepts everyone. Of course, show all option should be there as well.
Iceman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »

Well, you'd be able to select several categories. It depends whether clan membership is going to be made more meaningful, really. If it's not, then the wiki would be the place for clan categorisation. But if mechanisms are going to be implemented to encourage joining clans and factional rivalry, then there should be more information available in-game.

Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

Even if clans would remain the same, such basic information could make browsing clans easier. Wiki needs people who constantly check the in-game list and then update the pages accordingly. As nobody will be doing this every Monday, wiki is prone to become out-dated and clustered with idle clans at some point.

So instead of maintaining the two lists, maybe it is better to add categories to the in-game one and abandon them all together in the wiki, leaving just the actual articles about the clans there. I know for sure that with the last member idling out a clan automatically gets the inactive label in the in-game list. Something that needs to be done manually in the wiki.
Milla

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »

To get new players involved (and this game need some new blood), the more information aviable about clans in the game, the better.
If one assumes that players will read back on old threads on the forums and check out old, possibly outdated wiki articles, one is already waving a bunch of potential recruits goodbye (Especially since you guys are so sloppy about ingame recruiting. Sorry, but you are).

An easy way for new players to familliarize themselves would be very handy.

Now, make clan communication easier, as well as make it easier for newbies to make their own clans..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:37:41 PM by Milla » Logged
Ahnaom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »

Now, make clan communication easier...
This would be really awesome. Some simple message system inside the game.

...as well as make it easier for newbies to make their own clans
Not sure about this, currently you have to be level 5 and buy one skill. Neither of these seems too restrictive for me.
Milla

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »

*Slaps forehead* Yeah. You are right. It is level 5. I thought it was 10 there for a minute.
FirstAmongstDaves

Does other things too.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 02:32:19 AM »

Good idea. Beats trawling through the clans.

Read my stuff!!! -  www.worldcomicbookreview.com
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »

100 character taglines... there you go. I'll add them to the clan list display shortly.

*EDIT* And done.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:35:12 PM by Simon » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: