Shartak The Official Shartak Forum
Click here to play NOW!
November 23, 2017, 01:45:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What statistics should we keep from v1?  (Read 5710 times)
Simon
Shartak Developer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »

With the imminent launch of v2, what statistics other than the normal ones should we generate and preserve?

With things like the top X killers etc, should the number X be increased just for this one time?

I have a backup of the database and this is what the stats will be generated against, rather than the current live database.

snico

equal opportunity eater

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:48:42 AM »

since I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm just gonna say I trust whatever you do will be sufficient.

Snico Princess Nico Marcy
A parrot squawks "Lady be free, Lady be fine! Princess Nico, Will you be mine?" (2010-08-30)
Vetari

YUN CU'THI JUHGER MUN!!! (You can't judge me!!!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »

since I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm just gonna say I trust whatever you do will be sufficient.
That there is a good player's attitude. The Creator knows best

EDIT:

Well, I think that v2 should have an entirely different set of stats.

Maybe there could be a legacy page for the ancient stats. Not really sure. I'm currently being distracted by some real life homework, therefore not thinking clearly.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:07:33 PM by Vetari » Logged

Forum Rule of the Month:
* Try to stay on topic.  Don't hijack threads (without a good reason).

Active
Vicious
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

I have to agree with that.  New stats for the new launch, while keeping the old stats as an ancient history page.

gridflay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »

I have to agree with that.  New stats for the new launch, while keeping the old stats as an ancient history page.

Speaking as an obsessive stats-page watcher, I'll agree with this as well.
Buttercup

=O

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:45:17 PM by Buttercup » Logged

Shartak:Buttercup Wiki:Buttercup Shintolin:Buttercup Exodus3000:Happy

I also play Urban Dead. On the wiki I'm Ms.Panes.
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:19:19 AM »

With the imminent launch of v2, what statistics other than the normal ones should we generate and preserve?

With things like the top X killers etc, should the number X be increased just for this one time?

Yeah, extending the top X ones does sound good. Also, given that this is a legacy/history page, we should be sure to include inactive characters on this... and presumably remove the weekly explorers and "current day" daily stats, and most likely the "active character" info as well.

I like the idea of adding new pages for stats not normally shown- I'm presuming the game doesn't save any stats not displayed on the profile, so we couldn't have for example a top jungle choppers page (though BTW, we should totally add that stat for v2, ASAP)? It'd be cool to see a top kill variety listing or somesuch, other than that don't see many stats that don't already have pages...

Would the stats be from August 9th, from just before the relaunch, or a set of each?

I'm guessing from just before the relaunch? The v2 stats include the ones from August 9th and before, so that would kinda make sense. Also, remember Simon said that Halloween was the last chance for v1 zombie kills, which implies that kills from then will be counted here.

Buttercup

=O

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:44:57 PM by Buttercup » Logged

Shartak:Buttercup Wiki:Buttercup Shintolin:Buttercup Exodus3000:Happy

I also play Urban Dead. On the wiki I'm Ms.Panes.
AlexanderRM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »

That idled-out stat looks weird as well- that can't be the characters all auto-idling for v2 since that happened on the 19th; and besides we didn't have that many characters before this... while on August 9th we must have had more than that.

There's a lot weird stuff on the stats in general, now, actually. (for one thing, AlexanderRM still doesn't show up on the Kills page where he ought to)

Johan Crichton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 01:39:41 AM »

Simon, what I think would be nice as a way to preserve the v1 stats are:

* statkills - top 250 killers of all time in v1, including both characters who were active and inactive when the backup was taken.
* statpkills - top 50 natives, top 50 pirates, top 50 cannibals, top 50 outsiders, as above.
* top 100 explorers of all time in v1
* top 10 characters of each class (e.g. top 10 native scouts, top 10 outsider soldiers, top 10 cannibals) based on level or XP or somesuch.

I don't have much invested in the other stats, so aren't sure what to suggest with respect to them.

Johan Crichton
Please read the forum rules before posting.
"Simple suggestion -> complicated/confusing suggestion = never implemented." - FAD
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:26 AM »

Maybe top ten exorcists and healers of all time.

Vetari

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »

And and and, Top 10 Greatest Roleplayers ever! Although that is completely subjective and incalculable by a computer Tongue

Forum Rule of the Month:

Active
Vicious
Neil Tathers

Likes to Click Buttons

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »

What about the top ten pecs of the island?

I would have at least two spots on that one.

Raivo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »

Regarding the statistics, the graph on the general statistics page isn't too helpful. The number of total players always just continues to climb up while active players doesn't, which ultimately leads the graph to be basically just two straight lines (it's already very close). Removing the total players from that graph would actually make it useful - instead you could track the active number of both outsiders and natives. It's pointless to track the total players with a graph as it can only go up.

Vetari

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

What about the top ten pecs of the island?

I would have at least two spots on that one.
Unfair! No one has that many pecs!

Forum Rule of the Month:

Active
Vicious
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: